Hybrid View

bearcatfootballplayer

Do you really need HD?

Xbox 360 seems like a great system and the grphics are good but there is one question that still wakes me up at night. Do I really need HD to see the great graphics and textures the system can put out? I dont know if it is just me but I cannot afford to buy and Xbox 360 and an hdtv both at the same time. If you have played Xbox 360 on a regular or hdtv please share your thoughts.

Superior Member

I have played them both and can safely say two things that you've heard a million times before.

1. The graphics can still be impressive without an HDTV.

2. There is a noticable different with an HDTV though. Everything is so sharp and crisp, you can actually see farther and get better headshots in PDZ because a guys head from 500 feet away still looks nice and round and not a dark smudge of pixels. All of the textures pop right off the screen they look so much better in 720p.

Blake
    I've seen alot of examples of 360 games on standard and HDTV's. Both look amazing, HDTV is just a bit sharper, and crisp. It's really the same as say watching cable tv....just hdtv comes out looking a bit more clear.

Veteran
    As of right now we don't need HD to enjoy the games looks. but soon in the future we should go for it.

Amadeus
    And all the HDTVs that support true 720p are at least 1,200 dollars right now, from what i've seen. 1200+ for a TV set is just too much, regardless.

Thread Information