Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Why does everybody like God of War so much?

What is so good about this game? Everytime i try to play it, it gets boring.. Whats so good?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45272&dateline=118447 2797[/SIGPIC]

Elite Member
    Its an immense enviroment with fast action and good graphics. It also has a very good story and feature set in terms of magic, weapons, and abilities. Its just a sweet game.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well do you even like the genre? (DMC,Prince of Persia,Ninja Gaiden)

Not everybody is going to like a certain game.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Apprentice
    I wish i had more interest in it with 2 PS2 games and one PSP game coming up.. id be busy for a while.
    Yea, i never liked Prince of Persia and i played the NGS demo.. not very interested.. i guess i dont like these kinda games.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45272&dateline=118447 2797[/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Same here. All my friends enjoy playing it, but I guess it's not my cup of tea. It was really cool for the first hour, but it kinda died off for me.

May be that not the kind of game you like. To me this game is awesome because it has an amazing combat style, the graphics are cool, the greek ambient make it feels diferent, the caracter has attitud, the storyline is different from what we have seen so far in many games that appeal the same public, and many other things that make this game a great game. Before R:FoM I really do not like FPS, because they make me dizzy and find them kind of boring, but after play it I start to enjoy this kind of games. So may be is just matter of wat kind of games are you looking for.

Master Sage
    For me it's the storyline that comes first, it just seems very immersive and i love the whole greek mythology thing.

Secondly comes the gameplay, it seems very easy to pickup and unlocking the new weapons and abilities are a lot of fun.

And finally there is the graphics, they were top of the range on PS2 and the depth of field was pretty huge especially in GOW2

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ldksparda21 View Post
    I dont think it's the game i think the problem is with you man.
    So what if he doesn't like this game?, sure God of War is awesome but still he is entitled to his opinion, if he thinks God of War sucks then deal with it, if you actually read the thread you would have realised that he doesn't like the action genre as a whole, If you don't like FPS's much like me then how are you going to like Halo? Everyone has their own taste in video games just learn to deal with it.

to each his own

I love the God Of War series. Only game that makes me giggle like a little school girl. I let a friend borrow it and he just didn't get it. that's fine though. to each his own.
    PS2 games : over 80
    PSP games : 12
    PS3 games: Motorstorm, Resistance, Splinter Cell, Oblivion, Tony Hawk. Spiderman 3,
    Rainbow Six, Ninja Gaiden, Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank: future, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, COD 4, UT3, Rock Band, FolkLore

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by ldksparda21 View Post
    Originally Posted by Chronik
    What is so good about this game? Everytime i try to play it, it gets boring.. Whats so good?
    I dont think it's the game i think the problem is with you man.
    Don't be childish, just cuz you like a given game doesn't mean everyone has to. I personally love POP and looking forward for more, GOW on the otherhand was lacking something to me personally, but I'll still play the entire game; I'm hoping that void will be filled further into the game.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    its just awesome to watch the gore ive never seen a guy talk so much trashand actually back it up his story is also moving..... :'(

MODERNGAMERSVIEW.COM

Apprentice
    I thought God of War was really good, but after you save the topless woman from falling off a cliff and head into the desert, the game started getting repetitive. Too much puzzle-solving, it broke the action.

God of War II, however, is beyond awesome through and through.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Falanx13 View Post
    I thought God of War was really good, but after you save the topless woman from falling off a cliff and head into the desert, the game started getting repetitive. Too much puzzle-solving, it broke the action.

God of War II, however, is beyond awesome through and through.
    I wish there were more games like GOW, and the old Resident Evil's, with action and puzzles. I absolutely love the puzzles that are thrown in, same as with Silent Hill.

Apprentice
    I like the epic presentation, especially in 2.

Superior Member
    I think it's obvious why so many people like the God of War series but, for me, it's simply because it's such a visceral experience. The combat is fluid and you can easily rack up crazy hit counts pretty easily. It just makes you feel like a bad ass while you play it. Add in the amazing bosses and you just can't go wrong.
    320gb PS3 | PSP (Monster)
    All things truly wicked start from innocence

I'm a real boy!
    It's simply a game that's not for you, big deal.

Move on and cherish something else.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronik View Post
    first not everyone likes the game i think it has only sold like 2-3million and the second one i am not sure but there are many other IP's out there that sell much better why not ask why people like those. for me i do like it why? because it has a great story, some nice adult violence and subject matter, it is set in the time of the romans and the gameplay/controls are top notch, great battle system and some great combos to be done. if you don't like it or find it boring then try something else more action packed.
    George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Einstein
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Forum Sage
    Ohh... the blood... so much blood... thats why i liked about God of War...
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    It's kinda like a game of Tekken, but you go through this amazing story with these super huge maps. I think when i finished it, i only had like 2 load points in the entire game. This game is one bad-ass peice of gaming. This and kingdom hearts have the same type of game play, I must just love these types of games.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Superior Member
    u can have sexorrs with girls
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41145&dateline=118498 7635[/SIGPIC]

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Thread title made me laugh.
    Its like asking Why does everybody like Ice Cream or Free Money so much?

Dedicated Member
    dam i love these games but all my mates don't like them at all
    MODERN WARFARE 2
    Kill/Death Ratio: 2.15

Killstreak: 41

Dedicated Member
    Storyline and graphics aside, I thought it was pretty average. The violence and nudity was cool but it was too repetitive. Ripping a medusas head off is cool the first couple of times but after that...meh. Low amount of bosses, last boss felt like I was playing a different game.

Though I guess GOW2 improves on all that so I might pick up that when it becomes greatest hits. DMC3 > GOW imo, will see if GOW2 will dethrone it.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    It is one of those AAA games that just does so much right. But just because it is a well produced game doesn't mean you'll enjoy it if you don't like the genre.

The story is one of my favorite things about it, but obviously that won't come into play until you are at least halfway through the game. The whole setting of the game, with the cool enemies and evrionments is my second favorite thing. Amazingly that all came together with smooth controls, a great entertaining amount of abilities, and great graphics.

I don't think they even decided on Kratos's weapons until late in the development cycle, but somehow the blades of chaos were born and it worked so well. If you watch the making of GOW is seems almost like they were lucky with a lot of things, but I have to credit the talent of David Jaffe, and his team for that.

Superior Member

Personal i think GOW is a rip off of RYGAR with better graphic ofcourse. and the button indication thing is been done already, so nothing new there. the sex mini game is lame and personally i think rygar have better story.

i played the first one half way. loss interest so i never really beat it. never played the second one and i'm not so hype about the next one... i like these type of games and genre, just not so much God of War.

Thread Information