Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronik View Post
    What is so good about this game? Everytime i try to play it, it gets boring.. Whats so good?
    Well other than being fun as hell with crazy action sequences, there are many things I love about GOW and GOW2. The games have a very easy to pick up, but difficult to master gameplay. Mortal-Easy and Spartan-Normal are a cake walk, but God-Hard and Titan-Very Hard are something of a completely different level. Another great thing to me about GOW is the integration of puzzle solving; for the most part GOW is a puzzle game as much as an action-adventure. Finally, the last great thing is the mythos (story) that GOW presents. I'm a sucker for Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology among others and GOW presents an interesting and entertaining form of Greek mythology that just keeps me playing.
    Like my post? Show your support accordingly.

"Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Karate master, and Microsoft is still not black belt." - Ken Kutaragi on XBL

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You have a fair point, even though I think it's utter....

Not everyone likes a certain genre, but in saying that, it's a testament to GOW that it's received such widespread acclaim from both critics and the public (general and the "hardcore"). Especially if you compare it with other similar games - Ninja Gaiden, DMC etc.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member
    Well, It's a great game, so many things to do, good to power you weapons up, fun to play.
    Just a great game

Elite Sage
    I bought it last year, and I thought it was not bad.
    But definately not something I'd usually play.

Some people have different tastes I personally am not a fan of the Hitman franchise but from your Avatar I can see that you are
    yeah i know i'm sexy

[SIGPIC]C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\th_hamburgler.jpg[/SIGPIC]

phranctoast
    When people dont like this series it really discredits them as gamers in my opinion. I could watch someone play GOW and not get bored. I know people who really dont play or like games reverse their opinion because of this one game. I have friends that are such big xbots, get converted because of this game.

I cant see getting bored with it. The game is Epic. Everything is fresh. Every enviroment is different than the last. I cant say enough good things about it.

Forum Sage
    It just basically took the PS2 to its limits...
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

it's COLOSSAL environments
    and the lasting gameplay
    and an opp to stand toe to toe against gods !!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    Thats just like asking why people like GTA games so much. There are going to be games some like and some don't, but for me the story line, voice overs and graphics got my attention quick. The more i played the more the story got deeper and better, the fighting style was great as well. The different things and styles you can use while you fight, like magic, I liked. Only thing pissed me off about the game towards the end before you fight the final boss the second time, was fighting clones of yourself was hard. I found the boss at the to be easy to beat.
    Sig & Avatar by Blu-Ray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    Personal i think GOW is a rip off of RYGAR with better graphic ofcourse. and the button indication thing is been done already, so nothing new there. the sex mini game is lame and personally i think rygar have better story.

i played the first one half way. loss interest so i never really beat it. never played the second one and i'm not so hype about the next one... i like these type of games and genre, just not so much God of War.
    God of war is no rip of rygar, yes i do believe it inspired god of way, if thats the case then halo is just Golden eye with aliens.

And what kind of question is, Why do people like god of war so much, ,maybe its a fun game, you ever though of that, why do people like final fantasy so much for that matter why do people like Mario, this is a stupid thread.

Bin Laden
    I've played the game a little but whats so special about this game its like the rest of the combat killing games.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Laden View Post
    I've played the game a little but whats so special about this game its like the rest of the combat killing games.
    Man you resurect old threads like crazy! that's a good thing btw more for me to post. Anyways I play GoW because of the GORE!!

Sig & Avy Created by THUGGEDOUT

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Its an immense enviroment with fast action and good graphics. It also has a very good story and feature set in terms of magic, weapons, and abilities. Its just a sweet game.
    couldn't have put it any better lol.
    FuNtAgE!
    New Sig coming soon

Super Elite
    the 4 B's
    Beautiful
    Brutal
    Brilliant
    BAD AZZ

it is just a all around great game the story told very well the game play is great (not perfect but pretty fun)
    the characters as well thought out and the environments and graphics are amazing for a last gen game.
    George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Einstein
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    It should be a gamer crime not to like God of War. >_>

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

I liked it because its violent, its fun to play, fun to find new combos, the upgrading is a back breaking chore, though. I love Greek mythology, and my regards to GoW2 breaking alot of it, well, I'll let it pass for it being just a video game. but I liked walking up Cronos, going up against 2 seperate gods, and many ginormous beats from mythology.

plus, the interactive kill sequences are more enjoyable than jsut watching it happen. I like how they made a mini=game about that by keeping you guessing on what button to push.

PS3 games: The Orange Box, MGS4, Unreal Tournament 3

Dedicated Member
    i really never like the GOW franchise, it was never deep enough to catch my attention for more than 30min. yes their was weapons, magic an level, but each induvidual(sp) category seemed shallow

Fister Roboto
    The thing about GoW is that it can only keep you interested for so long until you get tired of the repetitive hack-n-slash gameplay. It's fun until you play for long periods of time

"The Secret Ingredient Is Phone"

bigbadbob113
    I love the story. Greek mythology is so interesting, and the game plays into it so well. Also, the gameplay itself is great. The combat system is awesome, and the enemies are awesome. The bosses tend to be gigantic monsters which are impressive to look at. All in all, its such a great game.

Apprentice
    whats not to like???
    one minute im getting powned by a certain boss in the game,the next minute im crushing his damn face with door over and over again while he screams in agony.now this is god of war for you

I agree, played it once, hated it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    That is the best thing about all of the choices that are out there in gaming world. If you like it play it; if not play something else. I loved God of War and GOW2. I really enjoyed the button animation sequences and the story is deep, gory and filled with betrayals. I would say this to the people who tried it and thought it was boring, start the game over again on Hard mode, and you will not have the chance to get bored, you really have to ramp up your game play to last even through the regular enimies let alone boss battles on hard.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Personally I love the action genre, like PoP, and DMC. But the first GoW was simply lacking something for me. I didn't think it was BAD but I definitely thought it didn't live up to the hype. But the second one really did it for me. I loved that game immensely. I think it was the more grand storyline, and the addition of more bosses that really got me into it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    the first GOW did it for me...the hydra fight in the beginning of the game was just intense(played the demo before the game) after that i was hooked

its an interesting game..love it..am always late for work ..lol

Thread Information