Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    REFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by majinvegeta View Post
    Hey Reflex, just wanted to say THANK YOU . Just bought myself a Sony Bravia 40" does 1080i and is BEAUTIFUL. MUCH better than the stupid akai 42", not only physically but clearly I can tell that the image quality is superb on this LCD.

Man, I can't believe I got this TV lol. I was going for the 32", but then we saw the 40" and I just could not stop staring at it .

Now heres a question, I have a 19" Samsung LCD Monitor that I was using earlier in my bedroom for my PS3 gaming. With this monitor, I was able to FORCE 1080p, and it does work fine. Is this possible on the PS3? at the moment, I am using 1080i component cables I bought a few days ago. The cable says it supports 1080i max, I tried outputting 1080p, but I just got a blank screen . Do you think its the cables? or just the TV not being able to accept a higher signal?

Again, thank you very much, without this information, I would have been staying with that very inferior akai television that SUCKS ASS!

Haha! Oh boy... well your welcome, just glad to be of some help.

Hmmm, lets see... You cannot force anything with the PS3 as far as resolution goes, you must remember that the vast majority of HDTVs do not accept 1080p via Component cables.... some do, but only most older models (some 2006 ones do too I think), but thats about it, its all about Copy Protection and the regulation of digital signals. So you can only output 1080i through component, if the TV isnt a 1080p HDTV that can accept 1080p then dont worry, if it is a 1080p tv that can accept 1080p signals then get HDMI... otherwise your sittin pretty good as it is.

Im glad youve gotten something you like! Congrats.

Elite Member
    my HDTV doesn't display 1080p. will i be able to play blu ray movies in 720p or 1080i with the ps3 or can they only be displayed in 1080p?

REFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel123 View Post
    my HDTV doesn't display 1080p. will i be able to play blu ray movies in 720p or 1080i with the ps3 or can they only be displayed in 1080p?
    No, it should be able to play them on something else other than 1080p! So you should be fine, does your TV accept 1080i and 720p? You should be fine.

It wone be able to play them in 1080p on your HDTV unless it is an actual 1080p HDTV.

Elite Member
    yeah it displays 720p and 1080i, i use those for the x360.

REFLEX
    Ok, what you mean to say is that it ACCEPTS both signals, it can only display 1, its native resolution. So your fine.. unless you want something shiny and new with newer specs, stick with what you have for now. But like I said, unless you want something bigger or "better" then upgrade, do whatever makes you happy.

But for what you asked, your fine.

I need a Question to be answered ASAP i have asked this everywhere and i havent gotten a response so i got a PS3 and when ever i put in my blu-ray movies in when i have the HDMI cable in i only get a black screen and when i put in a game the game works fine but when i take out the HDMI cable and put in the ones it came with the movies work fine but i dont want to watch HD movies on 480i. so does anyone know whats wrong

I have a Pioneer plasma pdp5070, any special settings right off the bat I should do?

I am now going to look for an ISF person around the GTA area here in canada.

REFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Graham07 View Post
    I need a Question to be answered ASAP i have asked this everywhere and i havent gotten a response so i got a PS3 and when ever i put in my blu-ray movies in when i have the HDMI cable in i only get a black screen and when i put in a game the game works fine but when i take out the HDMI cable and put in the ones it came with the movies work fine but i dont want to watch HD movies on 480i. so does anyone know whats wrong
    huh..... well which HDTV do you have? Can it accept these forms of HD? 720p, 1080i?

Quote Originally Posted by polskaforever View Post
    I have a Pioneer plasma pdp5070, any special settings right off the bat I should do?

I am now going to look for an ISF person around the GTA area here in canada.

Well not really, you should check out AVS forums for specific settings on your specific HDTVs, all makes and models are different for that stuff. If you can find an ISF Calibrator then your getting the BEST possible results from your TV. If you cannot get one then I suggest getting a Calibration DVD instead, which will help a lot. Typically youd want to turn most extra processing off, set iris levels to off or MAX and turn the sharpness down to below 20. Thats ROUGH..... basics.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by REFLEX View Post
    Ok, what you mean to say is that it ACCEPTS both signals, it can only display 1, its native resolution. So your fine.. unless you want something shiny and new with newer specs, stick with what you have for now. But like I said, unless you want something bigger or "better" then upgrade, do whatever makes you happy.

But for what you asked, your fine.

nice thanks i just want my movies with good high def quality.

REFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel123 View Post
    nice thanks i just want my movies with good high def quality.
    Yup.. enjoy, with the right titles on a decent enough TV youll be really happy.

huh..... well which HDTV do you have? Can it accept these forms of HD? 720p, 1080i?

Well not really, you should check out AVS forums for specific settings on your specific HDTVs, all makes and models are different for that stuff. If you can find an ISF Calibrator then your getting the BEST possible results from your TV. If you cannot get one then I suggest getting a Calibration DVD instead, which will help a lot. Typically youd want to turn most extra processing off, set iris levels to off or MAX and turn the sharpness down to below 20. Thats ROUGH..... basics.
    Why turn the sharpness down to below 20? Wont that blurry the image even more? Also whats Iris levels exactly? Right now I have brightness and contrast set lower than normal and colour changed a bit.

REFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by polskaforever View Post
    Why turn the sharpness down to below 20? Wont that blurry the image even more? Also whats Iris levels exactly? Right now I have brightness and contrast set lower than normal and colour changed a bit.
    Well basically Sharpness is a processing ability that the TV does to images to ADD extra information that is not there to begin with. So if the picture is sharp, then it could be turned to 0 and not make it blurry or anything. It is NOT the control for sharp vs. blurry or direct control over the actual sharpness of the image. Its adding additional information to something that isn't there to begin with.

Irish level is strange to most people, the Advanced Iris settings on most peoples HDTVs can really screw with the image. In dark scenes (a good example is during the movie Syrianna, when they are in a theater talking, real covert style) where light is sometimes changed, night scenes, anything really... the Advanced Iris will try to compensate, so in some areas youll see light get brighter or darker. It really annoys the hell out of most people, so setting it to LOW, or MAX is the best.

The MANY other settings are more or less up to you until you get some sort of Calibration done, either by a pro (ISF) or by yourself with a disc, which is just great too. The sharpness on my HDTV was set professionally with instruments and such.... its at 11. This of course is particular to my HDTV and my other settings.... but still.

Hey Reflex could u tell me how my sanyo z3 projector will look when hooked up to a ps3 based on the specs n stuff
    Video: Sanyo Z3 1080i Projector 8ft Screen
    Sound: Logitech Z-5500
    Funds : 1600

REFLEX
    Sanyo z3? Hmm - are you talking about the Sanyo PLV-Z3? If so I can help you out, but I Need to know first.. I think thats the one your talking about.

Need some help please

Hi everyone, good to be here.
    Hope this is the right section. I don't know if this is normal or not or if my setup is setup correctly but when i play a blue-ray movie in my ps3 (Ricky Bobby) The voices are a lot quieter in the movie than when played on cable on the t.v at the same volume. The t.v i have is a Sharp LC-32D40U LCD t.v and it the connection is through a HDMI cable. I setup my video through the ps3 to display 1080i through the HDMI cable but for the audio setup I set it through the HDMI cable but in the next screen i have many audio options and i don't know which ones to choose for my t.v. Some have higher frequencies than others and when i select them it says it could damage my speakers if it not supported by the t.v. How do I set-up my system properly and find out what my t.v supports as i can't find it in the manual or their site. I don't know if this is the issue with the quieter talking or if its something else so if not can someone point me in the right direction to what i should do? Also what formats does the blue ray movie support? 1080p, 1080i etc? Thanks a bunch everyone

Elite Sage

hmmm.. I dont think crappy places like Best Buy has them..... hold on a second... do you shop online?

http://www.ovationmultimedia.com/avia.html

or

http://www.videoessentials.com/

Id suggest getting DVE DVD over AVIA..... but either will be alright. You can look around at Amazon.com or Ebay or other places for these titles... you dont need to get them from their site, but you can do that too.
    DVE DVD costs just as much as getting it ISF calibrated, i thought he was looking for cheaper solutions, lol.

Superior Member

What? I got my Digital Video Essentials DVD for $40.
    United States Air Force Enlisted E-5

REFLEX
    Quote Originally Posted by behemoko View Post
    DVE DVD costs just as much as getting it ISF calibrated, i thought he was looking for cheaper solutions, lol.
    Haha.. NO, your looking at the Pro DVD set... thats for Calibrators. You can get it BRAND new for 40 dollars or so. Thats CHEAP. You were looking at the wrong one!

REFLEX
    Sorry about the double post im super ultra multi tasking at the moment and didnt even notice. Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Commandermick View Post
    Hi everyone, good to be here.
    Hope this is the right section. I don't know if this is normal or not or if my setup is setup correctly but when i play a blue-ray movie in my ps3 (Ricky Bobby) The voices are a lot quieter in the movie than when played on cable on the t.v at the same volume. The t.v i have is a Sharp LC-32D40U LCD t.v and it the connection is through a HDMI cable. I setup my video through the ps3 to display 1080i through the HDMI cable but for the audio setup I set it through the HDMI cable but in the next screen i have many audio options and i don't know which ones to choose for my t.v. Some have higher frequencies than others and when i select them it says it could damage my speakers if it not supported by the t.v. How do I set-up my system properly and find out what my t.v supports as i can't find it in the manual or their site. I don't know if this is the issue with the quieter talking or if its something else so if not can someone point me in the right direction to what i should do? Also what formats does the blue ray movie support? 1080p, 1080i etc? Thanks a bunch everyone
    When you set the HDMI Audio, do you use Auto or Manual?

Master Guru
    What do you do for a living REFLEX?

Sorry about the double post im super ultra multi tasking at the moment and didnt even notice. Sorry...

When you set the HDMI Audio, do you use Auto or Manual?
    I used auto and it selected PCM Linear 2 ch. 44.1 khz and PCM Linear 2ch 48khz but the voices are still quiet. In manual there are many options and I don't know if maybe the ps3 just picks the basic on auto and you have to fix it yourself on manual for good sound performance?
    Thanks

REFLEX
    I used auto and it selected PCM Linear 2 ch. 44.1 khz and PCM Linear 2ch 48khz but the voices are still quiet. In manual there are many options and I don't know if maybe the ps3 just picks the basic on auto and you have to fix it yourself on manual for good sound performance?
    Thanks
    Yeah it tries to tell what its going to be used for and sends it out, basically it sends out the signals, detects what is going to happen with them and keeps it that way. I dont know if there is anything else you can do, in the future I would reccomend getting a reciever for your set up but until then I have no clue what else to do. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrann View Post
    What do you do for a living REFLEX?
    Im a musician and Ive made a lot of investments into hedge funds and other such things. Capital Management my friend, ofcourse I saved up a lot of money too, for soon I will be a student again. Ive done a lot of things.

Thanks, 1 more question

Thanks for trying to help reflex.
    Hey if its not too much trouble could you answer this question for me, I'm thinking about buying a surround sound system for my t.v since the speakers are mediocre on them. I have 2 HDMI inputs on the t.v so i dunno if that helps. Do you have any good recommendations for a surround sound system? or what should i be looking for when i'm buying one because i don't know too much about them and I really don't want to spend too much money either. Thanks alot

Master Guru
    Im a musician and Ive made a lot of investments into hedge funds and other such things. Capital Management my friend, ofcourse I saved up a lot of money too, for soon I will be a student again. Ive done a lot of things.
    I was just curious, and that is great that you do what you like...

What genere of music do you make?

I too have a portfolio with a close friend of mine at Merrill Lynch, so I have learned at an early age (17 to be exact) the earlier you get started the better of it gets later... doubles every so many year, woot!

Thanks for trying to help reflex.
    Hey if its not too much trouble could you answer this question for me, I'm thinking about buying a surround sound system for my t.v since the speakers are mediocre on them. I have 2 HDMI inputs on the t.v so i dunno if that helps. Do you have any good recommendations for a surround sound system? or what should i be looking for when i'm buying one because i don't know too much about them and I really don't want to spend too much money either. Thanks alot
    I know not to buy a Sony reciever, but its always good to put a price range so that REFLEX doesn't blow your bank account to a million pieces !

hi i am in the uk,
    and have a ps3 (lucky me)
    i am looking for a good source to buy my blue ray dvd's
    as they are quite expensive in the UK.
    can anyone advise a good store, good prices, that ship overseas ??

thanks

Thread Information