Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by EncoreEncore View Post
    I have no idea why your 360 is reverting back to that date and time......strange bug considering the 360 was not launched till Oct 2005.....maybe its trying o tell you something.

Are you sure this is the 360 and not the a original xbox, i thought the 360 used Xblive to verify and corrected any time difference due to your geographical region and settings.......
    Humm....Its white, theres a HDD on the top, comes with a brick and makes alot of noise. Yeah its definatly the 360

Thats what I thought. You think it would sort its self out if i hooked it up to the internet to do it?

Its definatly set up for GMT London and all that.

No biggy about the date, its just a pain when trying to work out which was my latested save file on Bio shock!

Apprentice
    Ok this might seem stupid and simple, but i wanna ask anyway!

I sold my 360 a month ago and got a PS3

In the Summer, i plan on buying an Arcade console for my little brother and I to share

I know i can recover my tag again, but i had a bunch of arcade games that i'd want back, would i have to buy them again or will i have the option to re-download them for free?

Community Manager
    Yeah, you will be able to just download them again. Once you've recovered your tag [for which you'll need the email address/password] go to Marketplace and the 'Download history' where anything you've ever downloaded will be listed as and you can download it again.

However, there is currently a crappy DRM thing where you can only use content that you previously bought on another console on the new one if you're connected to Live, but apparently they'll fix that with the next update. Otherwise you'll have to be connected to Live at all times.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by carocat View Post
    Yeah, you will be able to just download them again. Once you've recovered your tag [for which you'll need the email address/password] go to Marketplace and the 'Download history' where anything you've ever downloaded will be listed as and you can download it again.

However, there is currently a crappy DRM thing where you can only use content that you previously bought on another console on the new one if you're connected to Live, but apparently they'll fix that with the next update. Otherwise you'll have to be connected to Live at all times.
    I didn't know that. That sucks for people on dial-up like me who can't be consistently connected to the internet.
    PlayStation 3 60 GB owner

Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
    I didn't know that. That sucks for people on dial-up like me who can't be consistently connected to the internet.
    Well, there are people on the net [do a google search, I'm about to leave, no time] who have called up MS and had it fixed with MS changing the serial number somehow with the DLC.

I have no idea, but they all mentioned it was a long process. Best bet is to just call up MS and see what they say. I personally never had a problem with their customer support and they were always helpful and friendly to me.

Master Guru
    Hm i had a weird little problem this morning.Ill try to explain the situation to see if anyone else ever encounter that problem.

I have a 26" Samsung TV and it has 2 HDMI outputs.The 1st HDMI is occupied from my PC so i can watch movies on the bigger Screen.The 2nd one is used between my PS3 and my x360.

I wanted to play LO on my x360 but i forgot that it wasn't connected with the HDMI cable.I opened the system with the controller as i usually do,but since it wasn't connected with the HDMI,i offed it from the x360 power button.

But when i connected the HDMI cable and open it again from the controller,i couldn't get any signal at all.I took it off and plugged it again (when it was on) but still nothing.It only worked when i offed it from the x360 power button.

Anyone had this problem before?Its the 1st time that i got this kind of problem and im doing the switching for along time.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Master Guru

Can a sub account piggy back on a gold membership? IE. can me and my GF both play online together with only one gold account.

Wording it like this makes this sound very silly, in my head it sounded like it should be possible, but now that I have written it out, it doesnt make much sence lol.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by andonino View Post
    Can a sub account piggy back on a gold membership? IE. can me and my GF both play online together with only one gold account.

Wording it like this makes this sound very silly, in my head it sounded like it should be possible, but now that I have written it out, it doesnt make much sence lol.
    No, if you both want to play on-line together, you need another gold account unless the game supports having a guest on-line with you via split screen.

And in th case of like Crackdown or a co-op on-line scenario, you need another system and copy of the same game.

i hope I made that as clear as possible, it does sound a bit confusing.
    SONY Bravia SXRD 60" & Hitachi 50V710 50"
    80Gig PS3
    XBOX Premuim
    XBOX Core w/ HDD
    Systems don't matter, the games do!

Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

As far as I'm aware, you can not.

It made sense to me, I understood from the word piggyback because you mentioned the sub account aspect.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Master Guru

Thanks for the help, was what I figured

Soldier 95B

In addition to A7MAD's reply, you can (in some games) have your GF play online as a guest (splitscreen) on the same Xbox. You can do this in GRAW, GRAW2, Halo 3, etc.

I am thinking about "Completing the Trinity" later this year, because, well, this Gen, the 7th, is awful, only 2ish Wii games and 3 PS3 games for the rest of the year I am bothered about. It's forced upon the gamer to have all three to have a decent amount of quality titles. I digress, I have a few questions.

I am never going online with it, so which model should I need?

Can I transfer completed saves or games I am bored of to an external HDD or USB 2.0 FlashDrive?

Do any games have rediculously large saves or need an install?

Is there any alternative option to AA batteries, similar to the internals of the PS3 Duelshock 3 and SIXAXIS? Or, better yet, an 3rd Xbox controller with the PS design and internal rechargable battery?

Is it true that the 175Watt Falcon SKU has less chance of "dieing" on me?

Thanks

Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
    I am thinking about "Completing the Trinity" later this year, because, well, this Gen, the 7th, is awful, only 2ish Wii games and 3 PS3 games for the rest of the year I am bothered about. It's forced upon the gamer to have all three to have a decent amount of quality titles. I digress, I have a few questions.

I am never going online with it, so which model should I need?

Can I transfer completed saves or games I am bored of to an external HDD or USB 2.0 FlashDrive?

Do any games have rediculously large saves or need an install?

Is there any alternative option to AA batteries, similar to the internals of the PS3 Duelshock 3 and SIXAXIS? Or, better yet, an 3rd Xbox controller with the PS design and internal rechargable battery?

Thanks
    Hi, I'm going to try and ansewer some of your questions.

Just out of interest, why would you never go online with it? You would miss out on Marketplace, additional [sometimes free] content for the games you have and you don't need to pay if you don't actually play online. If it's just the case of playing some games offline, then you wouldn't need the Premium/Pro or Elite and the Arcade would do.

All games have small enough saves to fit on a memory unit that comes with SKU's like the Arcade version.

You can transfer stuff to official memory units but not to anything else, like PC HDD.

No games have yet had any form of install and considering there are some SKU's sold without HDD's I cannot see a mandatory install happening soon.

You can buy a PLay and Charge kit which really is worth the money and charges your controller while you play or so. As for design similar to the PS controller, I don't know, sorry!

As for your last question, I've indeed heard that, but don't really pay all that much attention to it, so someone else it gonna have to help you there.

Any more questions?

Hi, I'm going to try and ansewer some of your questions.

Just out of interest, why would you never go online with it? You would miss out on Marketplace, additional [sometimes free] content for the games you have and you don't need to pay if you don't actually play online. If it's just the case of playing some games offline, then you wouldn't need the Premium/Pro or Elite and the Arcade would do.
    I rely on a 3G internet connection, only option available to me, getting the PS360 online with that is realy an expensive task. Seeing as I only get 5GB, I'll kill my wallet in having to pay more money.

All games have small enough saves to fit on a memory unit that comes with SKU's like the Arcade version.
    That's 512MB, I'll have to look to see if I need more than 1. Should be enough though, Oblivion is 8MB, I take that is a "save heavy" game for the 360? Also, are these Flash, like DS games or Battery, like PS1/2 Memory cards?

You can transfer stuff to official memory units but not to anything else, like PC HDD.
    Kay, sence there are Mem card type items, and I gather they don't take up much space, that isn't much of a problem.

No games have yet had any form of install and considering there are some SKU's sold without HDD's I cannot see a mandatory install happening soon.
    That's good to know. Won't have the "Aw crap, another 30 mins to play DMC4 because I needed to delete it for space"

You can buy a PLay and Charge kit which really is worth the money and charges your controller while you play or so. As for design similar to the PS controller, I don't know, sorry!
    So, it's like the Wii and the PS3 mixed there there. Not too much trouble.

Any more questions?
    What music and movie formats can it play, and does it read off FlashDrives?

Elite Sage
    My dads, brothers, wifes brother is a computer technician/fixer with a flare for inter cooling (water, dry ice and other bizarre methods).
    I brought an arcade with has a 175w brick over to his place and popped it open.
    He reckons that taking into consideration the components plus his measured internal heat both when idling and when playing Gears, theres no way the 175w 360s can overheat, unless they're in an excessively hot room or the fans are damaged.

I asked him to do the same thing with an old 360 of mine from 06 and he said then that the cooling components didnt quite get the job done, and peak heats would cause warping/melting etc.

So yeah, you're safe with the 175w models.

Community Manager
    I rely on a 3G internet connection, only option available to me, getting the PS360 online with that is realy an expensive task. Seeing as I only get 5GB, I'll kill my wallet in having to pay more money.
    Yeah, that makes sense and sucks a bit..

That's 512MB, I'll have to look to see if I need more than 1. Should be enough though, Oblivion is 8MB, I take that is a "save heavy" game for the 360? Also, are these Flash, like DS games or Battery, like PS1/2 Memory cards?
    You should be fine with one for the time being which you will get with the arcade console. There are also some unofficial/third party ones which are larger. And they're flash I believe.

Kay, sence there are Mem card type items, and I gather they don't take up much space, that isn't much of a problem.
    A friend of mine has been using memory cards since the day he got a 360 two years ago and he's ok with them, he's got three I think and he's been playing many games.

He did have a problem with Oblivion though that one of his saves got insanely big, but that was apparently fixed in an update. That was early days as well, just after the game came out and he's still playing it and hasn't complained again.

That's good to know. Won't have the "Aw crap, another 30 mins to play DMC4 because I needed to delete it for space"
    Yep. I do hope they add optional install at some point, but considering the amount of consoles with no HDD it'd be bad business practice forcing something that needs a HDD. Although, this is MS..

What music and movie formats can it play, and does it read off FlashDrives?
    There's an update on Marketplace that allows the 360 to recognise them when directly plugged in and play music off them. But it excludes music legally bought in Itunes as far as I know. Not too sure, the whole thing is a bit of a mess.

Last years fall update included Xvid support, but it can only play them if they're less than 2 years old I think as it depends on the codecs.

I don't know about the flashdrives, I've never used one, I've just the existing home network to connect to my 360 and use the sharing facility so I could access all the stuff on my PC. The setup for that is simple, but I don't know if that's something that would work for you?

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    I am about to go the Family Video and rent an Xbox 360 game... what should I rent?

I already rented GTA 4, Bishock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Devil May Cry 4, Turok, Assassins Creed, The Orange Box, and Madden.
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Elite Sage
    I take it you've already played COD4?

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    Yes, I have played COD4 the most because I own it..
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Forum Elder
    I'm going to be buying a 360 arcade of a mate on the cheap, and I'm wondering if I need to buy a hard drive, if so, should I get the 20gb or the 120gb?

I don't think I'm going to be using it all that much, just to play a few games and demos.

I've got a few portable, usb2 hard drives, could one of them be used as a poor mans hard drive or do I have to buy an official one?

I've found 20GB HDDs on ebay for 30 so I guess it's not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    go back to youtube, we don't like your kind here.

Forum Elder
    Hello? anybody going to give me some advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    go back to youtube, we don't like your kind here.

Community Manager
    Would you be downloading any TV shows or films? If the answer is no or maybe one or two then the 120GB isn't worth it and you should stick to the 20GB one which will be more than enough for you.

And yes, you have to buy an official one, the 360 only recognises ext HDD's to play music/files off them.

Hope that helps.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    like carocat said, the 20gb hdd is perfect for your requirements

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Community Manager
    Actually re reading your post, you're buying the Arcade 360? Unless your mate lost it, that comes with a memory unit which is enough to save games on. You'd only need a HDD if you were to download demos. But if you're not planning to do that initially you might as well wait a few days/weeks/whatever to see if you come across a great deal on a HDD.

Thread Information