Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast

My 360 would not read any type of disc whether it be a game, DVD or CD. So I called Microsoft to send in for repairs, paid my $110 fee. Then 2 weeks later i got email stating that i hadn't sent the prepaid box back to them but i had not received it. So, I called them the next day and was on the phone for nearly 45 minutes to find out i had to cancel the order and then call back in a half hour to create another order. I don't really want to call again because I would like to have my 360 repaired before halo 3 is released.

So, my question is could I have a friend who has a EB Games warranty for his 360 and give him money to renew his warranty again ? Or would they make sure it was the exact console that he had taken the warranty on.

Another option i was thinking of doing was buying a system from Walmart or costco/sams culb and taking out the new system and putting my broken one in it and then returning it !

Any advise appreciated !

Superior Member
    well i have 2 choices. 1: buy a core 360 from my brother for a lot cheaper, but can i buy a hard drive for the core? 2: wait untill christmas and get a premium and try to get the falcon version. but if i bought the core, i know i have a higher chance of getting a RROD. but if i keep a fan on the 360 at all times. it would decrease the chance right? i dont really want to wait untill christmas to get a 360 but i might have to. what do you guys think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL: KrazyNICKER
    PSN: JWdarkn3ss accept all requests

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBuddy View Post
    well i have 2 choices. 1: buy a core 360 from my brother for a lot cheaper, but can i buy a hard drive for the core? 2: wait untill christmas and get a premium and try to get the falcon version. but if i bought the core, i know i have a higher chance of getting a RROD. but if i keep a fan on the 360 at all times. it would decrease the chance right? i dont really want to wait untill christmas to get a 360 but i might have to. what do you guys think?
    Yes you can buy a HDD for the Core. It'll run about $90 for a 20GB and 180 for 120GB

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-20GB-...9387424&sr=1-2

Does your brother have the original receipt? If he can give you that then you're covered by MS's 3 year RROD warranty. If he can't then if it breaks, your stuck.

Putting a fan on the 360 doesn't help much. In fact, it might push the hot air back in. Pushing the heat out is what is most important.

If your brother can find the original receipt then buy his, if he can't....get a retail version.

My 360 would not read any type of disc whether it be a game, DVD or CD. So I called Microsoft to send in for repairs, paid my $110 fee. Then 2 weeks later i got email stating that i hadn't sent the prepaid box back to them but i had not received it. So, I called them the next day and was on the phone for nearly 45 minutes to find out i had to cancel the order and then call back in a half hour to create another order. I don't really want to call again because I would like to have my 360 repaired before halo 3 is released.

So, my question is could I have a friend who has a EB Games warranty for his 360 and give him money to renew his warranty again ? Or would they make sure it was the exact console that he had taken the warranty on.

Another option i was thinking of doing was buying a system from Walmart or costco/sams culb and taking out the new system and putting my broken one in it and then returning it !

Any advise appreciated !
    That will not work! EB takes down the serial number of the system and they make sure its the same system. I had to bring back my PS3 (due to bluetooth issues *upgrade to a 60GB*) and they took down the serial number, called headquarters to verify, then gave me a new system. If it is not the same system, they will not take it.

I would try MS again.

so is the only diffrence between the halo edition x360 and the elite is the color, space, and no hdmi wire??? Will the Hol edition x360 still go 1080p native???
    Enjoying my consoles on a 1080p HDTV.
    SNES=best console ever

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Armodka View Post
    so is the only diffrence between the halo edition x360 and the elite is the color, space, and no hdmi wire???
    Xbox.com has listed the following specs of the Halo 3 console:

Look for this new console in September. This new Special Edition contains these components:

* Halo 3 Special Edition Console
    * Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
    * Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
    * Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
    * Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
    * Component HD AV Cable
    * Ethernet Cable
    * HDMI Port
    * Play & Charge Kit
    * Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
    * One-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
    * Halo 3 game not included—sold separately
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...le/default.htm

Basically, its more of a premium than an elite, since it has the 20gb HDD, and no hdmi cord.
    The main difference really is its coat of paint.

Cool, thanks alot Carsonal! My premium, which i had since lauch just broke, so i was planing to get the elite but the paint job looked cool, but i was worried that it wouldn't have 1080p native output, but i guess it does, thanks
    Enjoying my consoles on a 1080p HDTV.
    SNES=best console ever

Snow_Spartan
    Hi everyone,

sorry to be a pain and such but

i want to get a 360 not just for Halo 3 (but i do want it) there are many other games however i dont really wanna shell out to get an Elite but which should i get?

a core system or the full system or whatever the name is called

as there is some deal in Toy's R Us where you buy a 360 core system with a 64mb memory card and a copy of Blue Dragon (which i would like to get) but i dont want to buy it but then find out that the full system is better or something

all i really wanna do with my 360 is go online to play Halo and other games and to save games im not really into getting videos and movies etc maybe the odd demo

also im quite worried about the whole "rings of death" issue how it actually happens and stuff

i do have an XBOX and i've played my mates 360 alot so could i please have some help?

sorry to bother you all

thanks

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_Spartan View Post
    Hi everyone,

sorry to be a pain and such but

i want to get a 360 not just for Halo 3 (but i do want it) there are many other games however i dont really wanna shell out to get an Elite but which should i get?

a core system or the full system or whatever the name is called

as there is some deal in Toy's R Us where you buy a 360 core system with a 64mb memory card and a copy of Blue Dragon (which i would like to get) but i dont want to buy it but then find out that the full system is better or something

all i really wanna do with my 360 is go online to play Halo and other games and to save games im not really into getting videos and movies etc maybe the odd demo

also im quite worried about the whole "rings of death" issue how it actually happens and stuff

i do have an XBOX and i've played my mates 360 alot so could i please have some help?

sorry to bother you all

thanks
    Everyone here will pretty much tell you to get a 360 with a hard drive unless you have absolutely no interest in downloading, vids, demos etc.
    It also allows replays of levels (forza 2 etc.) and lots of maps for multiplayer games.
    Its not necessary for online gaming though, since all you really need is a mem card.

My advice would be to look into which ever one is most affordable to you, but I'd always be an advocate of at least the premium with the Hdd.

As far as the red rings go, thats what pretty much every one in this thread asks and the answer is they're on their way out.
    So long as you buy one from in store than isn't second hand, you would be getting a system with improved cooling tech inside, and it makes a big difference.
    + theres the 3 yr warranty.

Snow_Spartan
    cool alright thanks alot Carsonal that helped alot

i just didnt want to buy the core version then decide that i need the HDD which is like 50-70 pounds which i then could of gone and got a full version

thanks alot

Apprentice
    Well I still haven't got my 360 yet. I've just been saving up to get it. I found a deal that gives you a premium 360 with Gears for €360 and I'm only €80 shy of it. so I was wondering with TGS going on at the moment is there any news on the falcon models release? or is it even worth waiting for? because I hear the recent 360's are fairly reliable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey602 View Post
    Well I still haven't got my 360 yet. I've just been saving up to get it. I found a deal that gives you a premium 360 with Gears for 360 and I'm only 80 shy of it. so I was wondering with TGS going on at the moment is there any news on the falcon models release? or is it even worth waiting for? because I hear the recent 360's are fairly reliable.
    We know little about the falcon models other than their chips being 65nm and running cooler.
    That said though, the recent models are very reliable.
    MS has made sure of this in time for the halo 3 launch

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsonal View Post
    We know little about the falcon models other than their chips being 65nm and running cooler.
    That said though, the recent models are very reliable.
    MS has made sure of this in time for the halo 3 launch
    I'll probably just buy one very soon then. Well at least before Mass Effect that game looks amazing. And I'm going crazy to get Dead Rising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Does the Elite have a built in wireless adaptor? if not can I use a USB Wireless adaptor like I have on my computer? that official xbox one is a rip off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Help with surround sound

Is there a trick to having surround sound? I use an optical cable for my PS3 to get my stereo surround sound, but on the 360 it wont pick it up, so I am forced to use the cables that came with it. And when I do, only the front speakers work, am I forgetting something?

Apprentice
    Wel I finally got it. I bought an Elite today and got Gears of War with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Is there anything I would require with an Xbox 360 and my standard old TV set. I have an old TV with nothing but the cable hook up on the back of it. I am thinking about getting a Xbox 360 and I want to know is there anything required for it to work with this or would I have to buy a newer TV for the cables to work with it or is there an adapter of some sort that will make it all work?

I know the newer SDTVs have S-video cables and the HDTVs have HDMI and stuff none of which my current TV has at the moment. Just wondering what I would need for a Xbox 360 to work with my TV or if it needs anything out of the box.

Elite Member
    Ok guys, i haven't been keeping up with the reviews recently, so here goes.
    I have about 100 and i was wondering if i should buy Halo 3 and Bioshock. From what i hear, they are good games, but i just wanted to clear things up. Can people just give me a few pro's and con's?
    Also, i was thinking of getting Heavenly Sword and PES 2008 for the PS3, but thats not for this system, so not for this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member

Cannot access Halo3 Bungie Extras (pics and films)

I played through Halo 3 and wanted to take a look at the Bungie Favorites extra where there are picture stills and films, however I get a message that I don't have access privileges.

I have Xbox Live (actually played Halo 3 co-op, that was fun), I have no parental control set (I made sure all content is allowed), I have content creation allowed on the 360. So I'm a bit puzzled. My co-op buddy tried his and he could see the content fine.

The only thing I could think of is that my 360 is a refurbished one (when my 360 died they had me kept my HDD and sent me this older but fixed unit, been fine ever since). Now I know that my secondary accounts lost access to my previously downloaded Arcade games and I understand that. But this is a brand new game, on DVD (not a download) and this is my main account.

Anybody that can help +rep. I know I could go to Bungie or some other Xbox only site but it's a zoo out there. I figured I would ask here first.

Thanks

<Update>

Well I finally got an answer from another forum. Turns out there is a setting for content creation in System->Family Settings (which I had checked) but there is also one about shared content under your gamertag->edit profile->privacy setting where by user you can either block\allow all\allow friends only shared content. The Bungie Favorites is not Bungie content as I first thought but other user contents so to see it you have to set your privacy profile to allow all to see those.

Dedicated Member
    Can anyone tell me about how big Halo 3 game save data is. I might be getting a core from a friend for cheap, and I really only plan to play Halo 3 on it, maybe Gears of War. Will the game save data fit on the 64 mb card? Also I plan on playing Xbox Live, so does that use any memory?
    PSN: GreatDane

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Need0fOne View Post
    I played through Halo 3 and wanted to take a look at the Bungie Favorites extra where there are picture stills and films, however I get a message that I don't have access privileges.

I have Xbox Live (actually played Halo 3 co-op, that was fun), I have no parental control set (I made sure all content is allowed), I have content creation allowed on the 360. So I'm a bit puzzled. My co-op buddy tried his and he could see the content fine.

The only thing I could think of is that my 360 is a refurbished one (when my 360 died they had me kept my HDD and sent me this older but fixed unit, been fine ever since). Now I know that my secondary accounts lost access to my previously downloaded Arcade games and I understand that. But this is a brand new game, on DVD (not a download) and this is my main account.

Anybody that can help +rep. I know I could go to Bungie or some other Xbox only site but it's a zoo out there. I figured I would ask here first.

Thanks

<Update>

Well I finally got an answer from another forum. Turns out there is a setting for content creation in System->Family Settings (which I had checked) but there is also one about shared content under your gamertag->edit profile->privacy setting where by user you can either block\allow all\allow friends only shared content. The Bungie Favorites is not Bungie content as I first thought but other user contents so to see it you have to set your privacy profile to allow all to see those.
    Sorry no one was able to answer your Q quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by icantwaitmuchlonger View Post
    Can anyone tell me about how big Halo 3 game save data is. I might be getting a core from a friend for cheap, and I really only plan to play Halo 3 on it, maybe Gears of War. Will the game save data fit on the 64 mb card? Also I plan on playing Xbox Live, so does that use any memory?
    Yeah the 64mb card would be enough for Live, Gears and Halo.
    But you wouldn't be able to download extra maps for gears.
    I'm pretty sure things like saving screenshots and videos in Halo 3 only uses about 1 mb per vid and 200kb per pic, since they are just running on the games engine.

Dedicated Member
    Do you have to pay for extra maps? If so, I probably wouldn't download them anyway.
    PSN: GreatDane

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by icantwaitmuchlonger View Post
    Do you have to pay for extra maps? If so, I probably wouldn't download them anyway.
    They used to cost points, but they've recently become free.

Snow_Spartan
    Hey ppl

i have a noobish question i might be now getting a Elite (those of you who saw in my previous post i said i was thinking about getting a full or premium system i have now changed my mind) anyway does the Elite come with like 1 month free xbox live ? or something similar as i heard the full system does

thanks

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_Spartan View Post
    Hey ppl

i have a noobish question i might be now getting a Elite (those of you who saw in my previous post i said i was thinking about getting a full or premium system i have now changed my mind) anyway does the Elite come with like 1 month free xbox live ? or something similar as i heard the full system does

thanks
    Yeah you get a month free when you first sign up to live on your new Xbox.
    Then I think 2 other accounts made on that system get 1 month as well.

Snow_Spartan
    sweet thanks alot for telling me Carsonal

(off topic: woo 20 posts! for me!)

one month of playing Halo 3 lol then i'll get the 12 month live

Thread Information