Veteran

Lens Cleaning Help

Can I use a CD cleaner spray to clean the lens? Or is it ok to use it but I have to use a cotton swab or something.

Thanks
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What system are you trying to clean? And definitely don't spray anything at your electronics. That will cause you more trouble than the original problem.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Umm.. Dreamcast. I really don't have any money so do you know any way to use home used products to clean the lens?
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Administrator
    Just use Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol on a Q-tip. That should work fine. Don't get the Q-tip so wet that it drips everywhere. Just get it damp, and maybe press some liquid off in the bottle. Let id dry and then test out your games.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    I fixed my friends PS2 useing the wipe he gets with his glasses, now it works fine and dandy, i used the technique regualy posted on the forum.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky
    Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
    I'm confused. Is that the Alcohol that you use when your bleeding and it hurts like crazy when you put it on?? If so then I'll try to get some.

Yes, that's the cleaning alcohol.

Dedicated Member

I have one of those CD lens cleaners that is a CD with the little brushes on it. My friend put alcohol on those brushes. It fixed his non working PS2 perfectly.
    "Knowledge is power"
    My Blog

Veteran
    Okay, thanks alot.

I'll try that after I find it.

And does that work for CDs also?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by knowitman
    My friend put alcohol on those brushes. It fixed his non working PS2 perfectly.
    You're not supposed to do that.

And does that work for CDs also?
    If you have access to the CD Player's lens...then yes.

Thread Information