Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Warhawk Patch and Stat Reset?

Who here if any? Thinks that Warhawk would benefit from a patch to stop stat padding and a overall stat reset?

The reason i'm asking is because i would bet the the stat padders are the ones that enable me and others to be ranks we should not be. I understand that rank means nothing.

But the fact of the matter is that when HOME comes i think it would be cool to show up friends in games with your stats and earnings.
    Mistsubishi 65'' DLP 1080P TV
    Onkyo 705 7.1 Receiver
    Cerwin Vega Towers,Center, Rears and Powered Sub
    PS3 60 GB sportin Linux, Xbox 360 Halo Edition, Nintendo Wii, PSP-3000, Nintendo DS.:gta:

Apprentice
    I agree 100%, I am one who has undeserved stats, I'm good just not a commander yet!

The game could definitely benefit from a patch.

Theft l Wanna add me on PSN/XBL? [CLICK!] l twitter.com/WonsAuto
    [reveal][/reveal]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    You know this is a very good question...but then again, I dont want my hard earned stats reset.

Apprentice

I think a stat reset would be a great idea.

I'm fed up of being a commander, can't get into some games now
    <333 Nicki Clyne

#Warhawk on Quakenet - Pop along for a chat

Owner of: PS3 (JP/Launch), PC(2 years old), 360 (1 year old), PS2 (PAL/Launch)

REFLEX
    OK - first things first...

Resetting the stats wouldn't fix anything. It would still do the same thing if you reset the stats. They have to release a patch to fix it, resetting the stats would effect nothing since its a problem in their code.

Secondly - the stat padding situation has nothing to do with high undeserved ranks.

I think they should patch the stats so they START working, but resetting them? Screw that... the medals, awards and ribbons are hard earned. Especially the Awards and Medals (there are Bandit, Master and Warhawk medals, like bronze, silver and gold for each achievement in the medals catagory) and I have a few Warhawk ones that took a lot of time and skill to get.... same with a lot of other things.

I know not everyone takes their stats seriously, but a lot of people do - and either way isn't wrong.

I just know for a fact that simple resetting them won't do anything. They can make a patch to fix it, and stop it in its place and then continue from there properly, which is what they should do.

Elite Member
    I'm guessing no one does research nowadays before posting something they think could work...
    I mean seriously, I am sure the devs of the game havent thought about this before.

For the lazy;
    Dear Warhawk players,
    Recently we have observed a bump in the number of "stats padding" games (games where players artificially pad their stats).
    Please be forewarned that this practice will not be tolerated and players engaging in such actions will be subject to the Sony EULA banning rules.
    We will wipe the offending player's stats and institute a 1 day ban. If the same behavior is again observed these players will be banned for much longer periods.
    Thank you for your continued cooperation and support.

Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Warhawk Monitor
    Now about the patch...
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=129949
    Its time once again for a new set of Incognito-Dev Servers for you guys to beat on!

We hare going to be hosting 3 servers tonight with a latest real-time. Two of them will show-up as Incognito-Dev1 and Incognito-Dev2...these are standard ranked-dedicated servers.

The third, is named Incognito-Dev3 and will not be displayed as an official blue SONY server. Why you might ask? Because if you look closely in your join game list, you will notice that it is a Ranked-Player server. Meaning that yes, some one is playing on the same ranked game they are hosting. This is a prototype and is NOT a commitment. But you guys did ask for it so we're giving it a whirl

These servers are also logging data for our engineers to analyze so please hammer the hell out of them. Again, we want as many connections/disconnections as possible so please play for awhile, then leave, then join again. Hop into another game, leave it, come back...you get the gist.

As usual, please post any info you have. Did you have problems? If so, what were the issues? Were you able to connect just fine? Etc.
    And lastly.. Do you guys just turn on Ps3, go straight to Warhawk and walk away from PS3 just hitting X button to get in game? If thats the case you may want to read the UPDATE LOG when you login. It specifically talks about a patch.

REFLEX
    Yeah...... they just did an update, and they are still working on patches. We know, or at least I do... dunno 'bout the rest of 'em.

Apprentice

As with any online game it'll continually evolve/be patched.

I should have been a little more specific, I want the ranks reset, not the stats.

I have 4100 points, I don't deserve to be a commander. End of story, that should be reset.

I know of players with 400 points who have higher/the same ranks! It's silly really.
    <333 Nicki Clyne

#Warhawk on Quakenet - Pop along for a chat

Owner of: PS3 (JP/Launch), PC(2 years old), 360 (1 year old), PS2 (PAL/Launch)

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    I played warhawk last night and it was the best experience I have had to date,was able to join every game no prob,then went up three ranks that night after two hours of play.not quite sure how since i'm not very good,but didn't mind the extra customizing options I got.As for a patch the only problem I have is how hard it is to outrun missles in warhawk sometimes,even through canyons and around buildings it seems I can't get away from them
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Oh, so i'm not losing my mind. Thought something was off when i got promoted to Commander when it said you needed 70,000 points and i only had around 2,000.

I don't want the stats reset, but like someone else said you should get the rank your supposed to be at right now. I don't need to have wasted 7 hours of playing.

Server patches would be nice. At the very least display how many people are in that server so i don't gotta wade threw the ones that are full but come up as 24/32, 37/32 etc. my average is around 5/1 for joining servers (for every 5 attempts, 1 connects)

off topic but is there a way to report people?

This game has nearly been ruined for me from team killers. i can't believe how many there are and how often it happens...on purpose. never seen anything like this in an online game before.

lol i got like 900 points and my rank is 2nd lieutenant

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    I'm with REFLEX on this game. It just stinks in its current state and it amazes me that it's taking them so long to fix these issues. I have a little over 2,000 points yet I'm a Commander. I certainly don't mind but I realize I've probably reached that point undeservedly (thanks to the glitch).

The worse problem in the game has to be the join game errors; no doubt about it. Today was the worse for me. I must have wasted about 20-25 minutes just trying to join a friggin game! Why the **** is this still happening? How can Halo 3 constantly have over 500,000 (per day) people enjoying themselves and not have any problems (for me at least), yet this game, which probably averages around 15-20,000 users (per day), have all these issues? And oh yeah, it's STILL happening one month in!

Master Poster
    If you go to your in depth stats... it should tell you what your real rank is. For instance, Im a commander but when I go to my in depth stats, it tells me that im a sergeant.

Super Elite

A patch i am happy with.

As for those who seem to feel the need to glitch and cheat and their way up the leader-boards/ranks and in the process take out all the fun and the reasons for paying good money to play the game, they are just cheating themselves.
    R.I.P PS3Forums, you were a becon of light on the sea of fanboys brand name wang rubbing.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by EncoreEncore View Post
    A patch i am happy with.

As for those who seem to feel the need to glitch and cheat and their way up the leader-boards/ranks and in the process take out all the fun and the reasons for paying good money to play the game, they are just cheating themselves.
    You have no idea how correct you are.

Elite Member
    I would love a reset.. I mean somehow it moved me 4 ranks on the first day of launch in less than 1H of playing.. This made sure that I could not participate on the learning (noob) games ohh and could they PLEEEEEEEEEEASE ad some more communication to this game like friends list..chat i the lobby (txt is fine) and radio channels in game for speech?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by REFLEX View Post
    OK - first things first...

Resetting the stats wouldn't fix anything. It would still do the same thing if you reset the stats. They have to release a patch to fix it, resetting the stats would effect nothing since its a problem in their code.

Secondly - the stat padding situation has nothing to do with high undeserved ranks.

I think they should patch the stats so they START working, but resetting them? Screw that... the medals, awards and ribbons are hard earned. Especially the Awards and Medals (there are Bandit, Master and Warhawk medals, like bronze, silver and gold for each achievement in the medals catagory) and I have a few Warhawk ones that took a lot of time and skill to get.... same with a lot of other things.

I know not everyone takes their stats seriously, but a lot of people do - and either way isn't wrong.

I just know for a fact that simple resetting them won't do anything. They can make a patch to fix it, and stop it in its place and then continue from there properly, which is what they should do.
    Great post I agree with you here 100%. A whole reset would piss so many players off and as you said it wouldn't fix anything. The patch to get them working right is exactly what they need. +Rep

REFLEX
    Yeah, resetting would only start the whole thing over again, the ranking would be still just as ruined and broken. They need to release a patch that you download and install - to actually alter the code in the game, not just update some stuff on their servers.

BabeBro
    I was going to buy it this Friday but decided to wait till the end of October. By then most of the issues would be fixed.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BabeBro View Post
    I was going to buy it this Friday but decided to wait till the end of October. By then most of the issues would be fixed.
    You're wasting a lot of good Warhawk gaming hours by playing the waiting game. The ONLY problem Warhawk has that in anyway hampers your enjoyment of it is the whole waiting to get onto ranked servers thing. But even that isn't really such a big deal, on average I would say you never have to wait longer than 10 mins to get into a game and a lot of the time you can get in under 5 mins of trying. Since once you're in a game you tend to play for a few hours (at least I do) thats not really such a bad ratio. The whole stats thing - ok some people take it seriously but it doesn't actually stop you playing the game. The only reason I like it is that you get funky new colour schemes for your Warhawk and cool outfits for your guy.

ajrobin
    I will stop playing Warhawk altogether if they wipe the stats. Patches to fix problems are fine, I'd prefer to be the rank I've earned.

REFLEX
    I don't know for sure if they can release a patch that makes you keep the rank you deserve (you keep your points and medals and awards/ribbons but you get demoted to what you SHOULD be based off that stuff)......

But I know they can release a patch to fix it, but I don't know if they can keep your deserved rank or not.

Apprentice
    Thats what i'm sayin Flex, i think we should be demoted, and padders should be banned. Also the ones who are making the rooms should be banned also. A patch would be nice also.
    Mistsubishi 65'' DLP 1080P TV
    Onkyo 705 7.1 Receiver
    Cerwin Vega Towers,Center, Rears and Powered Sub
    PS3 60 GB sportin Linux, Xbox 360 Halo Edition, Nintendo Wii, PSP-3000, Nintendo DS.:gta:

ajrobin
    I was saying that I want my true rank not some over inflated code error induced rank.

Thread Information