Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Elite Member
    Metal_Gear_Solid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,684
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    288 (0 Banked)

    im afraid of this, and its pissing me off.

    most of the 360 AAA title have recieved 9.6 or above 9. these reviewers are scaring me now, since they have been giving the 360 the best scores. what if they gave MGS4 a 8.5 and KZ2 a 8.0 . they might say that mgs4 is the same old with high def graphics and the gameplay is the same, and etc.
    they might say that kz2 non-HUD is not impressive and say its annoying.
    they gave lair a 4 and HS a 7.5 for not have long playablity and controls.
    giving halo3 a 9.5 and gears a 9.6. even though its only 9-12 hrs of gameplay, they are subtracting points for not have online or MP. for UC they will give it an 8 or 8.5, they are really pissing me off here, they gave folksoul a 7.

    give your opinion on what scores these reviewers will give to these games.
    here my guess and my score
    MGS4- 8.9 -my score-10
    haze- 8.6 ------------10
    UC- 8.5 -----------9.5
    kz2 - 8.8 ----------12/10
    etc
    I had cheated on my ps3 and slept with the 360.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    245 (0 Banked)
    Uh oh. Fanboy alert. You're scoring games before they've been released.

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Cellborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    I have to say this!



    "Life is a $#@!!"

    No skill... no kill!

    [reveal] [/reveal]

  4. #4
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,971
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thread Closed.

    ^^^ (I wish I could do that.)

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    pizzanerd5643's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    I think its a definite possibility. No way did heavenly sword deserve 7.5. It was at least as long as gears and no body complained about that.

  6. #6
    Apprentice
    BruceWayneIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzanerd5643 View Post
    I think its a definite possibility. No way did heavenly sword deserve 7.5. It was at least as long as gears and no body complained about that.
    They did complain about it, but it didn't really affect the score very much.

  7. #7
    Elite Guru
    SnakeDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    5,089
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    715 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Gear_Solid View Post
    give your opinion on what scores these reviewers will give to these games.
    here my guess and my score
    MGS4- 8.9 -my score-10
    haze- 8.6 ------------10
    UC- 8.5 -----------9.5
    kz2 - 8.8 ----------12/10
    etc

    You're on lucky person to have played and completed all these games....oh wait...

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    well it's no secret microsoft likes to throw it's money around.

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    Metal_Gear_Solid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,684
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    288 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Thread Closed.

    ^^^ (I wish I could do that.)
    just my opinion guys, since no one has a good thread up.
    i think they are going hard on sony on everything, and easy on the 360.
    bioshock deserved a 10, halo3 didnt and also gears. gamespot has bioshock as a 9 flat.

    thats my opinion guys, only my opinion, not a fact.
    I had cheated on my ps3 and slept with the 360.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Dedicated Member
    ToAks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,275
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    277 (0 Banked)
    i found HS to be incredible short but **** good fun and that last level was far better than expected.

    i gotta say that IGN has some stuff to prove eventually as right now they look like theyre beeing paid to do what they do.

    We all know what will be the XBOX<->PS3 situation late next year, but what we don't know is if IGN will keep the **** up or that they will finally give credit where it belongs.
    http://toaks.webhop.net/ <-- over 2000 games in my collection online.

  11. #11
    Sublimely Static
    Staticneuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vekta
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,995
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    17,483 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Gear_Solid View Post
    most of the 360 AAA title have recieved 9.6 or above 9. these reviewers are scaring me now, since they have been giving the 360 the best scores. what if they gave MGS4 a 8.5 and KZ2 a 8.0 . they might say that mgs4 is the same old with high def graphics and the gameplay is the same, and etc.
    they might say that kz2 non-HUD is not impressive and say its annoying.
    they gave lair a 4 and HS a 7.5 for not have long playablity and controls.
    giving halo3 a 9.5 and gears a 9.6. even though its only 9-12 hrs of gameplay, they are subtracting points for not have online or MP. for UC they will give it an 8 or 8.5, they are really pissing me off here, they gave folksoul a 7.

    give your opinion on what scores these reviewers will give to these games.
    here my guess and my score
    MGS4- 8.9 -my score-10
    haze- 8.6 ------------10
    UC- 8.5 -----------9.5
    kz2 - 8.8 ----------12/10
    etc
    Ok, you are jumping the gun here. I somewhat understand because you feel that the bad reviews will turn away potential buyers. I feel otherwise. If a PS3 gamers enjoy their games and introduce their friends to these games then the hands on experience will out weigh any review. It will be harmful to some of these sites if they rate a game lower than what it deserves because when people play the games and start to disagree with multiple reviews then trust between the reader and the site is killed.

    I expect to see alot of backpeddling and pulling foots out of mouths comming up soon. I am going to be less forgiving though because of all the crap that went on when the PS2 was released.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Evolved423's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    If Killzone or MGS4 get below 9.0 I'll call BS. Both those games are shaping up to be AAA titles. Even if they don't, the reviewers can kiss my @$$ cuz I'll be enjoying both those games in all their hi-def "picture AND sound" glory.

    They will both show the world what the ps3 is capable of. Even some Xbox fanboys are drooling like dogs over these games.

  13. #13
    Forum Sage
    Svetlana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,587
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    8,654 (0 Banked)
    Seriously...who cares? All that matters is that a review is thorough and honestly describes the working and failing components of a game. Numbers should be irrelevant.

    Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Infraction for ssj_jaypee: Flamebaiting
    By Naxi in forum Trash Can
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 16:55
  2. Controller Problems(USB Charging). Please help.
    By dogfish1983 in forum PlayStation 3
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 03:19
  3. Sony Dropping Blu-ray to $300??
    By dawg33 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 06:00
  4. Official Canada Location Tally.
    By iLLuSionS in forum PlayStation 3
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 04:43
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 17:22

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.