Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Nope. You have to buy the hard drive to play Xbox games on the 360 core. Without an HDD, you can't play Xbox games.
    Ahh, thought you did. Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

Apprentice
    I'll definitely try pick up a 40GB PS3 this Christmas. Might have to save some money from my birthday (10/21) and use it in combination with Christmas money. That should definitely be enough.
    WRONG: "Couldn't of been."

RIGHT: "Couldn't have been."

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nut_Man View Post
    I dont think the No BC 40gb wouldnt be an issue if Sony left a ps3 model out there that has 100% BC. Once the 60gb is gone, thats it. Consumers dont even have a choice for full BC.
    FUD
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You guys dont get it, you wont have a choice once stocks are depleated of the other models.

They arent going to treat America any different to the other territotries, once stocks are gone, the 40gb model is all your gonna get. I'd bet my house on it.
    FUD
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Heres the point, Sony stopped making the 60gb PAL after the intial 2 million shipment.
    Hence they only make the 40gb model now.
    Also, Sony stopped making the 60gb NTSC version sometime early 07 (like feb).
    The have proabably already stopped making the 80gb version as well.
    My bet is you will only see 40gb models from now on.

Its all about cutting costs where ever you can.

And the end result is your going to see the end of BC. Full stop.
    But rejoice your PS3 will cost you $399.
    And even more FUD

You don't know & we don't know, so stop turning a positive into a negative & spreading FUD

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

like.no.other
    What's the point? The point is, it's cheaper, and that's what people want. They don't care about BC, they don't really care about having huge hard drives either, which can be upgraded anyway. The 40GB model was not introduced to satisfy early adopters and gadget-freaks, it was introduced for the mass-market gamer.
    Phat boy gone slim!

Yip-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    What's the point? The point is, it's cheaper, and that's what people want. They don't care about BC, they don't really care about having huge hard drives either, which can be upgraded anyway. The 40GB model was not introduced to satisfy early adopters and gadget-freaks, it was introduced for the mass-market gamer.

Well said, could not have said it better myself !

Elite Member
    i think the wii has shown people are less interested in feature and more interested in price. the devs wouldnt not be complaining about costs if the ps3 was #1 in the market.
    Sig by The House
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Electronic Warrior
    How would Sony not have an option for a backwards compatible machine when they have the 80gig? At least for the States it'll be there... But what about the rest of the world? Aren't they getting rid of the 60 gig? I remember seeing that they wouldn't have the 80 going to the EU. Oh well....

What would you rather have to pay for though; an expensive PS3 with features you already have on the PS2 sitting in your house, or cheaper PS3 that doesn't do what your PS2 already does? Sony did their research, and there is a good reason they got rid of backwards compatibility. With 100 million+ PS2s around, it's not like it's hard to find one, and with the games ramping up on the PS3 this year and next, it's not like people will be hurting as badly for games as they were this last year. For myself though, the lack of games is still apparent. At least, it will be until they start cranking out some sweet next gen RPGs for me to rock out on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Master Guru
    Firmly attached to Ayane's boobies WAHAHAHAHAHA!
    PSN ID
    ShinMaruku
    Japan still has the 20 gig and the 60gig so obviously these jerks are on to something in their heads.

Nut_Man
    You don't know & we don't know, so stop turning a positive into a negative & spreading FUD
    What do we not know? We KNOW that the 60gb will be gone which means no more full bc like I said. We can ASSUME that the 40gb will come to america and I doubt it would change at all. So what exactly did I say was wrong? If the 40gb comes here as expected we will see the end of full BC and that means consumers dont get a choice. if they kept the 60gb as it is for $500 and sold the 40gb for $400 then people would have CHOICE to pay extra for more features(including the 100% bc found in the 60gb).

Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nut_Man View Post
    What do we not know? We KNOW that the 60gb will be gone which means no more full bc like I said. We can ASSUME that the 40gb will come to america and I doubt it would change at all. So what exactly did I say was wrong? If the 40gb comes here as expected we will see the end of full BC and that means consumers dont get a choice. if they kept the 60gb as it is for $500 and sold the 40gb for $400 then people would have CHOICE to pay extra for more features(including the 100% bc found in the 60gb).
    You'll come to terms as I have nut.

Sony are going to stop (yes stop!) making PS2 games soon (in 2008 is what soon means) have a look Sony has the devs moving on to the PS3 (because the PS2 is its biggest opponent right now) once this all goes down BC will be of no use as Sony have been telling us, they want us to move on "play beyond" play next gen and all that other stuff.

What are you really losing with the 40Gb? PS2 games (last gen)? SACD (lol that was a flop anyway).

I'm upset because I wanted the option, I won't let it die but I might as well let it go here, Sony are in a jam and I know in here fans will not like to hear such a thing being said however this 40Gb sku is a true sign of that, they are a business they need to make money, they need Blu-ray to succeed. They couldn't just drop the price of the 60Gb's, they needed to release another sku with less features to cover their asses. The 40Gb will do well, not as well as Sony believed @ E3 (2005 & 2006) but it will always be synonymous with gaming.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Dedicated Member
    Is that true? There are not going to be a sd slots.

Super Elite
    Most people that buy the Xbox 360 don't really care to have the BC. I like to have it but on average most people won't worry about it, they would prefer the lower price.
    Currently Playing: LittleBigPlanet.... support creativity, get LBP!

Apprentice

i used a ps1 game for like 30 seconds, and thats all i used for backwords compatability

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    i used a ps1 game for like 30 seconds, and thats all i used for backwords compatability
    My point exactly, the average user won't be bothered too much by it as longs as there are some good games specifically for that system.
    Currently Playing: LittleBigPlanet.... support creativity, get LBP!

Thread Information