Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

PSP Ad-hoc problems

When im playing a buddy of mine through AD-HOC in hot shots golf, it always tends to disconnect, i had him check his psp and the backside where the memory card goes on mine is warm and his is cool, i was wondering if that could be the problem and if anyone has experienced this before. any input on how i can get this resolved would be fine, im thinking about sending back to manufacturer as a defect but they might charge me for repairs or what not.

Apprentice

what is ad-hoc do you need a cable to connect to something

Apprentice

no adhoc is local wireless connection, you dont need a cable or a wireless router, it just allows you to connect multiple psps or other devices together.

Master Sage
    are you guys staying withing the distance, and yours might be hot because of hosting. mine tends to get warm when surfing online but cools down and not that high. my idea would try getting closer or plug in the power cords for a stronger signal.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Apprentice

we are within 30 feet both are plugged in im thinking its interference but we even changed the channel to channel 1 and it still drops, here is another thing, when we do match play it works fine its only on the tourny

Master Sage
    hmm thats odd, are you guys using gamesharing to play or both using the game disc or are you pulling the load in this one start up in this one trick? mabe its just the game if you can try another game in that and see if it works well. it could just be interfernce anything could cause that.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Apprentice

we both have the game disc, yah thats what im thinking ive never tried tourny in close range because we both are at work. O well maybe its distance because both of us are in play at the same time and we are close to the limit for distance on our connection. o well

Dedicated Member

Umm, maybe his connection isn't working, the back of the PSP gets warm when playing infrastructure and anything to do with it's wireless etc... Maybe his isn't working right if it's cool.

Master Sage
    Umm, maybe his connection isn't working, the back of the PSP gets warm when playing infrastructure and anything to do with it's wireless etc... Maybe his isn't working right if it's cool.
    yea mabe its shutting down, like giving up after trying too hard, or somehing good thinking street racer.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier one
    yea mabe its shutting down, like giving up after trying too hard, or somehing good thinking street racer.
    That would be a shame since that could be considered a major design flaw by Sony if PSP's can't handle playing games wirelessly.
    ~ Michael Jordan #23 ~

Master Sage
    That would be a shame since that could be considered a major design flaw by Sony if PSP's can't handle playing games wirelessly.
    no i meant that one psp, it could have flaw not psp it self mine does well.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by soldier one
    no i meant that one psp, it could have flaw not psp it self mine does well.
    Yeah mine works well, it's my wireless that's bad and keeps on disconnecting it lol... Anyway if the PSP couldn't play games wirelessly there wouldn't be thousands of people on Somcom Fireteam bravo like all the time.

Apprentice

what is teh farthest you can be away from another psp on ad-hoc

Dedicated Member

I don't know, it varies whether there are walls, or other objects in between, im guessing usually about 100 feet give or take.

Forum Elder
    Can you play against other people in infrastructure?, and is there something wrong with my psp if, when the Ad Hoc is set to automatic that it doesnt work?
    EssEmmSee

Selling 20gig PS3 Icon.

Apprentice

No it should work both psp's wifi should be turned on and both set to automatic, range is pretty good, i personally like setting on a particular channel so there's less interference but i guess that didnt go to well for hot shots lol.

Forum Elder
    lol, do both people have to be on automatic then? Or can one be on automatic and one on, say, channel 1
    EssEmmSee

Selling 20gig PS3 Icon.

Apprentice

doesnt matter, but if you set it on a specific channel, the other person can either set the same channel or on automatic.

Forum Elder
    mine has a problem then, i'll get it looked at. Anyone elses have the same problem?
    EssEmmSee

Selling 20gig PS3 Icon.

curryking1

[LIVE]Beyond the Game: Burnout Paradise Giveaway

Welcome to PlayStation Universe’s first edition of Beyond the Game. This inaugural feature will look beyond the gameplay of Burnout Paradise and into the soundtrack itself. A year ago, EA partnered with Nettwork One to form a new record label entitled Artwerk. It is through this label that I am being given the opportunity to discuss music and gaming with bands like From First to Last, Chromeo and today’s featured group Jupiter One. So without much else to say, let’s jump out of this world and into the atmosphere that is Jupiter One.

Are you a fan of the 1960s TV show, Lost in Space? If so, you’re going to recognize the name Jupiter One as the failed starship from said TV show. The band, which was formed in 2003, started off as just your run-of-the-mill instrumental group but quickly changed direction when their keyboardist Zac Colwell found out that their lead guitarist Kaoru Ishibashi could sing. It was from this moment that Jupiter One would take that step forward to begin producing their infectious sound for listeners worldwide to appreciate.

The road to success is a long one within the music industry and is usually filled with influences both past and present. I had the chance to discuss this with Ishibashi to find out which bands influenced the sound of Jupiter One the most.

“We always liked the Beatles and other old bands which survived like David Bowie and Pink Floyd. We kind of started off when instrumentalism was strong, like the late 90s,” states Ishibashi. “It took us awhile to really look deep and figure out what we wanted to do. Therefore a lot of our inspiration really comes from way back. Like we’re into The Police and we’re also always checking out present contemporary bands as well.”

If you’ve ever listened to any tracks from Jupiter One, you’re able to hear the influences some of these bands have had on the group. A lot of their music seems to be a nice mixture of these influences combined with the ability to lay down some nice instrumentals alongside it. However, I was curious with how Ishibashi defines the band in terms of genre. From listening to their album, it’s hard to truly define them to one or two sections within the industry.

“Well, I guess we’re kind of in a strange place because our songs are very accessible to all kinds of people. This can be contributed to the fact we are kind of poppy. However, we really don’t know of any other bands that really sound like us because we have a lot of new wave elements.” Ishibashi admits, “…we’re definitely a lot of rock ‘n’ roll but the synthesizer has kind of put us in this “New wave of the 80s” sound which isn’t really intentional on our part. We’re just really not afraid to bust our keyboards out to create a funky sound. That’s probably why our shows are always filled with people dancing and just having a good time.”

As many of you have probably already softly said in your heads, “EA is at it again.” While this may be true, EA has definitely given Jupiter One a valley of fresh air to breathe in with maximum exposure and the chance to have their sound heard. Obviously with a major company supporting your music like Electronic Arts, you’re going to be able to go places you never really dreamed of. This brought out my curiosity as well as I just had to know what being produced by EA in a sense has done for their careers.

“EA has really helped open up our music to a lot of fans that perhaps didn’t always recognize us by name. Like a bouncer at a club we’re playing at may say, ‘I know that song.’ probably because he plays video games and has heard us through that medium. EA has definitely brought us a universal exposure. Whether our fans our hardcore or not, there are definitely millions of people out there who’ve heard our music and that’s something we’re really grateful for.”

Admittedly, Ishibashi says he is a video game nut but he hasn’t had the chance to sit down and enjoy Burnout Paradise himself. He attributes this tragedy to the fact that he has an addictive personality and it may take away from his music. Ishibashi feels it could lead to him just playing video games all day long. I’m sure most of us here can relate to that happening.

“Burnout Paradise has truly opened a lot of doors for us though. We find out that when we’re playing smaller venues that people are more excited because of the fact that they’ve heard us through their games. It definitely allows us to approach new venues, opportunities and to get in touch with other bands as well.

Unfortunately readers, Ishibashi did go on record saying that he feels the Wii is pretty cool and probably would be his console of choice. Despite that, he mentions that the entire band is really big on Guitar Hero regardless of the fact that they get schooled by anybody remotely decent at the title. Obviously that’s a tad embarrassing, but it happens.

I’d like to personally thank Kaoru Ishibashi for his time and Artwerk for this partnering opportunity. For many of you, Burnout Paradise is the first time that you’ve heard Jupiter One. The blockbuster hit from Criterion, paved the way for Fire Away to hit the mainstream gaming world and etch itself into the minds of thousands. If I’m being honest, Fire Away hooked me on their unique sound and led me on the way to discovering other amazing melodious tracks such as my personal favorite, Unglued.

Finally, we’ve gotten to the part you’ve all probably been waiting for, the giveaway. Thanks to EA, Criterion, Artwerk and Jupiter One, PlayStation Universe is proud to be able to give away not only 2 copies of Burnout Paradise, but we’ll be bundling a Jupiter One album with each game. This way, not only will you be able to play one of the hottest titles for the PlayStation 3, but you’ll be able to check out the music behind it as well.

In order to enter, just leave a comment below. It's as easy as that. I'll be utilizing a random number generator in order to find out which one of you lucky readers will win the prize. For the Europeans out there, don't worry. We'll be doing a similar giveaway for you guys featuring the upcoming title FIFA 09. This contest is exclusive to North America only. Contest will end on Monday, September 1 at 9 PM EST.

curryking1

Re: [READY]Beyond the Game: Burnout Paradise Giveaway

This is ready to go live finally, just in time for the end of the month.

BustenRhymes7790

Re: [LIVE]Beyond the Game: Burnout Paradise Giveaway

Fixed spacing (text scrunching) and turned off pagination, about to go through and see if the text needs any edits.

BustenRhymes7790

Is it supposed to be "Nettwork One" or is that a typo?

BustenRhymes7790

Anyway, I made A LOT of edits. I'm gonna be brutally honest here: this was written in the usual 'weird' Dave tone with a lot of strange sentence structure, grammar errors, and extraneous language. Dave, your stuff isn't too hard to edit, but anything larger than a news piece (which I trust you to double-check) shouldn't go live unless Mike, Bhav or myself edits it. I think Seb edited this one... . You might want to leave that to us Seb (no offense).

curryking1

To be brutally honest:

Outside of grammar errors, which you're free to point out, I'm not changing my writing style whatsoever. Whether you like that or not, that's too bad. You can ***** and moan about "strange sentence structure" that is still correct, stylistic errors that are still correct, and extraneous language that is still correct all you'd like. That's not going to change. I'm going to continue to write the way I write.

If you want to put in the extra work to make my style match your style, that's your choice and decision. So long as the actual grammar errors themselves are limited and few, I'm not going to stress over my style.

Thread Information