Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    BustenRhymes7790

Re: [LIVE]Beyond the Game: Burnout Paradise Giveaway

Over, right?

curryking1

I've already announced it was over. I'll have winners up tonight.

BustenRhymes7790

Ah, I see. I've edited the update because I'm a jerk like that .

ad hoc disconnect

I am constantly experiencing ad hoc disconnects on VS mode in Gran Turismo for PSP. After reading what I have, I am leaning to the conclusion there is a problem with the PSP. My friend and I have had our race disconnect mid race and during pre-race load. We have swapped hosting with no change. We even went so far as to place both PSP's side by side on the table while it is loading the race and still disconnect.. All of the disconnects have happened while we have been sitting with in 5 Ft from each other and that is an exaggeration. 99% of the time we are elbow to elbow on the couch. We have also had disconnects with the Game Untold legends both the 1st and sequel. This is EXTREMELY DISSATISFYING! The game Gran Turismo content and AI are a whole other set of issues but when the one part that should be worthwhile having it (Playing a Human) doesnt work, and I mean 1 completed race out 5-6 is pathetic.. I'm hardly interested in having playstation look at my PSP as to find out the cost of it, considering the arm+leg it cost to fix a PS3 when I know its a rip off. Multiple friends have had issues with theirs and have to pay $200+ to fix a problem I KNOW in which some of the more simple components dont cost this much. Some cases yes. But a Flat rate better off buying another console is rediculous. I'm discusted thinking about this but wonder how many out there are on the same page.......

Dedicated Member
    It's a problem with the psp,probably the wifi board,but it could just be the switch,it's replaceable either way,u're best bet is to get just like a check up,at a local repair shop,because unless you're really good with minute electronics and soldering,it's better to pay,shouldn't be too costly.There are plenty of guides online,if u wanna do it yourself.
    EDIT : OOPS!I didn't know i was bumping,lol

Quote Originally Posted by PS3-The Ultimate Machine View Post
    It's a problem with the psp,probably the wifi board,but it could just be the switch,it's replaceable either way,u're best bet is to get just like a check up,at a local repair shop,because unless you're really good with minute electronics and soldering,it's better to pay,shouldn't be too costly.There are plenty of guides online,if u wanna do it yourself.
    EDIT : OOPS!I didn't know i was bumping,lol
    I appreciate the tip, I don't think that adds up for my situation. The switch effectively turns on & off on demand without fail, and the problem has stretched to nearly new status. The untold legends was my first game and then friends PSP was also nearly new. The problem seems "moody" like it works when it wants to and only in game. Its my understanding the same wifi system supports internet function and a problem with the wifi board would funnel to both ad hoc gaming and wifi internet. Considering the internet too works without fail then I'm still leaning to design FLAW.
    I have considered the possibility of local wifi interference since there are a few wifi signals. However, I'm sure the smart choice here is to set both PSP's to automatic channel selection so they find the optimal channel. Or did I find the FLAW?

Thread Information