EastAsiaSoft today announced Soldner-X: Himmelsstürmer for PlayStation 3 and PC, with the PS3 version available only via the PS Network.
The game is currently scheduled for a late 2007 or early 2008 release.
Set in the future, Soldner-X is an innovative shooter with state-of-the-art graphics, brilliant soundtrack and fun gameplay. In the storyline, planet Earth aims to stop a deadly infection consuming both life forms and technology. Their only hope is an odd pair of a mercenary and a bounty hunter both who must pilot a star fighter to the origin of the virus, and save civilization.
* 12 stages of beautiful parallax graphics and animations, staged across 4 fantastic world/space settings
* High definition graphics in 720p (16:9)
* Beautiful weather effects (such as rain, fog and lightning)
* Classic design, yet state-of-the-art shooter technology
* Unique upgrade weapon system with five standard weapon types
* Never before seen tactical elements such as chaining, effectiveness system, 'berserker' mode and much more
* Plenty of hidden bonus features
* More than 20 extras (with both positive and negative effects!)
* Addictive collection quests
* Over-the-top boss fights
* Features a superb soundtrack and sound effects
* Bi-lingual story mode (English/Japanese)
* Six modes of difficulty: very easy, easy, normal, hard, impossible, nightmare
* Easy to learn, yet tough to master
* Online high score ranking
* Constant frame rate (60fps)