Jr. Product Manager of DICE, Tommy Rydiing, today confirmed via the PS Blog, that the Battlefield 3 Beta is now (Friday, September 29) open to all PlayStation Network users.
You can log into the PSN right now and go download your BF3 Beta to participate in some serious online explosive action in the Operation Metro map.
DICE also offered the Top 10 Battlefield Tips for Operation Metro:
1. Stick to your teammates, and remember to spawn on them to stay close to the fight.
2. Use your kit specific abilities to help your team mates. Assault can hand out med kits, Engineers can repair vehicles, and Support can hand out ammo.
3. When you arm an M-COM station, defend it to ensure it’s destroyed.
4. The bombed-out tunnel section in Operation Metro is an excellent place to use a flashlight as one of your weapon attachments. Use it to light the tunnels up – and to blind your enemies!
5. Attach bipods to your weapon and deploy it automatically by pushing up against cover or laying prone and zooming in – this gives you a huge increase in accuracy and stability.
6. Use suppressive fire (shoot close to enemies behind cover) to negatively impact the enemy’s fighting capabilities.
7. Watch out for falling debris — it can hurt you! But you can also hurt your enemies by taking out buildings with the Engineer’s RPG.
8. Shotguns are excellent for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) in the tighter tunnels sections.
9. Fire automatic weapons in short bursts for accuracy, or switch to single-fire mode if applicable.
10. To grab your enemy’s dog tag as a souvenir, perform a stealth knife kill from behind.
DICE assures us that the version of BF3 that we play in the Beta will not be final, as we'll have to wait 'till October for that.