The latest NPD data has confirmed that Darksiders II topped the U.S. software charts for August 2012, shifting 247,000 copies across PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Last month proved pretty successful for Nintendo 3DS, with two exclusives in the top five in the form of New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance in second and third place, respectively.
Sleeping Dogs managed sixth place, though failed to replicate the success it has enjoyed across the pond, where it managed to top the U.K. All Format Charts upon release.
In terms of hardware, Xbox 360 took the crown for the best-selling home console for its 20th consecutive month with 193,000 units sold. PS3 figures were not divulged, though it has been confirmed Sony’s flagship console moved more units in August that it did the previous month.
See below for the full software Top Ten.
1. Darksiders II (360, PS3, PC)
2. New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
3. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
4. NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)
5. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
6. Sleeping Dogs (360, PS3)
7. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (360, PS3)
8. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)
10. The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, Wii)