Jack-of-all-trades actioner Saints Row IV has rocketed to the summit of the U.K. All Format Charts following its launch last week.
The Deep Silver-published sequel – the company’s first since acquiring the rights to the Saints Row franchise from THQ – bagged the fourth biggest game launch in the U.K. so far this year, behind Tomb Raider, BioShock: Infinite and The Last of Us.
Despite putting in a solid chart performance however, the Saints’ latest outing didn’t quite match sales of its predecessor, Saints Row: The Third, back in 2011.
Elsewhere, stealth-action sequel Splinter Cell: Black List sneaks into second place, followed by Disney Infinity in third. Rounding out the Top 5 is Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Check out the full line-up below.
- - - - - -
1. Saints Row IV – Koch Media
2 Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Ubisoft
3. Disney Infinity – Disney Interactive Studios
4. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – Microsoft
5. Call Of Duty: Black Ops II – Activision Blizzard
6. FIFA 13 – Electronic Arts
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Nintendo
8. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – Warner Bros. Interactive
9. The Last Of Us – Sony Computer Ent.
10.The Bureau: XCOM Declassified – Take 2
11.Assassin’s Creed III – Ubisoft
12.Max Payne 3 – Take 2
13.Lego The Lord Of The Rings – Warner Bros. Interactive
14.Far Cry 3 – Ubisoft
15.Tomb Raider – Square Enix Europe
16.Skylanders Giants – Activision Blizzard
17.Grand Theft Auto IV – Take 2
18.Payday 2 – 505 Games
19.The Smurfs 2 – Ubisoft
20.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary – Bethesda Softworks