On the official Battlelog forum, DICE has confirmed that a new update for the PlayStation 4 version of Battlefield 4 has gone live and is said to improve stability and fix numerous bugs and issues found within the game.
The shooter has come under severe scrutiny for the amount of issues people have had with the title since its release in October, and DICE has since confirmed that all other projects are on hold until BF4 is improved.
The update fixes the following:
- Various fixes for improving general stability.
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rouge Transmission and Operation Locker .
- Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam.
- Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before.
- Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera.
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt).
- EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn’t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese.
- Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0.
- Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done.
The update is live now and will require restarting the game if you're already in a session. If not, the PS4 should automatically download it.