During E3 2014, we reported that Destiny would be receiving exclusive content for the PS4 and PS3. Today, Sony Computer Entertainment and Bungie have unravelled all the extra goodies we can expect, including exclusive game modes, multiplayer maps and extra gear.
Both PS4 and PS3 owners will gain access to the Dust Palace Strike, a three-player co-op session based on Mars. “You’ll track a Cabal extraction team through the husks of an ancient human skyscraper, the Dust Palace, buried in the shifting dunes of Mars and face a new enemy, the Psion Flayers,” reveals Bungie via the official PlayStation blog.
In addition, we can look forward to Exodus Blue, a multiplayer map for the Crucible designed for Control and Skirmish modes. “The Exodus Blue, a long-dead vessel, once brought hope and humanity to worlds beyond Earth. Here, Guardians challenge one another, forging a new hope and future in the fires of the Crucible,” writes Bungie.
Check out the other content, exclusive to PS4 and PS3 gamers.
• For the Warlock class, Manifold Seeker armor which was built to help Warlocks survive the secret realms of the Vex.
• For the Titan class, Vanir, a battle-tested armor set forged to protect Titans against the heavy firepower of the Cabal.
• For the Hunter class, Argus, a durable all-environment wire-weave for those out to scout the frontier.
• The Monte Carlo, an exotic assault rifle, is a handcrafted showpiece with a sleek look that masks the cruel reality of its function – the efficient elegant delivery of war against any who would tarnish its legacy. Upgrades increase the weapon’s “hip fire” effectiveness and boost melee cool down, providing a firm grounding for close range domination.
• The Hawkmoon, an exotic hand cannon, is a true gunslinger’s weapon – a smooth sidearm that makes every bullet count with intricate “hawk feather” etchings carved into the weapon’s silvered barrel. Damage boosts increase the weapon’s combat effectiveness, making it a formidable weapon.
A hull lined with arcane instruments, crafted by a circle of Warlocks – gifting the ship with a preternatural sense for the strange.
A deep-strike insertion variant, built to carry Guardians safely through contested space. Carries hardpoints once used to hold Suros TL-SEAD anti-radiation missiles.
A rugged, versatile explorer for those ready to gamble everything in search of ancient secrets and alien power.
For more information on the exclusive content, check out the official PlayStation blog.