A Reddit user has discovered that the PS4 Dualshock 4 controller can be used wirelessly on PS3 by following a few simple steps.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
2. Go to Accessory settings.
3. Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and scan for device.
4. While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
5. Select Wireless Controller. The DS4 light should now be white.
6. Unplug wire and test it out.
Note: The DualShock 4 isn’t fully supported on PS3 so features such as vibrate, Six Axis and PS Button will not function.