PlayStation Universe

Resident Evil 7 creators are 'blown away' by reception to the demo

Resident Evil: Beginning Hour has captivated gamers since its launch last week, and this hasn't gone unnoticed by Capcom.

  • submit to reddit

on 24 June 2016

Capcom’s Koushi Nakanishi and Masachika Kawata have revealed they’ve been ‘blown away’ by the reception to Resident Evil 7’s PlayStation Store-exclusive teaser, Beginning Hour.

Speaking during a chinwag with Gamereactor EU, the pair discussed the philosophy behind the upcoming survival horror sequel, as well as reiterating that the demo is not fully representative of the final product.

Producer Kawata-san said that feedback on the demo has been “really spectacular,” and that fans have “blown away our expectations.” 

Elsewhere, Nakanishi, who is directing the project, said that he’s "seen people looking at the teaser demo and thinking that that represents the entirety of the gameplay experience, of the full game, and it's not, it's an upfront feeling of how the horror taste of the game is going to be but the final game is going to have more of the key elements of classic Resident Evil in there as well, so this is just a teaser and a taste of the tone of the game.

Resident Evil hitting PS4 in early 2017 with series' first ever Western writer

Resident Evil 7 was announced during Sony’s celebrated E3 2016 press conference, where it was confirmed the game will ship on January 24, 2017 complete with full PlayStation VR functionality. 

Set after the events of its predecessor, the spooky sequel takes place in Plantation in rural America, with the action taking place from a first-person perspective. Gamers will be controlling a brand new protagonist, who Capcom has insisted isn’t your typical action hero.

The demo has certainly created quite the interest among fans, who continue to try to unlock a hidden ending and uncover more of its secrets

Read our Resident Evil 7 impressions.


Comments