Japanese gamers have been gifted with yet another update for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The patch contains several fixes to the online aspects, as well as making a few changes to the ranking system and other miscellaneous fixes.
Full list of changes:
- The award of race credits are now allocated at a fixed rate regardless of the number of race participants.
- The High Speed Ring course diagram has been fixed.
- Some online ID's were appearing in grey in the entry list, this has been amended.
- Some online opponents appeared to "blur", this has been amended.
- Country and area information now appears next to the online ID in the ranking boards.
- Unusually high scores had been recorded in some Drift Trials, this has been rectified.
- When Drift Trial replays were saved, occasionally these appeared in the "Load as Ghost" option of Time Trials.
This has now been rectified.
Performance Points (PP)
- The method of calculating Performance Points has been revised, to balance vehicles in events with PP upper limits.
- LCD display has been added in the F2007 interior view.
- Some interiors and exteriors of some vehicle models have been revised.
- On occasion the Quick Tune gear ratio became impossible to reset in some cars, this has been amended.
- The manual has been updated.
- The button assignments will be reset when the update is applied.
- In line with the application of the update, all ranking data will also be reset.
The official website does tell its readers that all information listed on the site is for Japanese users only, it then tells you to refer to the website dedicated to your region for more information. Now, if your from the UK or the US then these websites contain no information about any patches being made available to these regions.
Stay tuned, as we hope to contact Sony on whether or not the patch will be released in those territories.