In a recent live interview with Ted Price, president of Insomniac Games, all new details were revealed on their upcoming PS3 exclusive FPS, Resistance 2. In order to cover all the details that were given in the interview, we'll summarize it into a quick list, and for those of you who want to read more, click here for Eurogamer's interview.
New Resistance 2 Details:
- Intel Documents will be back expanding the franchise's lore
- More of Hale's background revealed and general history in the game's in-game story as well as the cinematics
- Co-op campaign will also help to flesh out the world with its separate story, although expect no big cinematics
- Many new weapons available in Resistance 2, mini-gun and marksman only ones revealed so far
- Streaming hi-res textures, detail maps, new lighting system, new effects system, better normal mapping, better specular response, redone shaders and lots of behind-the-scenes stuff
- NO LOAD TIMES!
- Bigger "levels" and "chapters"
- Resistance 2 will run in 720p at 30fps
- Resistance 2 will feature Trophy and Home support
- Great improvements coming to the PSN
- Resistance 2 to be as long or longer than Resistance FOM
From the sound of it, Resistance 2 is shaping up to be one spectacular sequel. Stay tuned for more information.