For the last 15 months, Japanese magazine Famitsu has polled its readers on which game they're anticipating the most. And for 15 months, Final Fantasy XIII has dominated the results -- that is, until now. Apparently, the hotly anticipated RPG has been dethroned in favor of another much beloved Japanese franchise, Dragon Quest.
Dragon Quest IX for the Nintendo DS has taken lone control of the #1 spot for most anticipated title in Japan. PlayStation 3 holds 6 of the 15 spots, PlayStation 2 has one title in the lineup and the PlayStation Portable brings up the rear with #15.
We've included the list below.
1. Dragon Quest IX (NDS, Square Enix)
2. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
3. Biohazard 5 (PS3, Capcom)
4. Monster Hunter 3 (Wii, Capcom)
5. Dragon Quest VI (NDS, Square Enix)
6. Amagami (PS2, Enterbrain)
7. Star Ocean: The Last Hope (360, Square Enix)
8. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
9. The Last Remnant (PS3, Square Enix)
10. Ryuga Gotoku 3 (PS3, Sega)
11. Street Fighter IV (PS3, Capcom)
12. Seventh Dragon (NDS, Sega)
13. Ninokuni: The Another World (NDS, Level 5)
14. Gyakuten Kenji (NDS, Capcom)
15. Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP, Square Enix)