Naughty Dog recently opened its doors to a select few media sites in order to show off its upcoming sequel to one of the PlayStation 3's best games, Uncharted. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was announced only a couple of months ago, but already the buzz and anticipation swirling around the title are ridiculously high. On a recent blog post on the PlayStation Blog, Naughty Dog introduced the blog's readers to everything that those media sites were privy to.
We've included the list of this information below.
- The historical mystery surrounding Marco Polo and his lost fleet, which serves as the foundation for our story.
- What’s happened to Drake, since it’s pretty obvious he’s a bit scruffier, down on his luck and he’s definitely running with way shadier people than before.
- Introducing everyone to Chloe Frazer, a sexy and impulsive Australian who is just this side of unpredictable and dangerous, not to mention Drake’s new partner and romantic interest – can you blame him?
- Adding in what we’re calling “action-stealth” to give you the choice to go in guns blazing or take out a few adversaries unnoticed before engaging the rest of them.
- Blending together our climbing and shooting into what we call “traversal gunplay” so you can now be in gun combat in the middle of climbing, swinging on a rope, hanging from a ledge or sign…you can shoot pretty much from anywhere, anytime you want.
- All the cool things the Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 can do now, like pushing way more polygons than before, an overhaul of lighting and shadowing, complex enemy A.I., snow shaders and subsurface scattering, fur shading, new physics engine, audio obstruction occlusion…the list goes on and on and on.
While we didn't have the opportunity to attend this event, we are looking forward to getting our hands on the title in the near future.