The videogame adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has rocketed to the top of the U.K. Charts, trumping fellow movie-tie-in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in the process.
Sales of the latest installment in the wizard franchise rose 5 percent, presumably on the back of the accompanying movie release last week. With Transformers snapping at Potter’s feet at number two, EA’s Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 falls to three, having seen a 20 percent drop in sales.
Interestingly, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare makes an appearance in the charts at number 9, though World at War has dropped out of the top ten completely. See below for the full roundup, and click here to see our review of Half-Blood Prince.
1) Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince – EA
2) Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen – Activision
3) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – EA
4) Wii Fit – Nintendo
5) Fight Night Round 4 – EA
6) Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood – Ubisoft
7) The Sims 3 – PC
8) Virtua Tennis 2009 – Sega
9) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – Activision
10) EA Sports Active – EA