GTA 4 sticking on loading screen!!

Come on Guys this is taking the p$$$!! just started playing and reached "the master and the molotov" and cant load the game....tried to restart many times but nothings happening....any1 have an idea ofwhat to do or if any1 is havin the same problem?

Apprentice
    Everybody's having the same problem and there are already countless threads on it.

However, just disable your internet connection and the game should load problem free.

Currently playing BF3 and Minecraft.

Blaze182
    Disable net connection if your game freezes & load screen.

Disable ingame save if you freeze in game... that worked.. until 2 minutes ago.. my game froze again ingame -_-"

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    That happened to me as well. I noticed my HDD indicator wasn't flashing so I simply went to 'quit game' (via the DS3) and the PS3 restarted itself. Everything was fine after that.

Be sure to backup your game saves if these things keep happening.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Superior Member
    This game is more full of fail then the MGO beta start was.
    PSN: StrifeTribal
    XBox tag: Strife Tribal

saso_7
    im tired of the freezes and refuse to play gta iv until rockstar releases a patch, im doing this more for the well being of my ps3 because i hate having to restart and boot up the machine again and again its bound to take its toll

Superior Member
    SIgn out of PSN network, this just started happening to me too

Superior Member
    Yep, I've got the same problem now after not having any issues with GTA (except the online not working). It took 4 tries to get the game to load earlier, wouldn't work until I tried it when I wasn't signed in.
    R.I.P. Tom Clancy.

May you have many Commies to wage war upon in Valhalla.

bobTom37
    yeah im ****ing pissed. super ****ign angry about this. i have to reinstall the goddamn 3.4 gig file everytime i wanna load the game. its bull**** im already at 20 percent no ****ing way am i gonna delete my save file. it happened first last night when i was online and all of a sudden the game froze and i had to manually restart my system. and the past 4 or 5 times ive booted up the game it gets stuck on the loading...name of mission screen. its a ****ing stupid hassle to wait 10 minutes for a game to load.

edit: that was my rant i had to get off my chest, disabling the internet connection when booting up the game fixed it.

Master Poster
    Thank god for the people in this thread saying you have to disable your internet conection !

I was getting very agitated

When you smoke the herb you reveal yourself to yourself - Bob Marley R.I.P

Apprentice
    Have this problem aswell... Now i wish i went to this forum when it happned earlier, i was at "...Final Interview". Deleted the game data, re installed it. Wouldnt work, then deleted and starterd all over again... bah... Gonna try the sign out of psn thing.

Apprentice
    It seems that signing out of the PSN worked for me, but thats not the whole battle. BUT, I will admit this game is very fun, and i would recomend it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhreak View Post
    That happened to me as well. I noticed my HDD indicator wasn't flashing so I simply went to 'quit game' (via the DS3) and the PS3 restarted itself. Everything was fine after that.

Be sure to backup your game saves if these things keep happening.
    I am experiencing the exact same thing with the PS3 rebooting when trying to quit and all.

It seem that logging off from PSN does fix it but it sucks because it prevent me to play online. It wasn't doing this yesterday and only started doing it this morning. This game seriously need a patch , hell probably more than one.

karbineftw
    Ah, if only i would have checked this earlier, my friend was also stuck on Final Interview and it just said loading for ages, Finally it just worked.

If you get stuck on a loading screen try deleting the "profile" (its a 74kb file in save games directory that stores your options settings so dont worry). It worked for me and two of mates.

p.s. it worked for me on the "final interview" loading freeze
    Are you interested in some fine leather jackets?

Super Elite

i thin it may be final interview then, because ive had no problem at all until i had to do that mission, i was pissed, i had been problem free, but i got it to work, and i passed it and got me to 28 percent, and now no problems again, i think there may just be some problem areas of the game
    -52"LCD 1080p 120hz Philips,
    -PC= MSI motherboard / AMD Athlon 64x2 Duel Core 5000+ 2.61 GHz / 3 gigs ram / NVIDI GeForce 9500GT / Light scribe DVD burner drive / 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    -Playstation3= 250 GIG
    Custom LED lit DuelShock3SixAxis and 3 SixAxis controller

Super Elite
    Disable your internet connection.

For three days GTA4 ran perfect, then, one day, I decide to play an online match. Finish that, turn the game off. Next day, it's stuck on the loading screen. I disable my internet connection, bam, works again.

While the solutions to "fixing" the problem are good, why do we have to cripple our PS3's/Xbox ( if its happening there too) to play a game? There was an even longer list of things to disable than just internet posted supposedly by Rockstar. Its utterly ridiculous if you ask me. Disable the internet connection? What if I want to play online? Its like Comcast saying just disable channels 32-75 to get the rest to work and its fine. NO everything isn't fine, I'd like all my channels please.

Apprentice
    AHHHH! THE PROBMLEM JUST HIT ME TOO!!!

Right when I thought I was a lucky person for once..
    I like how I got an infraction for saying "Wiitard" when other people only get warnings for saying the F word.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    yep same for me, disabled the internet and it works fine.

Apprentice
    well, thank the PS3, cause I cant complete this mission at all.

i also had this similar problem
    formatting and disabling the internet seemd to fix it

My beef isn't so much with the game but the stupid playstation setting's

Disabling internet just disables networking all together. Internet does not equal network, so to disable internet totally disables local network and knocks out any media server. this is stupid as.

requesting help

Quote Originally Posted by Gameware336 View Post
    i thin it may be final interview then, because ive had no problem at all until i had to do that mission, i was pissed, i had been problem free, but i got it to work, and i passed it and got me to 28 percent, and now no problems again, i think there may just be some problem areas of the game
    Hi ! Well, I'm having a similar situation on my PC right now and i cant seem to resolve it. I tried disconnecting to the internet and i dont know what to do.
    Can you tell me how you resolved it on your computer??

Thread Information