Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1929 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Mostly that will be the case (as console developers wouldn't know what else to do) or I'm thinking it is possible that we might start seeing games based on scale...kinda like how PCs do it where you have low/medium/high settings and the game scales accordingly.

Why I say that is because since these consoles are basically highly specialized PCs, it might be easy for them to just port over all those configurations/code. That's essentially what DICE did with BF3 on PC vs consoles and id did with rage.

Though I wouldn't worry too much, I would be highly surprised if there's a vast difference between the two consoles. Most likely both will pack a good punch.
    That's how I'm thinking they'll program these titles also. Tweaking these settings wouldn't/shouldn't be a problem being that these consoles are more similar than ever before.

Coming from a gen where missing grass or shadows determined a purchase, the rumored power difference is going to cause a lot of heated fanboy wars. I hope it's true. I want to see what the arguments will be like.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-17-2013 at 07:24.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    That's how I'm thinking they'll program these titles also. Tweaking these settings wouldn't/shouldn't be a problem being that these consoles are more similar than ever before.

Coming from a gen where missing grass or shadows determined a purchase, the rumored power difference is going to cause a lot of heated fanboy wars. I hope it's true. I want to see what the arguments will be like.
    The arguments will mirror last gen. It's what the devs can get out of it. If the PS4 is more powerful..... meh.... who cares?!? I'm still gonna purchase a Xbox 720 too. My life doesn't revolve around silly bragging points.

One fanbase has spent an entire console generation salty at the marketshare fall of their console of choice...... while the fans of the other two consoles have simply been happy their installed base has increased over last generation's numbers and that their brands are still around.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    The arguments will mirror last gen. It's what the devs can get out of it. If the PS4 is more powerful..... meh.... who cares?!? I
    It wouldn't mirror last gen if there's a clear difference smh. As for who cares!!!, a lot will. Especially the ones on forums;the same people who cared about comparisons between the multiplats this gen. I just want to see a clear difference between the two and what madness it brings. popcorn.gif
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-18-2013 at 09:01.

Ultimate Veteran
    Your talking about more ops in a shader, not more polygon throughput. The differences maybe framerate, maybe an added shader effect or 2.

Very little else, models most defiantly will not look any different in terms of polygon count.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-18-2013 at 09:07.

Master Sage
    I'm not expecting to see much, if any at all, difference between the multiplats for a few years. Reason: These cross gen engines which will develop for the 360/ps3 first and only up the framerate(maybe) and graphics such as what happens with pc titles.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-18-2013 at 18:25.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    My mistake, I meant to say 7790. I saw leaked specs for it a few days ago and they appear to match the VG Leaks and Digital Foundry numbers for the Durango GPU
    I can assure you that the Durango GPU will be an 8xxx series AMD GPU. There isn't anything you can directly compare it with yet because that's a next-generation GPU architecture from AMD that isn't due out until later this year.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    ...man the wizardry

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I can assure you that the Durango GPU will be an 8xxx series AMD GPU. There isn't anything you can directly compare it with yet because that's a next-generation GPU architecture from AMD that isn't due out until later this year.
    The 7790 is said to be based on GCN 2.0. Clearly just rumours atm

Just saying, how likely is it that AMD will release two chips at almost exactly the same specs in the same year? Course this is assuming the Durango GPU rumours are actually accurate

Flaw3d Genius

26 years of age...and this turns you on?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The 7790 is said to be based on GCN 2.0. Clearly just rumours atm

Just saying, how likely is it that AMD will release two chips at almost exactly the same specs in the same year? Course this is assuming the Durango GPU rumours are actually accurate
    The 7790 is a budget card. It's slower than a 7850. It is based on GCN2.0, but it's not meant to be a next-gen chip, it's meant to be ATI's new entry level gaming card. There is no way MS is going to design Durango around an entry level video card.

Durango will be a true 8xxx series GPU, not the final revision of the 7xxx series. Desktop 8xxx series GPUs are scheduled for next January. The PS4 and Durango will be the first to use 8xxx based GPUs.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    26 years of age...and this turns you on?
    I have your mom on speed dial for that purpose

*DOWN GOES, Flaw3d Genius. What a vicious counter*

I want to see it happen because of people like you, tbh. I'd love seeing your type react to it. The power difference wouldn't matter to me when it comes to buying a 720. As long as the exclusives are there then I'm set.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-18-2013 at 23:46.

Flaw3d Genius

I want to see it happen because of people like you, tbh. I'd love seeing your type react to it. The power difference wouldn't matter to me when it comes to buying a 720. As long as the exclusives are there then I'm set.
    Wow! Insulting mums well done you.

Forum Sage

I want to see it happen because of people like you, tbh. I'd love seeing your type react to it. The power difference wouldn't matter to me when it comes to buying a 720. As long as the exclusives are there then
    I'm set.
    True, but not all of Sony exclusives sell well. The problem this gen is the core gamer market is not as big as it once were and will Sony be ready to stomach the losses on the software side. Last quarter software sales at the lowest the industry has seen across all platforms .

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Sage
    @Flaw3d Genius
    Come on, man. Don't be like that. You challenged me to a game and now you want to take your ball and go home

Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    True, but not all of Sony exclusives sell well. The problem this gen is the core gamer market is not as big as it once were and will Sony be ready to stomach the losses on the software side. Last quarter software sales at the lowest the industry has seen across all platforms .
    I'm not making excuses for sony because their games didn't do well last year(I didn't buy any ps3 exclusives in 2012) but I honestly don't understand their market at the moment. YOY, the ps3 sells more than the 360(a few 100k) but Move isn't a success when compared to Kinect. So if it's not the core that's pushing the ps3 figures then idk what it is. With the 360, you can see that Kinect is definitely helping its sales. The 360 has been at 13+m since the kinect launched.

Flaw3d Genius
    @Flaw3d Genius
    Come on, man. Don't be like that. You challenged me to a game and now you want to take your ball and go home

I'm not making excuses for sony because their games didn't do well last year(I didn't buy any ps3 exclusives in 2012) but I honestly don't understand their market at the moment. YOY, the ps3 sells more than the 360(a few 100k) but Move isn't a success when compared to Kinect. So if it's not the core that's pushing the ps3 figures then idk what it is. With the 360, you can see that Kinect is definitely helping its sales. The 360 has been at 13+m since the kinect launched.
    I didnt challenge you, Just found it odd that a 26 year old still wants to act like a 14 year old when it comes to "my console is better than your console" nonsense.

You will grow out of it... At your age most people have but it seems your going to be quite a while yet.

Forum Overseer
    I didnt challenge you, Just found it odd that a 26 year old still wants to act like a 14 year old when it comes to "my console is better than your console" nonsense.

You will grow out of it... At your age most people have but it seems your going to be quite a while yet.
    Hi Dasimse.
    Have to hand it to the Americans this gen they have done well! If only they could of got the Japanese buying an American games console they would of smashed Sony and Ninty out of the park this gen sales wise.
    Since when has MS only ever put out 1 exclusive in a year?

I think PS3 only owners forget how good MS exclusives are...This year Halo 4 and Forza Horizon smashed Sony's exclusive line up!

Edit: Last year sorry!
    lol...oh dear. How long has this been in development now? [talking about Last Guardian] Well taken over GT5's dev time. Was by far my most wanted game on PS3 for years...now i couldnt give a monkeys about it....such a failure.
    Amazing! The power of the PS4 is starting to show!
    ^joke post about x-game chat finally being announced.
    If you guys dont think Sony lost alot of core gamers in the US to MS your clearly deluded.
    No MS were wise enough to see they didnt need so many average ip's to make Xbox 360 a success (who wants average IP's?) No doubt that MS have got their strategy absolutely spot on this past 7 years and the sales show that.
    GT4 being better than Forza was a good thing as it made Turn 10 turn things around and we got a Forza this gen that blew GT away. (Although if Sony had giving Poly a couple of more years to release the game i think GT would of been better)
    Games were disappointing...
    about PS4 reveal.
    Nintendo run the show in Japan!

74% of the Japanese market. That's domination.
    I'm sorry, what was you saying?

P.S. I found all of that in 5 minutes as I didn't have more time to spend.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-19-2013 at 04:22.

17. Likes Itachi, Cyn, YoungMullah88, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hi Dasimse.

^joke post about x-game chat finally being announced.
    about PS4 reveal.

I'm sorry, what was you saying?

P.S. I found all of that in 5 minutes as I didn't have more time to spend.

I don't take advice from known rule breakers. It's funny he's exactly what he claims me to be my infraction history speaks for itself
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-19-2013 at 05:43.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Smh some never change...trying to give advice? Pssh

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Smh some never change...trying to give advice? Pssh

Your no Sherlock Holmes if you think im someone called Dasimse

Clearly must try harder.... If your trying to guess who i was when i was on years ago i'l give you's two little Sherlocks a clue...

Started with U ended in E

Considering i own a PS3 & 360, Will own a PS4 and nxt-box kinda makes your statements look a little silly. Come back to me when your older and you'l see the error of your ways and you'l apologise for being immature with your "want a fanboy war" comment.

"rulebreaker" lol Big bad me.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 03-19-2013 at 18:34.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19

Elite Guru
    Started with U ended in E
    Ubermadeness....e?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    even worse

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Ubermadeness....e?
    Lol! That guy was persistent.

Master Sage
    If the 720 rumors do turn out true then it's just going to be the 2nd most powerful console on the market. It's not going to be wiiu-like weak and likely miss out on titles due to not having enough ram, ect.

Flaw3d Genius
    If the 720 rumors do turn out true then it's just going to be the 2nd most powerful console on the market. It's not going to be wiiu-like weak and likely miss out on titles due to not having enough ram, ect.

360 is the 2nd most powerful console on the market currently...And it does not bad. I dont think being the 2nd most powerful will be as bad as you hope for.

Thread Information