Thread: PS3 Issue

PS3 Issue

Well I'm a PC gamer normally, although I do own an Xbox 360. I want to play the Last of Us reaaally badly. So having a tech background on PCs, I bought a YLOD PS3 on ebay and tried to fix it. I did the heat gun method, and put some arctic silver 5 on, and boom, she stays on. BUT I hooked it up to a tv... and it gets to the wavy line after the sony logo and it goes to this weird green and yellow screen (picture here http://i.imgur.com/vZCPmyC.jpg[/IMG] ). Sometimes it doesnt connect to the tv at all, just powers on. Any help? Should I just buy a new mobo? I dont have the A/V cables so I'm only able to try with HDMI, should I buy A/V cables and try? I really only want it to play this game and then I'm gonna sell it. Thanks.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Not the most tech-savvy of people, but have a go at resetting the PlayStation's video settings:

http://www.semperthree.com/resetVideo.html

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Not the most tech-savvy of people, but have a go at resetting the PlayStation's video settings:

http://www.semperthree.com/resetVideo.html
    huh.

Master Guru
    That sucks. If all else fails just pick up a new PS3 slim to play The Last of Us. You won't regret it.

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Call Playstation support. I had video issues with my out-of-warranty PS3. They talked me through several ways of resetting the video that I had never seen before. The had me reboot the PS3 into some low level menu that had operations that could fix this. It didn't fix my issue. I had to send it off for repair, but the support they gave me in trying to resolve it myself was free. I wouldn't advise that in your case since you have already cracked it open to fix the YLOD. Sony won't repair items that have been tampered with by others.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sounds like an issue that won't fix from a software standpoint. Remember the old saying, "you get what you pay for".

Thread Information