Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

PSN ID
    ckarlic
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ANDY View Post
    Nobody wants a vita.
    I do..Had a vita since it launched and love the device. So excited what Sony has done to complement the PS4.

2. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by ckarlc View Post
    I do..Had a vita since it launched and love the device. So excited what Sony has done to complement the PS4.
    Just got one and I'm really enjoying it. Awesome that there are so many games to play right off the bat with PlayStation Plus.....now that I have a decent memory card, that is.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    I don't want a Vita, I have one already.

5. Likes MartyRules, FireSol, mynd likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    I don't want a Vita, I have one already.
    LOL, nice.

Ultimate Veteran
    I have 2 Vita's because they are they good! I play 2 games at once!!

-[ Over half of the 100~ish UHD Blu-rays on the market ]-
    -[ I wouldn't even watch if they came free with my breakfast cereal ]-

8. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Just got one and I'm really enjoying it. Awesome that there are so many games to play right off the bat with PlayStation Plus.....now that I have a decent memory card, that is.
    Same, I don't buy games. I buy memory cards.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    I do. There are a few games that I really would like to be able to play and the other features, such as the PS4->Vita stuff, sounds really promising.
    Just saying the poor sales of the vita wont make it a contender for smart glass which only needs a smart phone. As someone's said they both provide a different service so not sure what I'm arguing.
    Last edited by A1ANDY; 10-06-2013 at 10:52.

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Just saying the poor sales of the vita wont make it a contender for smart glass which only needs a smart phone. As someone's said they both provide a different service so not sure what I'm arguing.
    Smartglass can be used by anyone with an existing smart device which immediately make it a LOT more accessible to a much bigger majority of the consoles userbase. Vita has only sold a few million units but as I said before is a dedicated high-tech gaming device built with PS4 in mind that will be able to remote play most games. As they stand they are too vastly different offrings so really to compare them doesn't make that much sense. Sony's second screen functionality dosn't trounce smartglass if you don't want to spend €250 on a handheld, and smartglass doesn't trounce Vita if you want a device with controls that will eventually play Sony's entire catalog of games on the go.

12. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    If PS4's remote play is everything it is billed to be, we could see some renewed interest in Vita from consumers. Sony certainly hopes so. But like you said, smart glass is a different animal. Wouldn't be surprised if Sony came out with their own version of it at some point. I mean.....it's just an app for pete sake.

PSN ID
    kidhero99
    Can't really make a complete comparison yet as we have yet to see Smartglass for XB1 really in action apart from at E3 with DR3. Personally don't care for second screen stuff but an app that tides in with the console to download stuff on the go and such is great.

PS Vita is not really second screen functionality it's basically a portable PS4 it doesn't really tie in specifically to anything when playing a game/watching a movie for example as of yet. That is second screen functionality, remote play isn't really IMO.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Sony's going to have basically their own home brew version of smart glass as well, not just Vita connectivity. Stop arguing like Xbox one will be the only platform capable of talking to smart phones and tablets. We already know of a PSN companion app planned by Sony, and Ubisoft is planning companion apps to many if not all their next gen titles, we've already seen if not working then mock up versions of those apps for Watchdogs and The Division, DICE also has one for Battlefield 4 with the commander mode. I'm sure they won't be the only ones. The only differences are Sony hasn't given the concept a fancy name, and they also have actual remote play with the Vita.

Thread Information