re-subbed just to play BF1 and TF2 with my mates online

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Superior Member

Full line-up for June:

- Killing Floor 2, PS4
    - Life is Strange, PS4
    - Abyss Odyssey, PS3
    - WRC 5: World Rally Championship, PS3
    - Neon Chrome, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
    - Spy Chameleon, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)

Life is Strange is great, definitely recommend it.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Life is Strange, looks like an easy platinum so may well pick it up just for that!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

PSU Direct Email: [email protected]

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Life is Strange, looks like an easy platinum so may well pick it up just for that!
    Easy platinum and a wonderful game. You will want to use a guide to find all the spots to take pictures though.

5. Likes Duffman likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    Νever liked this "teenager game", and of course i will never install it to "contaminate" my gaming collection. Compared to Heavy Rain, is like a kid fighting Mike Tyson. But its my opinion of course. Other people like it.

I totally disagree to this"easy platinum", with same logic, everyone must play My Name Is Mayo, the new "Sound Shapes" game for "trohpy hunters". First of all u must like the game, and if has easy trophies after, is good for you.

If u love video games, join our Discord group:
    https://discord.gg/R2RXrKt

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Easy platinum and a wonderful game. You will want to use a guide to find all the spots to take pictures though.
    I shall do that then, have heard good things about it to be fair so will probably enjoy it as I play it!

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Horror View Post
    Νever liked this "teenager game", and of course i will never install it to "contaminate" my gaming collection. Compared to Heavy Rain, is like a kid fighting Mike Tyson. But its my opinion of course. Other people like it.

I totally disagree to this"easy platinum", with same logic, everyone must play My Name Is Mayo, the new "Sound Shapes" game for "trohpy hunters". First of all u must like the game, and if has easy trophies after, is good for you.
    I would say I always go for "easy" platinums, have you ever platinum'd Black Flag?? Having to get to level 60 in multiplayer is NOT easy and one hell of a drag!!

Elite Guru
    killing floor 2 is quality..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster

Are you saying you wouldn't play a game with better writing because it mostly features teenagers instead of adults? David Cage's new game, Detroit: Become Human, looks interesting, but Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls aren't really well-written (and I feel good writing is especially important for these kind of games).
    Last edited by Vyse; 06-01-2017 at 23:51.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Life is strange was solid. Nothing spectacular though imo. But decent offering for the first time in a long time.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Are you saying you wouldn't play a game with better writing because it mostly features teenagers instead of adults? David Cage's new game, Detroit: Become Human, looks interesting, but Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls aren't really well-written (and I feel good writing is especially important for these kind of games).
    Life is strange is a sisy game. No where near telltale games which has solid story. There are a few twists in LiS that is cool but thats all about it.

C6603 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    #lovegaming

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

12. Likes Survival Horror likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah the lack of a mature rating hindered that game imo.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    Better writting than Heavy Rain ? Seriously ? And Life Strange is "well writting"? Life Is Strange is a really bad game compared to all of its genre. The characters are some little kids who represent many kids of new generation with no ideals, experiences and interests. Imagine that my 3rd brother(same age as you)quits the game after 40 mins. And we play many different games.

And yes, for example never liked Drake or Chris Redfield after Code: Veronica. Characters many times affect my judgment on a game, out of scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Life is strange is a sisy game. No where near telltale games which has solid story. There are a few twists in LiS that is cool but thats all about it.

C6603 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    Agree on it bro, Life Is Strange is game that cant even reach the 1/1000 of Heavy Rain's and Telltale's games glory.

I would say I always go for "easy" platinums, have you ever platinum'd Black Flag?? Having to get to level 60 in multiplayer is NOT easy and one hell of a drag!!
    Unfortunately after the first two games of series, never played anything else. Were more than enough for me. So i will never try Black Flag. I never said to not play easy games, but to like these easy games, i read some people's opinions like"this game is [email protected]*t, but has easy platinum. If this is love for games, then i am the Pope Of Rome.

And i will repeat, i dont care if a game is easy or hard, the point is to enjoy whatever u do and not to play because"must", while you hate the game. Believe me Duff, there is a big difference here.
    Last edited by Survival Horror; 06-02-2017 at 13:55.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Better writting than Heavy Rain ? Seriously ? And Life Strange is "well writting"? Life Is Strange is a really bad game compared to all of its genre. The characters are some little kids who represent many kids of new generation with no ideals, experiences and interests. Imagine that my 3rd brother(same age as you)quits the game after 40 mins. And we play many different games.

And yes, for example never liked Drake or Chris Redfield after Code: Veronica. Characters many times affect my judgment on a game, out of scenario.

Agree on it bro, Life Is Strange is game that cant even reach the 1/1000 of Heavy Rain's and Telltale's games glory.

Unfortunately after the first two games of series, never played anything else. Were more than enough for me. So i will never try Black Flag. I never said to not play easy games, but to like these easy games, i read some people's opinions like"this game is [email protected]*t, but has easy platinum. If this is love for games, then i am the Pope Of Rome.

And i will repeat, i dont care if a game is easy or hard, the point is to enjoy whatever u do and not to play because"must", while you hate the game. Believe me Duff, there is a big difference here.
    You should try black flag, it is the best pirate game ever made.
    #lovegaming

MyAnimeList

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    You should try black flag, it is the best pirate game ever made.
    Yes, its a good game, but not for me, i mean to make me play it. But i can understand that this game is good for many other players.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864

Right I get what you are saying now, who knows playing through it I may well enjoy it, but I guess there is only one way to find out!

Extreme Poster
    What makes Life is Strange a "sissy" game, Shingo?

I'm not going to over-analyze and say something like, "Oh, you guys just don't like it when a story involves suicide, depression, bullying etc." But can anyone explain why exactly Telltale Games (assuming you mean the first season of The Walking Dead game) has better writing than Life is Strange?

One game features an adult caring for a child in a post-apocalyptic scenario while another is about a teenager trying to make the right choices and failing but ultimately learning from her mistakes (provided you end up with the right ending, anyway). But both games, in their own way, deal with protagonists trying to move on while living with the choices they've made.

Quote Originally Posted by PS4Freak
    Yeah the lack of a mature rating hindered that game imo.
    Life is Strange is rated M for Mature. I'm not sure why it would affect whether or not a game has good writing though.

Life Is Strange is a really bad game compared to all of its genre. The characters are some little kids who represent many kids of new generation with no ideals, experiences and interests.
    I'm still not sure if you dislike the age group (teenagers) or the type of teenagers portrayed.

Since you mention never liking it and not wanting to "contaminate" your gaming collection by installing the game, it's probably safe to say you've never played it or watched a walkthrough online. That said, how can you say with confidence that "it is a really bad game compared to all of its genre"?

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would rather it not be out of ignorance.
    Last edited by Vyse; 06-02-2017 at 23:52.

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    I'm still not sure if you dislike the age group (teenagers) or the type of teenagers portrayed.

Since you mention never liking it and not wanting to "contaminate" your gaming collection by installing the game, it's probably safe to say you've never played it or watched a walkthrough online. That said, how can you say with confidence that "it is a really bad game compared to all of its genre"?

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would rather it not be out of ignorance.
    Good afternoon, I told u in the past, i met some gamers who dont like Heavy Rain alot, but they say has great plot or a very good one. Only these ones who stop playing it at the tutorial i guess they cant understand how great game it is. You are the only one that ever heard to say"is not good writting", this is what i completely disagree. You can like every game u wish, but to say that is not good writting a game that is a diamond, a living drama that gaming history never had any similar in his plot sounds really strange to me. This is strange and not Life Is strange :P

About Life Is Strange, i saw some of my brother, but believe me i dont need a lot of time to understand if a game suits to me. Of course some times i do mistakes on my judge(like Deadly Premonition) but 8,5/10 i am right. I dont like teenager movies style"is our last year inuniversity we must find all a woman", these bullying things in school, rebel life, smoke, parents pay for us and kids love stories. So this game even if has some emotional moments or good plot for you, has been rejected by me. I still believe is a bad game and will never change my view on it.

Moments like Lee and Clementine at the last episode, and the discover of Origami's killer identity and whole scenario of course cant compare with games like The Life Is Strange. The Life Is Strange is a bad copycat of these titles with some more adds to not be completely similar with the bad way. Because i dont have any respect for many of the new generation kids, this game brings in my mind a lot of these things that i hate .

And something for last, i am not the type of person who says"DONT PLAY Life Is Stranger to others", i am saying first my opinion but after saying that "there are many people that like it, so u can try it".

I did it yesterday with a female friend, because i think will find it interesting. Lets see her opinion in the future.
    Last edited by Survival Horror; 06-03-2017 at 12:50.

Extreme Poster
    "is our last year in university we must find all a woman", these bullying things in school, rebel life, smoke, parents pay for us and kids love stories. So this game even if has some emotional moments or good plot for you, has been rejected by me. I still believe is a bad game and will never change my view on it.
    It's not that you reject it, but that you reject it with pre-conceived notions.

the discovery of Origami's killer identity and whole scenario of course
    As someone else said about Life is Strange, I will say the same about Heavy Rain; "there are a few twists that are cool but that's about it".

Life Is Strange is a bad copycat of these titles
    How?

Because i dont have any respect for many of the new generation kids, this game brings in my mind a lot of these things that i hate.
    That has nothing to do with whether or not Life is Strange is well-written! I hate zombies but I'm not going to say The Walking Dead games aren't well-written or that I didn't enjoy The Last of Us (which doesn't feature zombies but the "sudden outbreak leading to a post-apocalypse" nature is the same).
    Last edited by Vyse; 06-03-2017 at 22:41.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    GeorgeGianno
    It's not that you reject it, but that you reject it with pre-conceived notions.

As someone else said about Life is Strange, I will say the same about Heavy Rain; "there are a few twists that are cool but that's about it".

How?

That has nothing to do with whether or not Life is Strange is well-written! I hate zombies but I'm not going to say The Walking Dead games aren't well-written or that I didn't enjoy The Last of Us (which doesn't feature zombies but the "sudden outbreak leading to a post-apocalypse" nature is the same).
    I think that 340 more days to talk will never agreed on this one, so i ll stop here. I cant agree with most of the things that u say about Life Is Strange in comparison with Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, so this doesnt leads anywhere.

I will say only that as last, i can understand if someone believes that Life Is Strange is better, even if i disagree, but that Heavy Rain is not well written is something that is out of logic. I love survival horror games and even then, Heavy Rain still remains the best playstation 3 game for me.

Superior Member
    July games:

Until Dawn – PS4
    Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4
    That’s You – PS4
    Tokyo Jungle – PS3
    Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3
    Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)
    Element4l – PS Vita

Source

Pretty good line-up. Definitely recommend Until Dawn and GoT if you haven't played them.

23. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Oh good one I have UD but got is a nice one since it is an awesome game with an easy plat. Wish we had BC like Xbox. It would be awesome to play Tokyo jungle on ps4. It is one of the unique games on ps3 era
    #lovegaming

MyAnimeList

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yep this is quality they should be delivering consistently. This looks like a plus lineup that is worthy of spending the money on. Really wish Sony would get it together and give this kind of effort every month. Not what indie game can we pass off as a game as a means to fill a lineup devoid of bigger projects. No offense to those guys but i just can't get excited when those are the free game offering.

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Wow....that is a damn good line up. Doubt we see games like this regularly, but still....pretty damn good.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Wow....that is a damn good line up. Doubt we see games like this regularly, but still....pretty damn good.
    Sad thing is this used to be the norm in the ps3 days.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Both really good games for July, never played Until Dawn and only played the first episode of Game of Thrones so will download both for sure!

Thread Information