Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

PSA: Cloudflare data leaks, update your passwords - May affect PSU.

PSU is unlikely to have been affected by this, but this is a PSA for our members to update your passwords for the sites affected by this leak (list included below).

https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare
    Notable Sites

authy.com
    coinbase.com
    betterment.com
    transferwise.com
    prosper.com
    digitalocean.com
    patreon.com
    bitpay.com
    news.ycombinator.com
    producthunt.com
    medium.com
    4chan.org
    yelp.com
    okcupid.com
    zendesk.com
    uber.com
    namecheap.com (not affected)
    poloniex.com
    localbitcoins.com
    kraken.com
    23andme.com
    curse.com (and some other Curse sites like minecraftforum.net)
    counsyl.com
    tfl.gov.uk
    stackoverflow.com (confirmed not affected by StackOverflow's @alienth)
    fastmail.com (not affected)
    1password.com (not affected)
    Some words of caution as far as PSU is concerned - As said above, PSU may, or may not, be affected by this leak. The list of affected websites lists all domains that use the service, not just the proxy's (which is where the issue lies). To be on the safe side, it would be prudent to update your passwords here as well.

You can find more information, and lists of all affected sites here: https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare

If we belive PSU may have been at risk, we will let you lot know
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    What is cloudflare?

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Website protection service. Helps to prevent DDOS attacks and such.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    I think this is somewhat ironic, don't you think?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Thank God 1password is not affected.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I think this is somewhat ironic, don't you think?
    Quite a bit

Elite Guru
    I don't use my password here for anything important. I use it on other discussion forums, and that's it. It doesn't even form the basis for any more complicated passwords I use on other sites. I have a system that creates unique passwords for every important site I use (anything that gets CC info, for instance) so no two sites use the same password, and the passwords can't just be dictionaried, either, and are hard to brute force because they are too long.
    Last edited by bobtheduck; 03-24-2017 at 04:54.
    Sig pic by Irish-Sid.

Bypassing region lockout is not theft.
    Unlocator and Unblock-us are not crimes.
    Stop region lockout!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    I don't use my password here for anything important. I use it on other discussion forums, and that's it. It doesn't even form the basis for any more complicated passwords I use on other sites. I have a system that creates unique passwords for every important site I use (anything that gets CC info, for instance) so no two sites use the same password, and the passwords can't just be dictionaried, either, and are hard to brute force because they are too long.
    I do the same thing. All my passwords are unique and complex. I personally use Enpass. It's the best password manager I've ever used. Having said that, if your password gets leaked, it's irrelevant how complicated the password is.

Extreme Poster
    I am tired of the Cloudflare captcha tests not working properly on Chrome. It wouldn't surprise me if it contributes to so few threads being posted; it leaves you hanging indefinitely on a blank white screen after successfully answering the question.

It is extremely annoying spending time trying to clean up an article to be posted in the text box (bolding questions, properly spacing paragraphs, maybe embedding images included in the article etc) and not being able to share it with others. What's worse is that you can't actually predict whether or not you will run into the problem. Just because I experience the problem today and it goes away tomorrow doesn't mean I won't experience it again a week or two from now.

Please tell me I am not the only member experiencing this annoying site plugin.
    Last edited by Vyse; 04-18-2017 at 19:45.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    What captchas?

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    From what I have seen, the problem occurs primarily when you try and copy and paste from another site. To avoid this, I have been copying any text from other sites into Notepad (which removes the formatting) and then into the post. Cloudfare is suspicious of any encoded text.

To be clear, Cloudfare is not a site plugin. It is a sort of proxy. That is cloud-based and serves up the site HTML. In the past, you would browse PSU and hit our servers directly. Now, you are actually hitting the cloud-fare servers which pull in a copy of the site contents. This way it can prevent the denial of service attacks that we were experiencing on numerous occasions.

I do not have any control over cloudfare, but I will pass on the complaints to the admin of the site. Sorry for the problems.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    From what I have seen, the problem occurs primarily when you try and copy and paste from another site. To avoid this, I have been copying any text from other sites into Notepad (which removes the formatting) and then into the post. Cloudfare is suspicious of any encoded text.
    I will try that. Thanks, Christopher.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

I am also having a lot of issues witch cloudfare/captchas on chrome recently. Im running windows 10 64bit, I feel relieved that I am not the only one with that issue, because I was going crazy to find the source of these problems. I have even restarted my router settings and re-installed os...

Thread Information