Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and 360 BC games

https://majornelson.com/2017/02/28/introducing-xbox-game-pass-unlimited-access-to-more-than-100-games/

Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox, discusses Xbox Game Pass – a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring.

At Xbox, we put gamers at the center of everything we do and remain committed to giving you the freedom to play the games you want, with the friends you want, on the devices you want. This year is shaping up to be an exciting one for gamers. As we prepare to launch Project Scorpio this holiday, bringing the most powerful console ever made to the Xbox One family of devices, we continue to make platform improvements to connect the growing community of players on Xbox Live and add to a robust and diverse portfolio of games across Xbox One and Windows 10.

Today, we’re continuing our commitment to give you more options to diversify and expand your library of games with Xbox Game Pass, a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring. Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games – all for $9.99 per month.

With great games from top industry publishers such as 2K, 505 Games, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Capcom, Codemasters, Deep Silver, Focus Home Interactive, SEGA, SNK CORPORATION, THQ Nordic GmbH, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft Studios, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and you will always find something exciting to play across a variety of genres. Some of the fan favorite titles coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches to the broader Xbox community in late spring include, Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II.

One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want. Every month new games will cycle into the subscription with some cycling out, giving you a constantly updating library of games. Xbox Game Pass is your ticket to endless play.

It’s important to us that Xbox Game Pass provides an enjoyable and seamless experience. Before the program rolls out to the broader community later this spring, we’ll be testing Xbox Game Pass with select members of the Xbox Insider Program in the Alpha Preview ring, starting today with a very limited number of titles. The titles that are available in Preview are just a small glimpse at the expansive catalog of games that will be available when Xbox Game Pass launches late spring. Xbox Live Gold members will also be receiving exclusive access to Xbox Game Pass prior to the program launching to the broader community. We’ll have more details on timing closer to launch.
    We hope you enjoy Xbox Game Pass and all that it has to offer. We’re looking forward to hearing the feedback from the gamers in the Xbox Insider Program and then from the rest of the Xbox community when it’s broadly available later this spring. Your feedback will make this program better for all gamers.

Thank you for your continued passion and support of Xbox.

Phil Spencer
    Twitter: @XboxP3
    GT: P3

Extreme Poster
    One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want.
    Sounds good.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    It is a nice option for Xbox One users. Hope to see something like this on Windows.

Elite Sage
    One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want.
    And people ask why I stay with xbox. Its for reasons like this. I heard a rumor about this last year. Guess it turned out to be true.

5. Likes Kvally likes this post
    Administrator
    Are people really asking you that?

7. Likes Yungstar 2006, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    I loved it, it seems an awesome service, altough as far as I know the games gets removed from the list after sometime. didn't get why they are going for this? Either way it is a good way for low income users like me it is sad I don't have an xbox tho.
    #lovegaming

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Dedicated Member

Miles ahead of the competition in almost every regard. By end of the year they will only be behind in sales because they will have the best hardware out too.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Ultimate Veteran
    Love this option for a 2nd Xbox one for the kids, I'll just throw this sub on it and they are sorted. Love it.

Extreme Poster
    I'm curious how great the discounts will be for purchasing the games. Would 30 to 50 percent off be a reasonable expectation?

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Ultimate Veteran
    10 percent I would say, much like EA. But then weekly sales help on top of that, all about buying at the right time.

Extreme Poster
    I wonder if larger discounts would be the smarter move in the long run? Would a new game going on sale for 25 percent off result in more subscribers?

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair;6526691[B
    ]Miles ahead of the competition in almost every regard[/B]. By end of the year they will only be behind in sales because they will have the best hardware out too.
    The services are kicking butt.They also just announced xbl Creaters Program for devs. Hopefully, we hear more about this one at E3.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Here is what is wrong with this.

1. Some games only last 30 days. (the games will no longer be able to be played without purchasing the game directly. Even if you downloaded it already)
    2. No yearly subscription

Right now the only games available seem like they were pulled straight from Rare Replay. Other than that, this could be pretty nice. No. 1 needs to be addressed asap though.

Master Sage
    lol @ the reassurance post from 2 people.

This service would do nothing for me. It's more fit for kids.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Looks like I have the game pass right now. I got a free 1 month pass as part of the alpha preview.

Last edited by Lethal; 03-02-2017 at 01:29.

Dedicated Member

For £10 a month, you will have access to over 100 games in a month to choose from. There is nothing wrong anyone can find in that.

A yearly subscription would be nice to have, but this is something that for me would depend on the time I have on my hands e.g. subscribing when I am on leave to really take advantage, and what games may be on offer. If there are four or maybe even five games that I really wanted to play but have not had the chance to own, paying £10 for a month when I could play them in two weeks and be done with them cannot be seen as a negative.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Here is what is wrong with this.

1. Some games only last 30 days. (the games will no longer be able to be played without purchasing the game directly. Even if you downloaded it already)
    2. No yearly subscription

Right now the only games available seem like they were pulled straight from Rare Replay. Other than that, this could be pretty nice. No. 1 needs to be addressed asap though.
    I heard its going to be a rolling roster like Netflix, but one month? Hell no. Try 4-6 months please.

Good way to try before you buy a game as well I guess.
    Of course we used to call that a free demo...sighs....

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I heard its going to be a rolling roster like Netflix, but one month? Hell no. Try 4-6 months please.

Good way to try before you buy a game as well I guess.
    Of course we used to call that a free demo...sighs....
    If they were to keep a game there for four to six months, it would be a horrible business decision, what is the incentive for people to go out and buy the game at a discounted price?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    If they were to keep a game there for four to six months, it would be a horrible business decision, what is the incentive for people to go out and buy the game at a discounted price?
    In which case this smells more like a glorfied pay wall demo.

Edit: Phills on Unlocked, and no its not monthly. Just that each month they will turn some games over.

Even he said, I didnt want it a glorfied trial.

Last edited by mynd; 03-02-2017 at 02:58.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    In which case this smells more like a glorfied pay wall demo.
    You are paying £10 for access to over 100 games in a month. That is a low price of admission basically aimed at trying to get people to try as many games as they like with a view to selling it to them.

There is no incentive for people to buy a game once they have had it for 4 months to six months, that is the truth, and if the price goes up to necessitate such, it becomes a hindrance to the same people it is supposed to attract.

If you try getting as many games as possible in a month, you will end up wasting the subscription, but if you focus on a few games, finish them in that period, you could eventually play to completion a lot of games that you might have had an interest might not have had the finances to get. I think it might be a difference in how people view things.
    Last edited by acryllicaltair; 03-02-2017 at 02:56.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    You are paying £10 for access to over 100 games in a month. That is a low price of admission basically aimed at trying to get people to try as many games as they like with a view to selling it to them.

There is no incentive for people to buy a game once they have had it for 4 months to six months, that is the truth, and if the price goes up to necessitate such, it becomes a hindrance to the same people it is supposed to attract.

If you try getting as many games as possible in a month, you will end up wasting the subscription, but if you focus on a few games, finish them in that period, you could eventually play to completion a lot of games that you might have had an interest might not have had the finances to get. I think it might be a difference in how people view things.
    I'm glad to say this discusison is moot.
    Phils already explained 1 month will not be the limit.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    The problem is that the current list sucks. If all the games are old, then why bother? They are going to toss a bunch of games in the list that were already given away free a gold games. I currently own 90% of the games available. Mostly thanks to gold.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    The problem is that the current list sucks. If all the games are old, then why bother? They are going to toss a bunch of games in the list that were already given away free a gold games. I currently own 90% of the games available. Mostly thanks to gold.
    It will grow and its great for new owners to catch up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    It will grow and its great for new owners to catch up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Won't grow as much as you think as games are going to be cycled. Would be so much better if all the games stayed in the library.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    This service would do nothing for me.
    To be fair, is PlayStation Plus offering anything better for PS4 owners than what Xbox One owners get from Xbox Game Pass?

28. Likes Kvally likes this post

Thread Information