Extreme Poster

Interested to learn more about hardware technology

So, as the title says, I'm really interested to learn more about hardware technology. I'm particularly interested in the way home consoles are designed, the features of a microprocessor (to better understand the terminology), and how developers utilize the technology for games. Are there any particular websites or informative videos on YouTube you would recommend?
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

This is a really good video to start with.

It basically walks you through thinking of a PC, from the PC's perspective. As opposed to the way people generally think about PC's which is from their perspective.

It is a good video to understand because what it covers remains relevant no matter what you are reading/watchinig. So things like the relationship between the processing cores (which is another thing people don't understand - What is a "core"?), and memory for example stay relevant, even when you read up on GPU's.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

3. Likes Shingo, Vyse likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Thanks, Fiji. Yeah, anything that can still be considered relevant is really helpful. I'm sure console hardware has changed a lot over the years.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

I am also interested in hardware. Recently read about hardware firewall. To be honest did get the idea of it. I understood that it is more complex that personal firewall and more expensive. But which advantages does it have?

Thread Information