Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 11
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    mynd won't play games by ATLUS then? One of the greatest developer/publishing companies in the business.

I had no idea mynd was racist....

Ultimate Veteran
    Ive played my fair share of JRPG's, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon. Haven't played Persona at all Lethal, maybe that's where I'm going wrong.
    Lost Odyssey was good, still a bit strange, but it had some humor.

I'm too old to give a $#@! about Teenage angst, which appears to be what a lot of the Japanese story's are based around.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Ive played my fair share of JRPG's, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon. Haven't played Persona at all Lethal, maybe that's where I'm going wrong.
    Lost Odyssey was good, still a bit strange, but it had some humor.

I'm too old to give a $#@! about Teenage angst, which appears to be what a lot of the Japanese story's are based around.
    You must try a Persona game. Persona 4 was amazing and I hear nothing but good things about Persona 5. One of my favorite ATLUS games ever made is 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    You must try a Persona game. Persona 4 was amazing and I hear nothing but good things about Persona 5. One of my favorite ATLUS games ever made is 3D Dot Game Heroes.
    Persona on the 3ds or PSP? I have acces to my daughters XL and my sons PSP.

Elite Member
    Persona 5 is the greatest game this gen for me I put over 120 hours into it if you enjoyed Persona 3 & 4 you'll love 5. I recommend anyone giving the Persona series a go.
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

6. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Persona on the 3ds or PSP? I have acces to my daughters XL and my sons PSP.
    Only going to be able to play P3 on the PSP. Well....the earlier Personas are on PSP too, but they haven't aged nearly as well. Persona 4 is only on Vita. Of course, they can all be played on PS2. P3 was my favorite before P5 came out.

Extreme Poster
    It has something to do with Japanese culture valuing youth or so I've heard. Don't be mistaken though, there are Japanese games that are more cheerful, optimistic and inspiring; a great example being my favorite game, Skies of Arcadia for the Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo GameCube.

The stuff you're talking about, I'm not a big fan of either, and it's why I don't see the appeal of most anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion that people always seem to put on a pedestal. However, Persona 3, 4 and (it's probably safe to say) 5 do a great job with the story and being able to empathize with the characters. But then you also need some suspension of disbelief since they follow the common Japanese trope of "minors saving the world" which you won't see in a lot of western stories.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Thread Information