Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    And you don't think ms isn't doing something similar.
    Microsoft is not in a position to be holding anything back..

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Microsoft is not in a position to be holding anything back..
    I can only assume that this means that they have nothing in development outside what they showed at E3.

Whatever Sony is holding back we will most likely see next year at E3 yet again.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    I can only assume that this means that they have nothing in development outside what they showed at E3.

Whatever Sony is holding back we will most likely see next year at E3 yet again.
    I mean Microsoft is not selling as well as the Playstation and are in no position to be holding back any game announcements as they need all the hype and support they can get going in to the Holiday season with their next console launching.

4. Likes Two4DaMoney, PS4freak likes this post
    Elite Sage
    I mean Microsoft is not selling as well as the Playstation and are in no position to be holding back any game announcements as they need all the hype and support they can get going in to the Holiday season with their next console launching.
    In no position? I don't think Microsoft has much to worry about. They will be launching new hardware and have some good games coming later this year, and Phil has already confirmed they have some AAA games coming that weren't announced at E-3.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    In no position? I don't think Microsoft has much to worry about. They will be launching new hardware and have some good games coming later this year, and Phil has already confirmed they have some AAA games coming that weren't announced at E-3.
    Compared to Sony sales, they have plenty to worry about.

Elite Sage
    Compared to Sony sales, they have plenty to worry about.
    Console sales, they're behind but Microsoft is making big bucks off xbox. From the moves they're making I would say they aren't worried as much as they were 4 years ago. Every since Phil took over xbox its been getting better.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Console sales, they're behind but Microsoft is making big bucks off xbox. From the moves they're making I would say they aren't worried as much as they were 4 years ago. Every since Phil took over xbox its been getting better.
    Sales are worse this year than the previous year.

Ultimate Veteran
    How the hell do you even know that?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    How the hell do you even know that?
    The stats were posted in another thread.

Ultimate Veteran
    The stats were posted in another thread.
    What stats? Are we talking about NPD?
    I didnt think we got any info for anything sales number wise these days.
    Last edited by mynd; 3 Days Ago at 03:57.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Apparently they are loosing money on the new Xbox One X even selling at the price it is..........

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Apparently they are loosing money on the new Xbox One X even selling at the price it is..........
    I read that they are not making any profit from the hardware sales. Not really the same as losing money.

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/xb...17-6?r=US&IR=T

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    A few days ago someone posted the breakdown of each month over the last few years of Microsoft's profit on the Xbox One. I said the console is selling better now that it ever has and I was proven wrong. I forgot who provided the link but it shows the Xbox One is selling less this year than the previous years.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Well, that's to be expected. They probably won't make money off the hardware for a few years when production cost goes down. The money they make is coming from services and software. Iirc, the wii is one of the last consoles that was profitable at launch. Ms is still continuing to invest heavily in Xbox as we can see with xb1x and how they continue to improve their xblive services, so business can't be all that bad,

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Iirc, the wii is one of the last consoles that was profitable at launch. Ms is still continuing to invest heavily in Xbox as we can see with xb1x and how they continue to improve their xblive services, so business can't be all that bad,
    Line of thinking when the PS4/XB1 launched was that both were sold pretty much at production cost, if not, then for a small profit from the get go.

Which makes sense when neither company were incurring the R&D costs this time around nor the costs of production for two separate pieces of silicon[CPU and GPU].

I think what MS are actually losing money on is the Vapour Chamber. Those things are expensive, and that is one of the reasons PC's have not adopted it... that and they only work in one orientation - It's going to be interesting to see if MS resolved this, and if not, how many mindless idiots are going to ignore what is likely to be massive warning stickers not to orient the console in a manner which it wasn't designed for

Also, if they have a vapour chamber(read: a vapour chamber is a necessity), and this Hovis thing is a thing, the chip must be running very on edge. In the long term, it's going to be interesting to see what the failure rate of these things is going to be - GPU's tend to be a lot more sensitive to voltage than their CPU counterparts.

On another tangent... i been wondering if the 1172MHz GPU clock is more of a nominal clock, than an actual clock. A GTX 970[Maxwell] can drop ~20-200MHz when it hits its power limit and people tend to be none the wiser during gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if the Polaris had similar power regulators/gating built into the design. My immense disappointment for the jaguar cores aside, MS really seem to be pushing the boat out for the GPU, should be worth a read when it's out in the wild.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 2 Days Ago at 16:39.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Sage
    It looks like Scorpio didn't hurt sales at E3 16'. Xbone sales have slowed down this year compared to last year. Now I'm going to speculate that sales of xbone will further slow down until Nov due to the pricing details of Scorpio at E3 17'(If sales trend follow ps4 until ps4pro released). Amazon's sales trend predicted the winner of each month in NA. It was correct 95% of the time. The same data has the xbox barely making the top 100 list with its gears bundle for the month of June. Amazon has Scorpio listed as the most wished for gaming item in front of the rare to find Nintendo Switch. I'm expecting a big burst in sales for xbone in Nov.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 2 Days Ago at 19:28.

Ultimate Veteran
    Umm your figures show an increase in sales by 0.02m this year.
    No idea where you got them from but..yeah...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Umm your figures show an increase in sales by 0.02m this year.
    No idea where you got them from but..yeah...
    2017 is doing worse than 2014 and 2015. It is also on pace to match 2016 sales which is also lower than 14 and 15. That is not exactly why you want to see if you are Microsoft. You want increases each year.

Ultimate Veteran
    2017 is doing worse than 2014 and 2015. It is also on pace to match 2016 sales which is also lower than 14 and 15. That is not exactly why you want to see if you are Microsoft. You want increases each year.
    Of course you do , but Ill take you back to what you said Lethal...

I mean I dont know, I have no idea, since MS stopped publishing numbers, but Im not going to try and guess either.

Hell an argument could be made that in the first three months, going on Twos numbers that Sonys sales stagnated whil MS sales were up.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Are you adding all the numbers together or something? Those are year to date numbers that tally the totals already going in to the next month. XB1 is down .03 this year compared to last year. Sony is .10 higher this year by the end of May compared to 2016 at that same time. And these are just North America sales I believe.
    Last edited by Lethal; 2 Days Ago at 22:45.

Ultimate Veteran
    Are you adding all the numbers together or something? Those are year to date numbers that tally the totals already going in to the next month. XB1 is down .03 this year compared to last year. Sony is .10 higher this year by the end of May compared to 2016 at that same time. And these are just North America sales I believe.
    Oh...doh!
    My bad.

I see what you guys are saying then.
    Last edited by mynd; 2 Days Ago at 23:05.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    That would actually matter to me if I was a Sony shareholder or developer who is paid bonuses for how well a game sells, but as a gamer, all that matters to me is quality. Looking at some of your comments, that must be a strange concept.
    Daddy phil lied to you guys at E3 16. "Uncompromised 4k" Plus, he stuck his foot in his mouth with all this true 4k crap when it turns out it includes checkerboard rendering in the definition.

Don't be so salty and sour at me lmfao. Don't lose any sleep. Don't run your blood pressure up trying to figure me out. I'll help you with that so you have no reason to get it fudged up again. I'm just a customer that has a heap of 1st party(2nd party) exclusives to pick from in 2017 & 2018. Along with that comes with multiplats that run just fine on my ps4. Gaming life is great over here. Just know I'm partly jk with you. It's not really that serious.

Just because I want the same from MS, as far as exclusives goes, doesn't mean I hate them. I want them to give Sony competition in this area of the market. They've done it in all the other areas and I love it. My issue with MS is nothing new. It's been that way for 7 years now. You can go dig through my post if you want. I'm not into putting blind faith in Phil as some of you guys have no problem doing. He has a terrible record of lying and canceling games. I've heard all the excuses before. Phil, in so many words, said that building 1st party studios was put on the back burner while he focused on other things such as hardware. I was saying that before he confirmed it. To be proven right about a lot of the negatives is not something I enjoy. I want to be proven wrong with actions.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 1 Day Ago at 16:07.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Daddy phil lied to you guys at E3 16. "Uncompromised 4k" Plus, he stuck his foot in his mouth with all this true 4k crap when it turns out it includes checkerboard rendering in the definition.

Don't be so salty and sour at me lmfao. Don't lose any sleep. Don't run your blood pressure up trying to figure me out. I'll help you with that so you have no reason to get it fudged up again. I'm just a customer that has a heap of 1st party(2nd party) exclusives to pick from in 2017 & 2018. Along with that comes with multiplats that run just fine on my ps4. Gaming life is great over here. Just know I'm partly jk with you. It's not really that serious.

Just because I want the same from MS, as far as exclusives goes, doesn't mean I hate them. I want them to give Sony competition in this area of the market. They've done it in all the other areas and I love it. My issue with MS is nothing new. It's been that way for 7 years now. You can go dig through my post if you want. I'm not into putting blind faith in Phil as some of you guys have no problem doing. He has a terrible record of lying and canceling games. I've heard all the excuses before. Phil, in so many words, said that building 1st party studios was put on the back burner while he focused on other things such as hardware. I was saying that before he confirmed it. To be proven right about a lot of the negatives is not something I enjoy. I want to be proven wrong with actions.
    Did phil really lie? Nah, i dont think so. Even at this early stage xb1x has more games running at native 4k than ps4 pro and the dev kits havent even matured yet. And if you didnt know he did a interview stating they have some unannounced games that werent at E-3 just like i predicted. I dont believe phil ever mandated that all games had to be native 4k just like they obviously wont be on ps4 pro. One thing about phil is that he comes off confident which i think bothers you a bit. I will admit xbox wasn't doing so well before he took over, but he has really come in and done some good things for the brand. He isnt perfect but neither is everything about playstation or their executives either. Gaming life may be great for you but its not as bad for xbox as you try to make it seem. I still dont get why you care so much about what other people play.

Master Sage
    Didn't read. Wasted your time Sub

Xbox 2 might be up to my standards as far as exclusives go. Plus it'll more than likely be backwards compatible with every other xbox. These new 1st party studios should be oiled and ready to churn out those games by then.

I hope we don't see the start of next gen for another 5 years. The tech should be there that'll allow us to see what we consider next gen jumps.

Thread Information