Question PLEASE HELP DIAGNOSE BLINKING BLUE LIGHT!

I recently bought a ps4 from a friend knowing it had issues but once I got it plugged in everything came on fine but when I shut it off it won't do anything but blink blue and you have to let the system set for a week or so before it will come on again any idea on what it sounds like is going on or anything I can try to narrow Down what's wrong?

Nobody has any ideas?

Dedicated Member

The blink, are you referring to the blue line along the side? Is it a slow blink where the light is blue for a period and then transitions to off briefly and then transitions back to blue again (rinse, repeat)?

I had this couple years ago for a little while with my PS4 (this happened to my friends for a short time too), I don't know if it was fixed from an update (for mine at least) or if it was the couple times that I had to reset and rebuild the data base.

I would say, rebuild the database, reformat, try a different HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect everything that you're comfortable with (power, hard drive, HDMI). Also, if you disconnect everything, hold down the power button while it's not plugged in for a few seconds just to use up any residual charge.

Maybe reinstall the latest update with a usb.

The direct cause of this issue still seems to be unclear at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Okay thank you, how do I rebuild the database, format if I can't see anything on the screen? I hold down the power button it beeps when it first comes on and then after holding it for a bit it beeps again but powers off and not into safe mode? Do I need to hold it for a few seconds them release before it beeps?
    Last edited by Jbbox; 1 Day Ago at 16:34.

Dedicated Member

I think you get into the menu with the rebuild option by, with the power off, holding the power button until you hear two beeps, one will sound immediately, the next after like 5 or 10 seconds, then release. You'll need to use a usb with the controller when it's in that menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Thread Information