10 Cloverfield Lane Trailer

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.

The original Cloverfield was a film that shot out of nowhere, courtesy of a trailer for the movie when people didn’t even know at that stage it existed.
Paramount may have pulled a similar trick again.

There have long been rumours of a Cloverfield 2, but no sign of it happening. However, US viewers watching Michael Bay’s new movie, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi, got something of a surprise when the trailer for a film called 10 Cloverfield Lane started playing.

We don’t think it’s a leap of faith to suggest that has something to do with Cloverfield.

Once again, it comes from JJ Abrams’ production company, Bad Robot, and once again it’s a Paramount film. And we now learn that the trailer will be online officially later today. We’ll post it when it arrives.

Furthermore, JJ Abrams has basically confirmed it’s a new Cloverfield movie too, telling Collider that “the idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible”.

John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead lead the cast. More as we hear it!

[video=youtube;guGBUaxtwxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guGBUaxtwxE[/video]
Source

I do like the first one, the trailer looks good for this.

There's an embedded video at the source which works, watch it there until YouTube sorts itself out.

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
My only concern with the fact that this is a sequel to Cloverfield is that Matt Reeves and Drew Goddard aren't attached to the project, even though J. J. Abrams is once again producing. I had always imagined that a sequel to Cloverfield would take place in Japan and maybe focus on the corporation Tagruato who had awakened Clover (the name of the sea monster in the original) with one of their sea-drilling stations.

Still, I'm excited! I was obsessed with the viral marketing of the original back in 2007 and the movie as well when it released on January 18, 2008. And, as an artist, I kept re-drawing the sea monster in my sketchbook to the point where it almost looked as accurate as the real thing. I eventually forgot about a sequel to the movie until I watched Pacific Rim which I enjoyed even more though I didn't participate in that movie's viral marketing or do any monster/robot studies...

...but now we're back to talking about Cloverfield. Wow!

I dunno, I have such a nostalgic affection for the movie. I'm hoping we aren't being misled.

Last edited:

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I have no idea what to think ... I just know that I nearly wet myself when I saw the film title. I really enjoyed the first one. This isn't a direct sequel of Cloverfield. Abrams says it's a "blood relative" to Cloverfield ... even though nobody has any idea what the hell he means. So maybe it's set in the same universe. Who knows?

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Dont be deceived by this movie. Big thing on Reddit calling this a lie. Apparently this was a completed movie that has nothing to do with Cloverfield that was shelved and brought back to life with reshoots to make it Cloverfield related. No one from original team has worked on this and they put the Cloverfield and JJs names on it in order for people to go see it.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Yes I read that as well, but it's Reddit ... I take most things from there with a grain of salt. I have my speculations as well and I'll wait for it to be released before passing judgment. If that is all true and it's a money grab, then they can all go f themselves.

Also I can't stop laughing at your signature.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6499428]Yes I read that as well, but it's Reddit ... I take most things from there with a grain of salt. I have my speculations as well and I'll wait for it to be released before passing judgment. If that is all true and it's a money grab, then they can all go f themselves. Also I can't stop laughing at your signature.[/QUOTE] Same here and my signature is a real billboard from the Deadpool marketing team and i thought it was brilliant so i made it my sig. Cant believe its official.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I hope people that have never seen the trailer and only that billboard go into the movie and are like WTF?

Edit: LOL! (this is fan made but I'm still laughing)

[video=youtube;YkqLL1m-v0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqLL1m-v0k[/video]

Anyway yeah ... Cloverfield and such.

Last edited:

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6499539]I just hope the uneasy atmosphere from the trailer is there throughout the film, I'm hoping this is going to be and suspenseful.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it seemed pretty tense. Cloverfield was incredibly tense throughout.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6499405] Abrams says it's a "blood relative" to Cloverfield ... even though nobody has any idea what the hell he means. So maybe it's set in the same universe. Who knows?[/QUOTE]

Sort of like Prometheus was a blood relative of the Alien films?

Either way, I quite enjoyed Cloverfield as well, bit of a sleeper hit for me so I'll monitor developments with interest

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6499562]Yeah it seemed pretty tense. Cloverfield was incredibly tense throughout.[/QUOTE]
I think one reason the found footage style worked so well was that Hud, who recorded the event, mirrored the audience with his dialogue. For example, when they encounter the parasites in Beth's apartment building and he refers to them vaguely as terrible things. I've also always liked how Clover announced its presence right after Jason spoke this line to his brother Rob, "You just need to say 'forget the world' and hold on to the people that you care about the most."

My only complaint for Cloverfield is that the running time is an hour and fifteen minutes which felt too short for what was otherwise an entertaining monster movie.

After thinking about it some more though, I'm not expecting 10 Cloverfield Lane to be another monster movie similar to the original. It being a "blood relative" to Cloverfield could mean anything from the way its viral marketed to it being set in the same universe but many years in the future; where the people involved experience another horrific nightmare come true.