One feature I would love for PS4 is Custom Music for every game.
Overall I just want the PS4 to more streamlined, more multi-tasking (I.E you can browse the store while playing a game, use the internet Etc)
[QUOTE="Bravo9zero, post: 5946624]One feature I would love for PS4 is Custom Music for every game.
Overall I just want the PS4 to more streamlined, more multi-tasking (I.E you can browse the store while playing a game, use the internet Etc)[/QUOTE]
Music would be nice but I've said it before I'd only use it for MP games.
And I'm pretty sure my Vita does that other stuff (not sure I don't often multitask with it but Im sure you can go to the PS store while in game... hmmm.) So no excuse for PS4!
* Backwards Compatibiliy (at least for PS3 games)
* Custom Soundtracks: ability to play music while playing a game
* No HDCP: ability to use the HDMI output to record gameplay with a PVR like you can on Xbox 360
I would really like to see a party system like the 360 has. The chat that PS3 is really nothing special, I like would to be able to play games while I talk to my friends. Hopefully Sony will put enough RAMS to do so.
I avoided reading the OP so I could think of my own ideas
In no particular order:
1. Background download/install, up to 3 or 5 simultaneous
2. Access to PlayStation Store without launching an entire app. Stuff like online passes, DLC, and the like should be purchased and downloaded within the game itself.
3. Headphone port. I would love, love, LOVE a headphone port, or at least better support/drivers for USB headsets and mics.
4. REMOTE PLAY. I want Sony to FINALLY make do on the promise and potential of this feature, by creating a direct local connection to PS Vita so you can stream a video feed from your console to Vita anywhere in the house. Yes, I'm talking EXACTLY like the Wii U and Wii U Gamepad. Used it at a friends'; it's truly awesome. PS4 would even have a leg up by keeping Infrastructure Mode and allowing you to stream between the two over an Internet connection.
5. Streaming - there are so many forms this could take, but at the very least, I'd like to see PS1 and PS2 Classics (and a vast library of each) streamed directly to the PS4 and (by association, see #4) to Vita. As time goes on, I could also see Sony doing this for PSP games, whenever the system's production is discontinued.
6. PS3 Backwards Compatibility - this one's a long shot, but hey, it's a wish list, right?
7. Responsive XMB access in-game, allowing you to play music tracks, message friends, etc. Sony could even take this a step further and allow ambitious gamers to customize an overlay screen you can bring up at any time. Twitter updates? Recent Trophies / in-game accomplishments earned by friends?
8. Support for certain functions through iOS / smartphones - this one's a bit esoteric, but I could see it being really useful. I'd like to be able to do things like browse the PS Store, remotely turn on my system, queue up downloads, etc. via iPhone
9. Automatic firmware updates
10. Option to fully install disc-based games to the hard drive
One feature I would like the PS4 to have is, being able to watch what games your friends are playing. The advantages of this would be to check out another game before buying it. Also if your are stuck or don't know how to do a certain thing your friend can literally show you how to do it. You can also watch another games multiplayer match things like that. I think that would be a awesome feature.