100 On Metacritic at this time.

WaspMonkey

Forum Elder
Aug 16, 2007
Only 5 reviews, and 1 of them being a 99, doesn't really mean anything. Add in that there aren't too many major sites on there yet and I'd say that this is going to go down. My bet, a 93-94 when all is said and done. Possibly even a low 90's.

WaspMonkey

Forum Elder
Aug 16, 2007
I can't see it getting over a 95 as, to the best of my recollection, the highest of all time is Zelda: Ocarina of Time with a 99 and Grand Theft Auto IV with a 98 and Mario Galaxy is up there with a 97. Pretty hard to break a 95 it seems.

Jun 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Stoffinator, post: 0]Doesn't really deserve it to be honest. I hope it drops.[/quote]

I agree. 90 tops is what I'd give it, even though its extremely fun and addicting.

WaspMonkey

Forum Elder
Aug 16, 2007
Well I predicted a 93-94 after it was said and done and bam...just checked Metacritic and it is sitting at a 94 for both the 360 and PS3 versions. And a paltry 86 for the PC.

Smorkin Panda

Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
[QUOTE="Jules909, post: 0]great game but it doesn't deserve more than 90-95 if you ask me.[/quote]

Honestly I wouldn't give it even that high. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I play online pretty much at least every night and sometimes during the day heh. So it is great. But if you think about it's technical merits, I think you come up a little short.

Let's take a look;

Same graphics, they can tell us they are updated all they want but I was looking at my AUG HBAR the other day and was like damn, that looks a little like the gun models from COD 4 in terms of quality. They pretty much said the main thing they changed was how they program it...I find it funny they actually showed it off in interviews since basically what they showed was their setup making it easier for THEM to program the game...I guess so they can pop a new one out every 6 months (/sarcasm). Also I am surprised they didn't use the body deformations from World at War. I have a friend who won't play an FPS unless you can blow off limbs and such lol. I tend to agree with him that it would be kind of a cool added gore feature, though I would put that at a pretty low priority on my list of things I HAVE to have from COD.

Same game play, in the end this plays virtually identically to Modern Warfare 1. Now that isn't a bad thing heh, but it isn't as if they updated bullet detection and stuff like that (at least not from where I am sitting lol). Again I find this as one of the features that it was probably (at least to a certain extent) smart to not fix what isn't broken.

They upgraded the sound IMHO. It sounds better. I love the sound of the silenced rifles in this one, the surround sound is pretty good, I can really hear people behind me or to my right, whatever. And I thought the voice acting was pretty darn good.

Single-player...There is a single-player component to this game? OK just kidding, but you have to admit that it is a bit weak. I was one arguing that the length really wasn't a big deal as long as they told a good story and it was complete, and that just isn't the case. I got bored after only a few missions...It just didn't really grab me and pull me in.

Anyways these are just a few examples of why I think it deserves somewhere around an 8.5. Now of course my rating scale actually uses 1-10 it isn't just 7-10 like most writers these days heh. So 8.5 is well above average heh. I mean I honestly think that is part of the problem here, we have been kind of taught to think that any score below a 9 means the game is just OK and 9 and 10 are games we must have. This is one of the few times you will catch me saying that it is not just black and white...There are definitely shades of gray in the video game review world heh.

All that said, I have to admit I am not surprised by the metacritic score heh.

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="Cliché-Skating, post: 0]It wasnt.

How different was Uncharted 2 to Tomb Raider? :lol:[/quote]

Way to completely miss the point of his post :rolleyes::lol: