120hz

Jose007

Apr 8, 2020
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my tv to a ROG Strix 4k 120hz, getting ready for the ps5. Is it gonna be worth to use it for the ps4 pro, does it make a difference? Will it remove the screen tearing? I only know that it will improve the response time of 4ms.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my tv to a ROG Strix 4k 120hz, getting ready for the ps5. Is it gonna be worth to use it for the ps4 pro, does it make a difference? Will it remove the screen tearing? I only know that it will improve the response time of 4ms.
Uhmmm isn't ROG Strix a Laptop?

Anyway... no panel alone will get rid of Screen Tearing. VRR will... but PS4 Pro won't support it. Whatever you have in mind, just make sure it supports HDMI 2.1.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Uhmmm isn't ROG Strix a Laptop?

Anyway... no panel alone will get rid of Screen Tearing. VRR will... but PS4 Pro won't support it. Whatever you have in mind, just make sure it supports HDMI 2.1.
ROG Strix is a performance gaming brand within ASUS. It covers many components, including monitors.

Jose like Aquanox said the PS5 may support a method called Variable Refresh Rate (VRR). Those gaming monitors are less common (TVs support it more), but ROG Strix do have some gaming monitors that support VRR. Again, like Aquanox said, the PS5 will need to support HDMI 2.1 to utilise VRR.

Interestingly the current Xbox One X supports VRR through HDMI 2.0 (which I didn't think was possible).