13 must have acessories for VITA

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5667015]BS. It's about selling accessories at higher markup than cheaper non-proprietary alternatives which they could have used. End of story.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think so, alot of SONY products now support both SONY Memorystick and SD in the same slot.
This is purely to stop hacking, same as the locked internal battery.

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5668139]I really don't think so, alot of SONY products now support both SONY Memorystick and SD in the same slot.
This is purely to stop hacking, same as the locked internal battery.[/QUOTE]

To stop hacking is one of the benefits. However, they are doing it to milk the consumer.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5671984]To stop hacking is one of the benefits. However, they are doing it to milk the consumer.[/QUOTE]

Yep plus no doubt it will be hacked. Do yes milking is the reason.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5668139]I really don't think so, alot of SONY products now support both SONY Memorystick and SD in the same slot.
This is purely to stop hacking, same as the locked internal battery.[/QUOTE]
First, the format of the memory stick has dick to do with stopping hacking. Also, the internal battery, the fact that it's internal doesn't have anything to do with hacking or stopping it either. Neither of those two factors have any chance of stopping hacking. Neither the new memory stick format, nor the internal battery have anything to do with stopping hacking. Point blank, end of story.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5672109]It might be a bitch to get to though if you want to create a pandoras battery.[/QUOTE]
You're thinking on the wrong lines. After what happened with the PSP, there's no way they'll use a battery the same way. The fact that it isn't replaceable (which it will be like the ipods, etc. via third parties) doesn't really have anything to do with hacking.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5672329]That was my question too.... I'm jelly.[/QUOTE]Eurogamer expo i was even able to skip the public queue and go straight to it

Sep 8, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5666759]Sony is definitely not known for their security... sorry. It's a matter of who and when.[/QUOTE]I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5672408]Eurogamer expo i was even able to skip the public queue and go straight to it[/QUOTE]
Give us your impressions on the hardware, and what you played.
[QUOTE="Lair_Altair, post: 5672513]I find your lack of faith disturbing.[/QUOTE]
Awww... too bad.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Well I actually played the Vita this weekend too at EG expo, and Chille you're right - they can take my money :eek:

Seriously, the hardware is just gorgeous and it's not just the kind of attraction you get from playing/using something new. It's more than that!

Ergonomically it is verrrrry comfortable and you can tell it is very well built and solid, whilst being extremely light. The Sony guy talking through it with me said it was a 6 month old model (from E3 im guessing?) He said some internal hardware changes to the close to final build meant the device is a tad bit heavier, and that's not a problem to be fair because the weight of the ones they had at EG you could hold with one finger I swear, lol.

The first thing you see though, is that gorgeous screen. And whilst watching the Vita section from afar the screen is just gleeming and the viewing angle is very impressive. The buttons are great, and are different to the feel of DS3 buttons. They have a distinct clicky feel to them (not the loud clicky noise from buttons, just the feel), that I like, and just like the rest of the hardware, feel very well implemented. The same goes for the shoulder buttons - they are a lot more comfortable than the PSP ones, which at times could get awkward. The Vita shoulder buttons as you all know bend and compliment the shape of the rest of the device.

The analogs felt very comfortable, and were seemlessly adaptable on use. As in, after all these years using the Dualshock, your hand just adapts the position on the Vita naturally, without even having to think about it. I'm not sure if it has been confirmed or not but yeah the analogs dont click in :[. But all in all they were amazing and very precise and comfortable.

I got to play a couple of games; Soundshapes and Uncharted. Sound shapes was simple and fun, and really showed off the colours and pop of the screen, at first I was just content with the Sony guy going through the menus and telling me the features, it was just that gorgeous. Unfortunately there wasnt much touch controls in that game, it was a very simple 2d platformer/roller collecting shapes to make a song and avoiding the red parts of the level. Uncharted, though, can only be described as stunning! Smooth as silk, and as Uncharted-y as you'd expect. Sony Bend have done a real good job on this. The controls were what you'd expect and although the touch screen features of it (like using your finger to trace the route of where you want Drake to jump/climb) were cool, I think I'll still play it in the traditional way. I couldnt figure out how to reload though and I asked the guy and he said the gun just reloads upon finishing the clip, which I found pretty weird.. You probably had to press the gun logo with your finger on the touch or something. The grenades (L2 on ds3) worked by aiming down the sight of your currently equipt weapon, and just pressing down the grenade prompt that pops up on the side of the screen, which has Nate throw a nade in the aimed direction..I think I'm waffeling a bit but yeah it all worked very well and was extremely satisfying.

I'm really excited about getting my Vita, and getting to play it just cemented my desire to import it (if I can) otherwise Day1 when it realeases in the UK. It's a seriously impressive handheld with what seems like a huge interest (massive queues to play it) and potential (Most 3rd party support, tons of features, tons of casual and hardcore games, cross platform gaming). And to see a game as impressive looking as Uncharted: Golden Abyss up and running THAT good on the platform and ready for launch , it's crazy to think about what kinds of experiences developers can give us on the Vita in years to come!

I'm so ready ^_^

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5672580]Give us your impressions on the hardware, and what you played.

Awww... too bad.[/QUOTE]

The hardware was really well built, the analog sticks were as good as the dualshock 3 controller it was very reponsive and it felt lighter then the psp does.

I played uncharted the graphics are amazing, the touch screen controls take awhille to get used to, like pressing the gun to reload . Also i had trouble using the gyroscope but it was tied up so that didnt help.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
I'm seriously considering importing at least one from JPN when it releases, and just getting the other when it arrives in NA. Damn you guys are lucky to have been able to play it.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5672815]I'm seriously considering importing at least one from JPN when it releases, and just getting the other when it arrives in NA. Damn you guys are lucky to have been able to play it.[/QUOTE]

Im lucky i didnt have to wait in any line i had fast pass

Sep 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5672758]Well I actually played the Vita this weekend too at EG expo, and Chille you're right - they can take my money :eek: Seriously, the hardware is just gorgeous and it's not just the kind of attraction you get from playing/using something new. It's more than that!Ergonomically it is verrrrry comfortable and you can tell it is very well built and solid, whilst being extremely light. The Sony guy talking through it with me said it was a 6 month old model (from E3 im guessing?) He said some internal hardware changes to the close to final build meant the device is a tad bit heavier, and that's not a problem to be fair because the weight of the ones they had at EG you could hold with one finger I swear, lol.The first thing you see though, is that gorgeous screen. And whilst watching the Vita section from afar the screen is just gleeming and the viewing angle is very impressive. The buttons are great, and are different to the feel of DS3 buttons. They have a distinct clicky feel to them (not the loud clicky noise from buttons, just the feel), that I like, and just like the rest of the hardware, feel very well implemented. The same goes for the shoulder buttons - they are a lot more comfortable than the PSP ones, which at times could get awkward. The Vita shoulder buttons as you all know bend and compliment the shape of the rest of the device.The analogs felt very comfortable, and were seemlessly adaptable on use. As in, after all these years using the Dualshock, your hand just adapts the position on the Vita naturally, without even having to think about it. I'm not sure if it has been confirmed or not but yeah the analogs dont click in :[. But all in all they were amazing and very precise and comfortable.I got to play a couple of games; Soundshapes and Uncharted. Sound shapes was simple and fun, and really showed off the colours and pop of the screen, at first I was just content with the Sony guy going through the menus and telling me the features, it was just that gorgeous. Unfortunately there wasnt much touch controls in that game, it was a very simple 2d platformer/roller collecting shapes to make a song and avoiding the red parts of the level. Uncharted, though, can only be described as stunning! Smooth as silk, and as Uncharted-y as you'd expect. Sony Bend have done a real good job on this. The controls were what you'd expect and although the touch screen features of it (like using your finger to trace the route of where you want Drake to jump/climb) were cool, I think I'll still play it in the traditional way. I couldnt figure out how to reload though and I asked the guy and he said the gun just reloads upon finishing the clip, which I found pretty weird.. You probably had to press the gun logo with your finger on the touch or something. The grenades (L2 on ds3) worked by aiming down the sight of your currently equipt weapon, and just pressing down the grenade prompt that pops up on the side of the screen, which has Nate throw a nade in the aimed direction..I think I'm waffeling a bit but yeah it all worked very well and was extremely satisfying.I'm really excited about getting my Vita, and getting to play it just cemented my desire to import it (if I can) otherwise Day1 when it realeases in the UK. It's a seriously impressive handheld with what seems like a huge interest (massive queues to play it) and potential (Most 3rd party support, tons of features, tons of casual and hardcore games, cross platform gaming). And to see a game as impressive looking as Uncharted: Golden Abyss up and running THAT good on the platform and ready for launch , it's crazy to think about what kinds of experiences developers can give us on the Vita in years to come!I'm so ready ^_^[/QUOTE]Thanks for your views I'm so pumped for Vita hopefully it comes to the UK ASAP!!!

tbx59

Apprentice
Jun 4, 2010
thanks for the hands-on comments. The thing looks beautiful; psp was a good design, and this seems to have taken it to a new level.

How was the back touch screen?

tbx59

Apprentice
Jun 4, 2010
oh, and thanks for being English and using words like whilst not ironically or whimsically

(I think I'm more than ready for PSV, whilst watching american football earlier this morn, I hooked up my ps3 to the portable dvd player - I need uncharted on a portable.)

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5673035]with no L3 and R3 in the thumbsticks of those that have touched it, would it be all that difficult to have the top left L2 and bottom left rear touch L3?How else will we run when we remote play Killzone.[/QUOTE]The vita at event was 6 month old could of added the l3 and r3 button since then as it wasnt the final build

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
So it looks like out of those ill be picking up the Charging dock, memory card case, 32gig memory card and later on down the road maybe a 2nd one, and a car charger, probably some screen protectors too just in case. I kind of figured half of these things were going to be released. Certainly wouldnt call most of them MUST HAVES except for maybe the charging dock and memory cards.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Ariakace, post: 5673051]So it looks like out of those ill be picking up the Charging dock, memory card case, 32gig memory card and later on down the road maybe a 2nd one, and a car charger, probably some screen protectors too just in case. I kind of figured half of these things were going to be released. Certainly wouldnt call most of them MUST HAVES except for maybe the charging dock and memory cards.[/QUOTE]

Memory card isnt a must have unless you buy alot from store

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
The Vita does have L3/R3, the ModNation Racers game proved it. Unless they took it out but I doubt it, games like COD will use those a lot and people who are used to the series probably won't enjoy as much if they have to use the touch pad as a substitute, so Sony will probably put them in.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
(I cant quote to replies cos the forum is being wank)

You're welcome guys.

Regarding the back pad, I didn't come across a situation where I had to use it unfortunately. Though, my brother got to play Little Deviants which had a mini game like whack the mole. He had to touch down wherever a deviant appeared on screen, if the deviant was facing forward at you, you touch the front panel on his face, if his back is towards you, you touch the corresponding location on the back pad. He described it as quick and responsive, which is all you could ask for I guess

Whoever came up with the idea of having ex, circle, square, triangle flooded across the back pad deserves a medal! Some people probably dislike it, but it looks seriously cool ^_^

Regarding L3 and R3: I think they could just imprement them on the touch screen, for example to run you'd expect to click down L3 but instead you could just tap the general left hand side area of the screen and you run, same for R3 and the right hand side of the screen. It probably sounds awkward, but because the analog sticks are really close to the screen it means analog -> screen tapping (with thumb), can be done hassle free

Yeah Aaron, I do remember that video that showed L3/R3 on modnation..and Chille could be right about them adding it to the final product considering they only had 6month old ones at EG. I sincerely hope they do have them, but then again it wouldnt be the end of the world!

Last edited: