14 Minute BF3 Alpha Multiplayer Montage

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
[video=youtube;jyy0BideDR8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyy0BideDR8&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

I know how much we've been looking forward to this. This is absolutely incredible.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I love you...

I love the player animations when they vault over things. Looks... fantastic. Shooting looks good as well, nice amount of recoil. Seems they've blagged BC2 sounds though, what isn't a bad thing at all!

Looks like they've taken some inspiration from CS:S when he gets the knife out as well! Only thing i don't like about the knife is the short little cinematic it does. Looks like you could be vulnerable for sometime time whilst stabbing them

Last edited:

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
I'm in love with the whole thing :D

Yeah I can see the knife thing getting in the way. However I'm much happier they don't have a "quick slice and you're dead" thing. Takes away from the effect of it really.

Honestly, the visuals are so captivating. I just can't believe it, and this is in Alpha phase. Might have to buy another 5770 to keep up with this thing.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Yeah no doubt it will remove the amount of people flying around the map and stabbing you before you even had a chance to aim at them, what is a good thing.

I can see where your coming from Rapture, the more we see of it, it does look like any other shooter but I'm still feeling optimistic that it will be a good shooter. The only thing i'm not happy about is EA's dick move of not releasing it on Steam.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
Yeah the non steam release is pissing me off. I suppose I can deal with it though.

That and the lack of mod tools.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Yeah they are really shooting themselves in the foot with some of the decisions they are making. You know the only reason they don't want mod tools is because they want to sell us THEIR dlc.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
This game is gonna be so awesome.
Friend in the alpha was telling me that in the subway he would shoot out all the lights in the area making it dark then hide behind a pillar waiting for enemies. Also forcing enemies to use flashlights to give away their positions.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
Bleh...I'll wait to see more videos...not enough people or carnage.

Also I'm not too happy to be reminded of BC2 one bit...hate that alarm sound because it reminds me of not enough people attacking and defending lol...and you don't see enough people playing in this either.

I really don't like the modes they have had for so many years now...they need to try new and better things...I think the old modes don't really utilize the game as much as it should.

There's a lot of balancing issues involved.

Last edited:

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Cant wait, sadly stuck with only the PS3 version (refuse to support multiple digital distribution services, unless its a good deal - hopefully if more dont buy the PC version, EA will learn to put the games back on Steam. I doubt Steam had much of any involvement.)

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Been playing the Alpha and from what I've played I like it. It is very close to BC2 (as you'd probably imagine) but feels slightly faster and tighter. Only thing I don't like is the way the game launches but I think that's just cause of the stage it's at.

Looking forward to playing some more later

BBK Is Tapatalking

A

abg1981

Yay to being able to go prone. Thats one aspect that i would have liked to have seen in BC2. Also, i do prefer the knife to be a selectable weapon rather than it just being an assigned weapon. i felt it was too unreliable the way it was in BC2! Still, this will probably be my game of choice in the BF Vs COD MW3! Not that i have anything against MW3 as such, but i do find battlefield games have a more entertaining multiplayer for me personally.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="BoyBettaKnow, post: 5618056]Been playing the Alpha and from what I've played I like it. It is very close to BC2 (as you'd probably imagine) but feels slightly faster and tighter. Only thing I don't like is the way the game launches but I think that's just cause of the stage it's at.

Looking forward to playing some more later

BBK Is Tapatalking[/QUOTE]

I told myself not to get excited.

If it's anything like BC2, I'm waiting for it in the bargain bin.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Is prone really that big of a deal?
The more I see of these vids the less convinced I am of buying it, also its not on Steam due to whatever stupid reason they can make up.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Try it first Sufi, I wasn't the greatest BC2 fan (but i did enjoy it) from what i've played it feels better. Give it a rent or try the open beta when thats out.

Abg - You can still quick knife without having to select it as a weapon though you can run around with a knife or grenade as well.

Yeah the massive downfall being that i had to install Origin to use the beta, as soon as it's over i'm untinstalling it.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="BoyBettaKnow, post: 5618202]Try it first Sufi, I wasn't the greatest BC2 fan (but i did enjoy it) from what i've played it feels better. Give it a rent or try the open beta when thats out.

Abg - You can still quick knife without having to select it as a weapon though you can run around with a knife or grenade as well.

Yeah the massive downfall being that i had to install Origin to use the beta, as soon as it's over i'm untinstalling it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5618218]I will say this Sufi, it's nothing like BFBC2.[/QUOTE]

Yea I watched another beta video and it does seem more smooth than the previous games...at the same time, the whole drop-to-the-ground-while-shooting is now there that we used to see on COD games. Which is BS.

If I need to lay down while shooting (5-30 feet away from an enemy), then I need to work on my footwork and aim.

I understand if someone needs to drop down if the fight is long range...which I still wouldn't do but whatever. I hate this style of play and it's back!

Though the movements are a lot tighter, which is good but I really just want better modes. If they get that right, I don't care about anything else. NEW MODES!

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
As you can see by my avatar... I'm excited. The gameplay looks really great, and I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I'm looking forward to seeing some new maps this game has to offer -- it seems like every video we've seen is centered around the Metro map.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
Which is stupid because they should be focusing around showing us the tech and so far we've seen grass and some metro stuff and barely any destruction.

It makes you feel like it's the same old stuff...but like I said, I'll wait to see more videos. The engine they have in their hands is amazing and I really hope they utilize it to its fullest.

imo DICE's biggest weakness with BC series has been that they never utilize the engine well.

They have huge maps and destruction but they never take advantage of the maps well (due to very low amount of modes) and destruction seems pointless (usually very few buildings to destroy, mostly terrain).

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
The alpha is, first of all, covered by an NDA. It isn't meant to be shown to the public.

Secondly, this is a test on the back end. Server load, Origin (and all of its features which I can't comment on), and basic balance of the classes.

The real huge test comes in September with the open beta.