1M MGS4 Pre-Orders

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
Why is this so hard to believe? You're all a bunch of pessimists. I have no doubt there is a million pre-orders at Gamestop/EB-Games nationwide with at least another 500,000 in other chains and this is in the US alone. I fully expect 4.5-6 million copies sold worldwide.

fiero911

Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2007
Whoa..that is a huge number.....seems Konami have recovered there cost already. I woudnt belive it but if it is tru then i expect atleast 6-7 mil copies of the game sold in its lifetime

dogg2k78

Dedicated Member
Nov 20, 2006
Well I will be 1 million and 1. This game is going to be awesome. But I also can't wait for Final Fantasy 13. This is going to be a crazy year for the Ps3.

Eddian!

Superior Member
Dec 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="N.HalesLegacy, post: 0]I dont believe it. Maybe a million pre-orders world wide from every store taking pre-orders but not in just one chain of game stores in america.[/quote]

Gamestop is not just only one game store... its part of the most important chain of games stores in America: Gamestop + Electronics's Boutique + EB Games + EBX. And America is the leading country (of the whole world) in console and games sales....

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="death_by_shadow, post: 0]he didnt say one store, he meant the whole chain. and considering gamestop also owns EB games thats a hell of a lot of stores, but i still dont think its enough for one million nationwide. world wide without a problem, but not nation wide.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I meant, sorry should have been more clear :|
On a side note, I haven't pre-ordered mine yet incase theres a CE or LE version

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="TH3 GAM3, post: 0]June is the last month of the second quarter so it most likely will be June.[/quote]
Just because it's the last month doesn't mean it's going to be in June. It could be in May, that's a possibility. As I said, if it hasn't been confirmed by Konami, then it's not set in stone.

A

Anbu_Evolution

hmmm...maybe i need to add to that pre-order statistic.......

Anyways, I think Peyton himself said that he was misquoted about the 1 million on launch day thing. He never said that MGS4 needed to sell 1 million copy on launch day in order for them to profit. He said he was simply misquoted and I believe him. I don't see how selling 500,000 copies on one day and another 500,000 another day be considered a failure.

Jan 18, 2008
I would like to know which store has 80 preorders already, that seems like a bogus figure. They're not even sure on the exact release date yet. June 17 is what is stated in the books but I highly doubt that will stay.

Mar 7, 2007
im gonna go pre-order one soon. My only problem with preorder was that i hate the idiots working at e/b games and gamestop. Any store ive been to has been filled by morons. But, given that the pre-order numbers are starting to get noticed i may just have to do it.

T

Toaddio

[QUOTE="seebs, post: 0]If we assume 150 orders average per store, across all gamestops... I don't think we're even CLOSE to a million.[/QUOTE]

150 preorders per US store would probably be 600,000 total. It would take 250 per store to hit 1 million. My guess is it's a kid who confused the old rumor of "we must sell 1 million the first day".

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
People are getting really silly now. How can some store employee know the preorder number world wide? I was told a similar number for halo 3 as well and it made sense because were not just talking about the gamestop locations we are also talking about, Eb games, EBX and the other stores in their chains.

I am surprised at how many people are quick to call foul without even thinking about it first.

Also isn't 1 million a little low for a title like MGS?

[QUOTE="Toaddio, post: 0]150 preorders per US store would probably be 600,000 total. It would take 250 per store to hit 1 million. My guess is it's a kid who confused the old rumor of "we must sell 1 million the first day".[/quote]

Given the line I was in for halo 3..... 250 per store seems believable. I am not doing that again but the amount of preorders doesn't sound of. It takes only 5 bucks to put down a pre order and there is no real belief that "ALL" of the preorders will be fulfilled.

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
If we assume 150 orders average per store, across all gamestops... I don't think we're even CLOSE to a million.
We'd probably be well over. There's a town center near where I live, and there's 3 within 3 minutes driving distance of each other, and one in a Mall close by. GS is the Starbucks of the gaming world.

hyelife

Apprentice
May 5, 2005
Halo 3 had upwards of 300 pre-orders in some stores so I don't see how its impossible for MGS. Also I said over 150 pre-orders.

360Spider

Super Elite
Nov 22, 2006
[QUOTE="VayMasters86, post: 0]We'd probably be well over. There's a town center near where I live, and there's 3 within 3 minutes driving distance of each other, and one in a Mall close by. GS is the Starbucks of the gaming world.[/quote]

Where I live, there are 3 within 3-5 minutes apart. And there are 2 Gamestops and 1 EB Games in ONE mall.

mcav

Elite Guru
Jan 12, 2007
A million pre orders world wide is good anyway.

Why do people feel the need to rain on good news?

Day 1 purchase for me anyway - without pre-ordering.

rbrtchng

Forum Guru
Aug 25, 2006
[QUOTE="Thugnificent, post: 0]I don't believe it because most Store allow Pre Order after an official release date is official.[/quote]

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=270173

There is proof that you can preorder the game.

I think it's possible, but unlikely. 1M preorder would be incredible, but I highly doubt that's true especially because of what you are basing this info from: a GS employee.

Glacia

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2007
Gamers are willing to do everything they can to keep MGS4 off of the 360 it seems. 1 million pre-orders in the US seems entirely possible as MGS4 is the last in the series... WW we're probably looking at 2-2.5 million... Could MGS4 break Halo 3's 24 hr total? It's going to be interesting to see.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Don't believe it. 1 million in one country for one chain? That would mean insane amounts have been preordered worldwide. Like...millions...

Although i want to believe it, i don't.

Glacia

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2007
[QUOTE="Carl, post: 0]Don't believe it. 1 million in one country for one chain? That would mean insane amounts have been preordered worldwide. Like...millions...

Although i want to believe it, i don't.[/quote]

Do you realize how many chains Gamestop owns? EBgames, EBX, Babbages, Gamestop stores etc. It is entirely possible, but I'm going to take this with a grain of salt... If it does happen though I can see Payton creaming his pants.

-=*7*=-

[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]i think the guy is saying that there are 1 million pre-orders for MGS4 in america...
in all the gamestops and eb worlds.
i have my copy pre-ordered[/quote]

Well there are over 5500 Gamestops. So that's 825,000 games if you considered 150 per store as an average. I would tend to think that was stretching it. :suspect:

Will it sell multi millions? Without a doubt! Will it be Game of the Decade? Very possible. This has never just been an action game or shooter. Kojima San has a way of telling a powerful story that somehow has many elements of truth tucked away in it's corners. Sometimes I wonder if he has a good enough insurance policy. In case many of those in governments and corporations would think he's getting a little too close to the truth and might want to see him have an accident.

This being the last in the series, you can bet he's pulling out all the Stops on this one. It will be a no holds barred game of action, political intrigue, and corporate Tom Foolery gone deadly!

In the first few months it will sell between 3 to 4 million worldwide. Over it's entire life span expect it to be well beyond 10,000,000 in sales and be talked about for decades! ....that's what they're saying inside the inner circle of Konami!!!

Jan 13, 2006
United States
I'm getting it day one for sure. On the sales front, I don't think it has been a top contender though.

This latest one seems to have the hype to push it into a top seller. Taking in the fact that it is the last MGS will give a lot of sales as well.

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
[QUOTE="Toaddio, post: 0]150 preorders per US store would probably be 600,000 total. It would take 250 per store to hit 1 million. My guess is it's a kid who confused the old rumor of "we must sell 1 million the first day".[/QUOTE]

Was there somthing like 12000 stores selling games world wide.
Humm about 100 pre-order per store world wide will do 1 million copy in day 1.
Konami idd not say anything on thier pre-order from retailers.
I hope it will be over 700K for 1st week shippment in Japan.