1M MGS4 Pre-Orders

Jul 21, 2007
I don't see it.

Halo 3 was the fist game to get a million preorders in the US and there was plenty of press for it. Not to mention this number was hit in early Aug.

And working at Gamestop I know that most of the people that work their are douchebags. My store had like 300 for Halo and we probably have 50-80 for MGS right now.

Recipe7

Apprentice
Feb 13, 2008
Is it me or does it seem that nationwide should be changed to worldwide? Does anyone have official numbers of any other games that have been reserved by fans months before its release, such as Gran Turismo, or Grand Theft Auto? Comparison would probably show the true numbers.

May 20, 2007
I have no doubt that this game will be successful. DMC managed to sell around 500k on the first week on the PS3 alone, according to the unmentionable site. This is a much bigger game. There is absolutely no reason now for this game to be released on anything but the intended platform.

rukusa

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
I geuss my October pre-order was not in vain :].

Anyway, regardless of these preorder figures MGS4 will indeed sell very well I believe. No cause to worry.

tegstar83

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2008
Every one that intends on getting this game and those that dont should show support for the PS3 and Konami for bringing us one the best story of the whole entire video games history, I urge u to go out and pre-order this game NOW!

AmwayCrew

Superior Member
Feb 19, 2007
Gamestop, including eb games and all the other stores they own, has 5,000 retail stores. Theres no way they have 1 million pre orders, but theres possibly 1 million pre orders sold allready.

XD

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
sh&^, I dont usually preorder since i like to know if the games i buy are good before i buy. but i might have to to get my hands on this one

Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="KanZolo, post: 0]I don't see it.

Halo 3 was the fist game to get a million preorders in the US and there was plenty of press for it. Not to mention this number was hit in early Aug.

And working at Gamestop I know that most of the people that work their are douchebags. My store had like 300 for Halo and we probably have 50-80 for MGS right now.[/QUOTE]

God Of War 2 had a million pre-orders I think.

Baki

Master Guru
Nov 13, 2007
I can see it at +1M retail pre-orders though. 1M actual pre-orders could actually be quiter possible. This game will be as big for the PS3 as MGS 2 was for PS2. Heck, it'll be as big as the first ever MGS.

Baki

Master Guru
Nov 13, 2007
[QUOTE="tamud, post: 0]Then guys show some real proof[/QUOTE]
This is conjecture and anecdotal evidence for now. Speculation thread only.

B

BabeBro

I got my pre-order and recently got my pre-order for GTA 4 when I picked up my copy of DMC 4 CE.

ColinMcP

Superior Member
Jun 6, 2007
[QUOTE="KanZolo, post: 0]I don't see it.

And working at Gamestop I know that most of the people that work their are douchebags. My store had like 300 for Halo and we probably have 50-80 for MGS right now.[/quote]

I believe Halo 2 actually had more pre orders if you look back...

Mo-thug

Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2005
the internet store i work for still isnt ready to take pre orders for mgs4, i would of liked to see how the preorders was for the game.

oh well, until the date is in stone our store will allow pre orders

[QUOTE="TGO, post: 0]1M US Pre-Orders nationwide is more believable, but not one store[/QUOTE]

Wow, I don't get it. Yes, this is rumor but the guy said that the Gamestop told him there were one million pre-orders TOTAL, NOT at just one store! How are people getting this? I personally don't find it hard to believe. There's a LOT of MGS fans. I wouldn't expect the game to pre-order or frankly sell as much as Halo 3, at least not as fast, but 1 million isn't THAT big of a number. Why's it so hard to believe?