1M MGS4 Pre-Orders

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
Were there even a million Halo 3 preorders? I don't know, this seems fishy to me. Metal Gear fans are crazy, but I don't think there are enough to all PREORDER the game when, for most people, the idea of paying for something months before you get it is sort of stupid. I'd love to be wrong, though.

tegstar83

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2008
[QUOTE="bobtheduck, post: 0]Were there even a million Halo 3 preorders? I don't know, this seems fishy to me. Metal Gear fans are crazy, but I don't think there are enough to all PREORDER the game when, for most people, the idea of paying for something months before you get it is sort of stupid. I'd love to be wrong, though.[/quote]

A pre-order is not so u pay for it months in advance its so that u reserve urself a copy,
how many people pre-orderd their PS3's and waited in the cold for one?

Saix7

Superior Member
May 5, 2007
It's probably 1 million worldwide, and if so then that's great news! Also it's release is months away so there will probably be more pre-orders coming in as well.

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
MGS4 is only expected as a 4 million unit franchise.
1 million pre-order in US is a little over the top.
With the kind of PS3 install base I really doubted if it will sale over 4 million.

hyelife

Apprentice
May 5, 2005
[QUOTE="hisame, post: 0]MGS4 is only expected as a 4 million unit franchise.
1 million pre-order in US is a little over the top.
With the kind of PS3 install base I really doubted if it will sale over 4 million.[/quote]
How is it expected to be a 4m unit franchise? Who decided that?

Shadowstar

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2006
[QUOTE="hyelife, post: 0]How is it expected to be a 4m unit franchise? Who decided that?[/QUOTE]

Well, historical data would give that as a guesstimate... MGS3 sold 3.6 million copies (plus additional units from Subsistence). Of course, it's the first one on the console, so it might end up being higher thanks to hype. MGS2 sold 7 million...

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
[QUOTE="Shadowstar, post: 0]Well, historical data would give that as a guesstimate... MGS3 sold 3.6 million copies (plus additional units from Subsistence). Of course, it's the first one on the console, so it might end up being higher thanks to hype. MGS2 sold 7 million...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I don't want to make personal comment to other people.
From the kind of spead we get on PS3 4M is about a good estimate.
Like you said who knows, there is not many games to pick at the launch date.
Maybe most will just pick it up to try the big fuzz.

Smog282

Super Elite
Aug 9, 2007
[QUOTE="TH3 GAM3, post: 0]Well I actually, GameStop had 1 million pre-orders of Halo 3 before it came out.[/quote]

and that sold 8 million copies; great news for MGS4 is it's poised to sell that much!

G

Gogeta

[QUOTE="Smog282, post: 0]and that sold 8 million copies; great news for MGS4 is it's poised to sell that much![/QUOTE]

it doesn't always work like that, i for one am not getting this game because i'm so lost on the story, haven't played MGS since MGS2 and not used to stealth games, but that's just me.

Dec 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Gogeta, post: 0]it doesn't always work like that, i for one am not getting this game because i'm so lost on the story, haven't played MGS since MGS2 and not used to stealth games, but that's just me.[/quote]
You dont need to play the previous MGS games, to understand the story of MGS4.

Plus, I don't think you should miss out on an awesome game like this, even if you are lost in the story.

N

N.HalesLegacy

[QUOTE="sony_2007, post: 2503823]I have no need to pre-order MGS 4, considering that I work for Best Buy and can most likely grab it as it comes off the truck upon arrival...[/quote]

Store clerks do not get that benefit. All products have to be accounted for before they can start selling. Employees dont get the benefit of holding new items, especially high demand items.

[QUOTE="retsiger, post: 0]i preordered 3 just in case i scratch or lose one of em[/quote]

Thats $180 right there, if you live in the US, more else were. You planning on selling them or something? you wont make back your money.

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
Store clerks do not get that benefit. All products have to be accounted for before they can start selling. Employees dont get the benefit of holding new items, especially high demand items.
That doesn't stop people from doing it. I know people who do it all the time.

[QUOTE="N.HalesLegacy, post: 0]Store clerks do not get that benefit. All products have to be accounted for before they can start selling. Employees dont get the benefit of holding new items, especially high demand items.

Thats $180 right there, if you live in the US, more else were. You planning on selling them or something? you wont make back your money.[/quote]

LOller, thank god you live in America, over here three copies would set you back £150, thats $300!!!