2 Main Things I Want On PS4!!

F

Flaw3d Genius

1: New Control Pad : Dual shock just feels so dated now, If Sony stay on the small hand side of things then we need a Western version of it.

2: Proper integrated online system like Xbox Live, If it means paying £25-30 a year so be it! It's worth it.

MonkeyClaw

Elite Guru
Oct 18, 2006
I still love the design of the Dualshock controller! Now I do wish it would have some updated haptic feedback and/or sensors, but the overall design is just so familiar with me since I have been using the same design since the PS1. I am curious what they plan to do to spruce it up this generation...as for the online system, I hope that Playstation Plus kicks it up a notch and becomes a better online service that it currently is as well, but I also think a lot of the basic stuff should remain free like they are doing now.

Foraeli

Superior Member
Dec 28, 2012
Oklahoma
No! We need Dual Shock! Lol. But some proper triggers would be awesome.

Here is something I want to add: We need some sort of game capture (not video capture) where you can replay your gameplay and control it in a 3D environment (think Halo's Theater Mode) and be given the option to render a high quality 4K video @60fps. I think this would be too awesome!

MonkeyClaw

Elite Guru
Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Foraeli, post: 5982466]No! We need Dual Shock! Lol. But some proper triggers would be awesome.

Here is something I want to add: We need some sort of game capture (not video capture) where you can replay your gameplay and control it in a 3D environment (think Halo's Theater Mode) and be given the option to render a high quality 4K video @60fps. I think this would be too awesome![/QUOTE]

I agree with the triggers, they really need to fix that in the next Dualshock! I had to buy these to keep my fingers from slipping when play online shooters:

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Triggers-Controller-Attachments-Playstation-3/dp/B001AW156U

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
I agree with Robvandam111, and i think they should do something like they did on the vita and put some steel rings around the dualshock hole and the shaft of the stick (that sounds so dirty) to prevent severe wear.

I dont care about backwards compatability seeing as im no longer planning on ever trading in another game, or system unless it becomes a necessity. Ill keep my PS3 and all 70 games, and peripherals.

I would actually be okay with more strict used game sales, and i have no problem with activation codes. especially now where you get more from a game when you pre-order it and buy it new. I know a lot of people cant afford to buy every new game they want. neither can i, so i dont, and i dont care if you or they cant because it doesnt affect me. fend for yourselves.

That being said, I want motion controls eliminated, they were gimmicky at best, and nintendo is the only company who got it right, MS and Sony shouldnt bother with them. Microsoft worked with the Kinect, let them play with that, but the PSMOVE was a complete failure. end it. Support the Vita as a second screen controller for games worthy of it. Uncharted works for this kind of thing, gimmicky, yes, but it proved that it has a lot of potential.

In game music. the first x-box was the only time i ever used this playing GTA San Andreas with a full lineup of Slayer, Metallica, Godsmack, and Megadeth's complete discography. over 500 songs that i actually liked as opposed to the 7 on the original soundtrack i did like.

Theres more, but i have to work. again. 3 days and ive worked 34 hours. if i keep this up ill be able to afford a new tv, both next gen consoles, a new car, and any game i want. i just wont have 10 minutes of the day to play any of them.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
My hands would reject a new controller like the body rejects a foreign organ. Haha

They could lower the L2 R2 buttons a tad though. As far as the online system goes, it will. Vita has XGC, easy matchmaking and all the social interaction the PS3 lacks, and it's still free.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
If I have to pay for online then forget it. That's what the bill with Time Warner is for, internet connection.

I like the dualshock but I will say I like the feel of the 360 controller just a bit more.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I don't want the DS to go. It is by far my favorite control ever made. For me it is very comfortable. I know others will argue that the xbox controller is more comfortable but I don't share that opinion. I think like many have said that it needs to have actual triggers. That would be enough of an addition for next gen for me. Let's not forget what happened last time Sony ventured out and designed a new controller.

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5984732]I don't want the DS to go. It is by far my favorite control ever made. For me it is very comfortable. I know others will argue that the xbox controller is more comfortable but I don't share that opinion. I think like many have said that it needs to have actual triggers. That would be enough of an addition for next gen for me. Let's not forget what happened last time Sony ventured out and designed a new controller.

[/QUOTE]

^^
I still want to use that controller. I dont care wtf it looks liks. I care about how it feels in my hand to hold and use.

Everyone just hated the look but not a single person held one in their hand to confirm whether it was better or worse then the traditional dualshock. Never judge a book by its cover.

We all could've missed out on the best controller ever made for all we know because people were so petty on the fact that it looks differently.

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
True. Just by looking at it to me, I don't think it would be comfortable. The button alignment just looks off. But who knows. It sure as hell was goofy looking.

Gantz

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2007
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5982570]If I have to pay for online then forget it. That's what the bill with Time Warner is for, internet connection.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I always hated that with the 360

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
The DS3 is fine, but they need to change the R2 and L2 buttons. Here is my list of must haves on the PS4.

1. Optional HDD replacement just like the PS3.

2. Enough RAM to last 7 years

3. A dashboard that exceeds the Xbox.

4. Cross game chat

5. 4+ USB ports

6. All of my store purchases must be transferable to the PS4.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5985074]The DS3 is fine, but they need to change the R2 and L2 buttons. Here is my list of must haves on the PS4.

4. Cross game chat

5. 4+ USB ports

6. All of my store purchases must be transferable to the PS4.[/QUOTE]

I like all of these suggestions.

rycexboi

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2005
cgi.ebay.com
Only flaw I want fixed from the DS pad is being able to toggle the trigger buttons to a normal click button on the fly and better grips on the analog stick. My thumbs are always slipping off from it and having to adjust.

Jul 21, 2010
[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5984732]I don't want the DS to go. It is by far my favorite control ever made. For me it is very comfortable. I know others will argue that the xbox controller is more comfortable but I don't share that opinion. I think like many have said that it needs to have actual triggers. That would be enough of an addition for next gen for me. Let's not forget what happened last time Sony ventured out and designed a new controller.

[/QUOTE]

Really a shame Sony didn't atleast give us the chance to use it, I heard from veriest testers it was real comfy and fit your hands rather big or small. People just like to complain this gen

nye99

Apprentice
Apr 18, 2008
Wales
The duel shock needs to stay, just needs a little update though. Better triggers and a slightly different mold design. I would rather it without all the indents, grooves and ridges, they are not needed and just gather dust and crap. The 'L' and 'R' on the front of the pad need to go, they are not needed whatsoever.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="KillingSpree0, post: 5985180]Really a shame Sony didn't atleast give us the chance to use it, I heard from veriest testers it was real comfy and fit your hands rather big or small. People just like to complain this gen[/QUOTE]

Yeah it had been very bad this gen.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5982570]If I have to pay for online then forget it. That's what the bill with Time Warner is for, internet connection.[/QUOTE]

So one would assume by that logic you don't use services such as Netflix or other video on demand/streaming services?
I'd happily pay £30 a year for a decent online service. Hardly a bank breaker.

For me:

Larger pad. You can keep the same layout I just want the pad a little bit bigger so I can have a better grip on to it. Extend the handles maybe.

Assuming Sony keep it so I can change my own HDD I'd like it that every game was released as a digital download at the same time of release and was priced correctly. Fuck am I paying £55 for a digital version of a game. £30 however is much more reasonable.

BBK. Tapatalking

Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="Flaw3d Genius, post: 5982449]1: New Control Pad : Dual shock just feels so dated now, If Sony stay on the small hand side of things then we need a Western version of it.

2: Proper integrated online system like Xbox Live, If it means paying £25-30 a year so be it! It's worth it.[/QUOTE]

1. No, they struck gold with the Dualshock and changing the design for no reason would be stupid and pointless.

2. PSN is good enough and PSN+ fulfills any additional needs.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5985477]1. No, they struck gold with the Dualshock and changing the design for no reason would be stupid and pointless.[/QUOTE]

Apart from the fact it's too small and thin. my ideal pad would be similar size to the 360 pad but with the dualshock layout and without the battery pack on the back

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5985074]The DS3 is fine, but they need to change the R2 and L2 buttons. Here is my list of must haves on the PS4.

4. Cross game chat

5. 4+ USB ports

6. All of my store purchases must be transferable to the PS4.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes, DS4 is must Sony need to that classic design & just had newer tech to it
and have 30+ PSN games that are locked to my PS3, if I can't transfer or access them I'm gonna feel like I wasted money, that I hate DLC.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
All i want is my 3 console requirements met. 1 - At least 5 games announced within the first 2 years i want to play. 2 - At least somewhat traditional controller packed in with the console. 3 - Free online service with optional pay service like Sony has now with PS3. Only thing stopping me from buying a Wii U is #1 there isn't even one game i want for it yet. Besides that stuff though i would really like SSD and Oculus Rift support but i doubt it.