2010 Formula 1 Tipping Competition Interest?

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
Would anyone be interested in participating in one?

If this gets enough interest, I'll write up some rules and what we can tip on in the coming days.
:D

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
[QUOTE="Surebrec, post: 0]I was thinking it was some sort of wager system[/quote]

i think you must be right, i wouldn't be in for money but would def use SP instead .... if thats what this is indeed about?

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
I was thinking we each put in 1000sp and the winner at the end of the 2010 F1 season collects a majority of it, with 2nd and 3rd place also collecting some.

Things We Would Be Tipping On

QUALIFYING
Pole Position (5 points)

RACE
1st place (5 points)
2nd place (3 points)
3rd place (2 points)
(If you get all three in the correct order, you'll receive 20 points instead of 10 points)

Fastest Lap (5 points)

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
[QUOTE="John25, post: 0]meh lets make it a bit more interesting and raise the SP up to 10,000 a piece[/quote]

Maybe not that much :p but I'm willing to put in more if everyone else is???

What's everyone think of 2000sp? 5000sp?

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
[QUOTE="John25, post: 0]ok so are we going to pick 3 Drivers each ?[/quote]

Any drivers you want. You can pick 5 different drivers if you want.

All if you have to do is send me a PM with your tips BEFORE qualifying starts.

Example:

Hey Don,
here are my tips for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Pole Position: Fernando Alonso

1st place: Alonso
2nd: Hamilton
3rd: Massa

Fastest Lap: Hamilton

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
If anyone else has any good ideas on what we can tip on, let us know. The more things we can tip on, the more fun and exciting the competition will be. :D

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
[QUOTE="John25, post: 0]maybe bet on How many or who retires from the race ?[/quote]

Not a bad idea.

I was thinking maybe we can tip on what constructor comes away with the most points, who retires from the race first etc.

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
that sounds good im still leaning towards a 10k sp bet though lol as there are a lot of races and plenty of time to gain SP.

you got access to almost every aussie on the Forums sp:snicker

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
[QUOTE="Gilly3, post: 0]yeah ill get in on it.[/quote]

[QUOTE="ANDY098, post: 0]Yeah, I'll probably get involved in this once it starts.[/quote]

Cool. :D

What do you guys think the entry fee should be? 2000sp?

ANDY098

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2009
I don't mind how much it costs to play (within reason). As long as I can afford it since I rarely post and dont get a lot of SP.

I'd be up for a Fantasy F1 game aswell, the ITV one used to be pretty good but it seems like they stopped running it when they lost the TV broadcasting rights to the BBC. So I don't know which ones are good or not.

Mikleran

Elite Member
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="rich2086, post: 0]Why dont we join a fantasy league or make F1 fantasy league like the premier league game?

something like this http://www.fantasyracers.com/ or http://www.fantasy-f1.net/home/goHomePage.do or just create our own?[/quote]

The best one I found is http://www.f1badger.com/fantasygp/index.php?mes=login

It's normal fantasy F1, combined with the 'tipping' thing DonMare wanted to do:

PREDICTION POINTS:
To add an element of excitement to following the races on telly you can also predict the pole position for the starting grid, the race podium results and the fastest lap before each Grand Prix and score bonus points for being correct.

If you correctly guess who is on pole position you'll get 10pts, likewise if you correctly predict who wins then you'll receive 10pts. The same again if you correctly guess 2nd or 3rd place, however if you predict the entire podium as well as pole position and fastest lap, you'll receive 10 points for each correct prediction and an additional 20pts for getting all of them correct.

Drivers also earn points for how many positions they gain from their grid slot, so it's not all about choosing the people likely to win!

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="DonMare, post: 0]Cool. :D

What do you guys think the entry fee should be? 2000sp?[/quote]

To be honest I don't think it's worth bothering with SP, it's completely useless. If the icons were working then I'd make one for the winner.

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
[QUOTE="Mikleran, post: 0]The best one I found is http://www.f1badger.com/fantasygp/index.php?mes=login

It's normal fantasy F1, combined with the 'tipping' thing DonMare wanted to do:

PREDICTION POINTS:
To add an element of excitement to following the races on telly you can also predict the pole position for the starting grid, the race podium results and the fastest lap before each Grand Prix and score bonus points for being correct.

If you correctly guess who is on pole position you'll get 10pts, likewise if you correctly predict who wins then you'll receive 10pts. The same again if you correctly guess 2nd or 3rd place, however if you predict the entire podium as well as pole position and fastest lap, you'll receive 10 points for each correct prediction and an additional 20pts for getting all of them correct.

Drivers also earn points for how many positions they gain from their grid slot, so it's not all about choosing the people likely to win![/quote]

Sounds alright to me

ANDY098

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2009
I have created a league on http://www.f1badger.com/fantasygp/

It looks similar to the old ITV fantasy game, pick 3 teams, 3 drivers with a £70mil budget then pick your predictions for each race.

League name: PSU Forums
Passcode: fQqUIb

You have until an hour before qualifying starts to make your predictions. But I suggest you sign up before and create a team so everyone is ready for when the season starts and have an equal opportunity to gain as many points as possible.

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
[QUOTE="ANDY098, post: 0]I have created a league on http://www.f1badger.com/fantasygp/

It looks similar to the old ITV fantasy game, pick 3 teams, 3 drivers with a £70mil budget then pick your predictions for each race.

You have until an hour before qualifying starts to make your predictions. But I suggest you sign up before and create a team so everyone is ready for when the season starts and have an equal opportunity to gain as many points as possible.[/quote]

Im in - Crack a Rat is my team

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
[QUOTE="ANDY098, post: 0]I have created a league on http://www.f1badger.com/fantasygp/

You have until an hour before qualifying starts to make your predictions. But I suggest you sign up before and create a team so everyone is ready for when the season starts and have an equal opportunity to gain as many points as possible.[/quote]

Looks like it could be a small league lol