3D Dot Game Heroes screens

Agriel

Forum Sage
Mar 7, 2007
anyone else reminded of zelda just a little bit by some of those screens lol, that would be a good thing btw lol

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Agriel, post: 0]anyone else reminded of zelda just a little bit by some of those screens lol, that would be a good thing btw lol[/quote]

Listen to the music on the site ;)

Agriel

Forum Sage
Mar 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]Listen to the music on the site ;)[/quote]
might not be obvious to the average gamer but if you have played Zelda 1 as many houts as me you can hear the zelda theam in that score lol

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
Reminds me a little of Dragon Quest VIII as well.

In my opinion, the game has potential to be a big seller(unless the gameplay ends up lacking).Especially with its similarities to games like Zelda and Dragon Quest, which should help push the game in sales. It will depend a lot on marketing, either way it should sale more than Demon's Souls and hopefully we will hear about a US(and other regions) release soon.

dinotante

Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2008
it somehow feels like the whole game was done with the help of a couple of beers and vodka on the side... hahaha...

This is so insane!!!

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Agriel, post: 0]might not be obvious to the average gamer but if you have played Zelda 1 as many houts as me you can hear the zelda theam in that score lol[/quote]

That is exactness what it reminded me of.

Muntu

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2008
Loool that's so epic I just HAVE to check it out :D
Indeed, who would have thought blocks can be so beautiful.

S

Stig

Yeah, this NEEDS to release in NA. Gorgeous, inventive, thoroughly fun to play. Well, I hope so at least. :)

geostar

Super Elite
Nov 24, 2008
Man I don't know what it is about this game, but I almost am more hyped for this than FFXIII. Hopefully Atlus will come to the rescue and bring this west.

Edit: Just got on Atlus game suggestions forum and posted in the 3D Dot Game Heroes thread to show my support of bringing it over.

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
Such originality. From Software are really making the PS3 sing. Hopefully we'll get a European release unlike Demon's Souls.

What I'd like to know is how did From Software go from making mediocre games like Armoured Core to critically acclaimed titles like Demon's Souls? It's quite an impressive transition.

geostar

Super Elite
Nov 24, 2008
Website has updated with new images and a new song which is great.
:)

Edit: I see pics with a bow and arrow, a dog, bees a boomerang and an octopus in the pics on the website. Looks brilliant!

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]Lefein! whats up man?[/quote]

Mai bayd.. Que paso!

If this game is some kind of rebirth of oldschool classic RPG style gameplay, too then it's a Day 1 get for me:) It looks fresh!

A

acookster101

this is an OBVIOUS throwback to the times of zelda, and I think it's awesome. Although I do worry that games like this will be lost on a younger generation who weren't around for the NES days.. I hope not though, and they bring it stateside.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, if sony hopes to regain the lead in this war, it's going to have to take some risks on games that offer unique experiences and games like this, heavy rain, LBP, and others really give me a sense of hope..