3D Dot Heroes Webage.

Feb 26, 2008
It looks really cute. I'm loving Atlus atm.

I'd like to play a demo before considering buying the full game though. I read a 7/10(?) review on Eurogamer I think and they praised the game which piqued my interest.

spy966

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
OMG It's like a pixel art 3D game!
:eek: What the hell sword in trailer :cool:
Definitely keeping an eye on this.

HalfOfZero

Loves Kat Von D
Sep 21, 2007
www.just-stay-true.blogspot.com
I think the music should be less Midi style. Make it more like some remixed mario songs (youtube it for examples), keep the Midi tune but with a more up to date beat through it..
Anyway am I the only one that gets a sore head when you see all those huge pixels blurred in the background???

R

Rapture

I don't understand, what's the appeal of this game? It looks like a remix of Zelda, literally. Also, it it a PSN download or an actual disk bought game?

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]I don't understand, what's the appeal of this game? It looks like a remix of Zelda, literally. Also, it it a PSN download or an actual disk bought game?[/quote]

It seems to be an ode to ALL the games of that nature that came out in that area. Many of which did not leave japan. I was only clued in by the loading screens.

http://kotaku.com/5385422/3d-dot-heroes-has-the-bestest-load-screens/gallery/

Dec 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]I don't understand, what's the appeal of this game? It looks like a remix of Zelda, literally. Also, it it a PSN download or an actual disk bought game?[/quote]

That's the point. Take it you're not an old-school Zelda fan?

It's a retail disc game. I think it's going to be budget priced in US though. I heard $40. You can build your own character at the start using the block editor or you can pick from some pre-made ones. Also, you can visit the Blacksmith and upgrade the size of your sword to truly ridiculous proportions.

R

Rapture

[QUOTE="Metal Militia, post: 0]That's the point. Take it you're not an old-school Zelda fan?

It's a retail disc game. I think it's going to be budget priced in US though. I heard $40. You can build your own character at the start using the block editor or you can pick from some pre-made ones. Also, you can visit the Blacksmith and upgrade the size of your sword to truly ridiculous proportions.[/quote]

Interesting, how are the RPG elements? For instance, can you level up, upgrade skills, armor, etc.

Dec 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]Interesting, how are the RPG elements? For instance, can you level up, upgrade skills, armor, etc.[/quote]

What I said in my last post was just about the extent of my knowledge on this game. :D

I'd imagine you get a bigger lifebar as you progress ala Zelda. Not sure if you will have any other stats as it doesn't seem like that type of game. Guessing there will be special equipment/items to find in the dungeons and stuff too. They really don't seem to be straying too far from the Zelda conventions, tbh, but we'll see.

Jan 4, 2010
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]Interesting, how are the RPG elements? For instance, can you level up, upgrade skills, armor, etc.[/quote]

...the only RPG element I can see from the trailers is the ability to forge your sword to increase its strength and size. It could fit the entire screen if it were maxed all the way.