40 Minutes of MW3 MP Gameplay

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
Nice! The guy playing sucked so hard though, would have been nice if it were someone who could get a few kills going lol

proxi

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
www.sweatybastardsmusic.com
The Juiced deathstreak is atrocious. Seven seconds of super-marathon, just for dying a few times? It's going to be like Mario Kart with the infinite stars just for driving terribly. Black Ops was the worst COD for being able to get a good run of matches going when you're a skilled COD player. It offered little new in terms of learning curve, yet matches became so much more random due to daft weapons, perks, map sizes. Having stuff like Juiced is in my opinion another bizarre design choice. Imagine kicking someone's ass to see them given a speed boost to come back & find you before you can get out of sight.

Why not decide against including crap like that and make a more challenging MP? Less perks, none of these proficiency complications, raise the amount of bullets needed to kill and lower the bullet penetration impact through thick walls, steel etc. It's all so easy to kill or be killed.

Some good moves have been made - the 4 perks they mentioned that had been removed (Marathon, Lightweight, OMA, Commando) are all overpowered in previous COD games. The maps look interesting, but really dated now compared to other games in the genre. I'd expected far more areas to explore inside buildings especially when based in such areas as Paris, New York etc.

I've a few friends who'll get this and I'll watch it at their places for a while before deciding whether to pick it up cheap, but I can't see it progressing far away from the easily exploitable ways of the last two CODs. Just doesn't feel worthwhile playing a multiplayer game that is so random.

Royals

Aug 15, 2008
Florida
[QUOTE="proxi, post: 5651075]The Juiced deathstreak is atrocious. Seven seconds of super-marathon, just for dying a few times? It's going to be like Mario Kart with the infinite stars just for driving terribly. Black Ops was the worst COD for being able to get a good run of matches going when you're a skilled COD player. It offered little new in terms of learning curve, yet matches became so much more random due to daft weapons, perks, map sizes. Having stuff like Juiced is in my opinion another bizarre design choice. Imagine kicking someone's ass to see them given a speed boost to come back & find you before you can get out of sight.

Why not decide against including crap like that and make a more challenging MP? Less perks, none of these proficiency complications, raise the amount of bullets needed to kill and lower the bullet penetration impact through thick walls, steel etc. It's all so easy to kill or be killed.

Some good moves have been made - the 4 perks they mentioned that had been removed (Marathon, Lightweight, OMA, Commando) are all overpowered in previous COD games. The maps look interesting, but really dated now compared to other games in the genre. I'd expected far more areas to explore inside buildings especially when based in such areas as Paris, New York etc.

I've a few friends who'll get this and I'll watch it at their places for a while before deciding whether to pick it up cheap, but I can't see it progressing far away from the easily exploitable ways of the last two CODs. Just doesn't feel worthwhile playing a multiplayer game that is so random.[/QUOTE]Agree. Players should not be rewarded for doing poorly in a game.

Xy

Dedicated Member
Oct 23, 2008
Street Fighting
[QUOTE="proxi, post: 5651075]The Juiced deathstreak is atrocious. Seven seconds of super-marathon, just for dying a few times? It's going to be like Mario Kart with the infinite stars just for driving terribly. Black Ops was the worst COD for being able to get a good run of matches going when you're a skilled COD player. It offered little new in terms of learning curve, yet matches became so much more random due to daft weapons, perks, map sizes. Having stuff like Juiced is in my opinion another bizarre design choice. Imagine kicking someone's ass to see them given a speed boost to come back & find you before you can get out of sight.

I've a few friends who'll get this and I'll watch it at their places for a while before deciding whether to pick it up cheap, but I can't see it progressing far away from the easily exploitable ways of the last two CODs. Just doesn't feel worthwhile playing a multiplayer game that is so random.[/QUOTE]Spoken like a true guru of gaming! Couldn't agree with you more if i tried!

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="NARCsnake, post: 5651144]better detailed guns everything else is the same GO BATTLEFIELD 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I mean it looks decent compared to Modern Warfare 2 but I didn't see much difference gameplay wise. They did introduce some new modes but nothing to get excited about. :???:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
2:56 see the aim assist take over well bad.

I've a few friends who'll get this and I'll watch it at their places for a while before deciding whether to pick it up cheap, but I can't see it progressing far away from the easily exploitable ways of the last two CODs. Just doesn't feel worthwhile playing a multiplayer game that is so random.[/QUOTE]

People play COD because they do not like a challenge if they did the old school games would be more popular..

Jul 25, 2007
Is it really that hard to believe that people just...you know, have FUN with these games? Jesus Christ, it feels like you have to choose sides with BF3 and MW3. I love both of them, and I really can't see why some people want this game to fail so badly.

Royals

Aug 15, 2008
Florida
[QUOTE="LordVlad, post: 5651869]Is it really that hard to believe that people just...you know, have FUN with these games? Jesus Christ, it feels like you have to choose sides with BF3 and MW3. I love both of them, and I really can't see why some people want this game to fail so badly.[/QUOTE]Exactly, I plan on enjoying both games when they come out.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="LordVlad, post: 5651869]Is it really that hard to believe that people just...you know, have FUN with these games? Jesus Christ, it feels like you have to choose sides with BF3 and MW3. I love both of them, and I really can't see why some people want this game to fail so badly.[/QUOTE] For some people, it really is. I don't get it either.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 5652396]It's using the same graphics engine as MW2.. so yeah it will look like MW2. Also the story of the game takes place right after MW2.

I do not care for graphics for this game, it's all about the fun.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. That's why I buy CoD every year. It's just a shame Black Ops wasn't as fun as previous Call of Duty games in my opinion.

S

Soldier 95B

Amazing game. I am so stoked for this game. Loving all the new options, streaks, weapon upgrade, perks, etc. Looking to be the best COD yet.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="Flaredwings, post: 5682682]That was seriously boring as hell, not even slightly interested in the game. Rewarded for doing poorly?[/QUOTE]

Then why watch it? You knew exactly what you was letting yourself in for.

I didn't watch it as I know exactly what I'll be seeing, a clone of MW2 though in no way is that a bad thing. I'll be downloading this day one. People can say what they want about CoD but I love it. It gives some of the best MP gaming there is to offer this generation (though BF3 is going to give it a damn good run for it's money this year) no matter what anyone says.

---
- BBK Is Tapatalking

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
I'll be purchasing this game for the sole reason that a vast majority of my friends will be playing it. Honestly not too excited about the game right now, granted there seems to be a plethora of other great games coming out like Battlefield 3, Dark Souls, and Skyrim.

The game by no means looks bad, but it's simply beginning to get old in my opinion. Infinity Ward struck the sweet spot of the FPS world with Modern Warfare, but now I feel that its time in the spotlight is over.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5683582]This game can't get here soon enough.[/QUOTE]I agree, I want it now. I am actually hoping someone gets it early and streams it online somewhere and I normally don't like it when people get it before me lol